Options

[Chat] with friends.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    a
    trying to keep my mind off bad stuff........

So I'm working on ACAB. I don't know what theming to give the Ritualist class's Knacks (Passives) and Tricks (Actives). so far i used/am planning to use these themes:
    Aspect Thief = Crime Movies
    Artificer = Programming/Conspiracy terminology
    Bard = Song Titles
    Divinomancer = Astrology Stuff
    Adept = Shonen Anime titles
    Caster = Video Games
    Transmuter = alchemical stuff
    spellfist = Fighting Game Terminology
    Ritualist = ?????
    Shapechanger = Horror Movies
    Charlatan = Scam/conman terminology
    Summoner = Mythology

I'm just at a loss what's mainstream-understood yet occult in nature...

Tarot Reading

Like the cards?

I feel like calling a knack lake "Knave of Swords" wouldn't be quite as easy to understand as the passive "Yomi" which lets a Spellfist use Predict.

But at the same time, the flavor is strong.

but on the third hand, i already use the tarot deck instead of dice.

ya you can’t reuse tarot for this cause you already use it

can you come up with enough like very traditional -feeling magic accoutrements to name shit after, dribbly candles, summoning circles, magic mirror etc? Basically all the stuff you would find in a wizard’s room in a tower, but also maybe in an occultist’s room if they read too much alistair crowley or w/e

There's also the modern ideal of musicians being magic or selling their souls to the devil/evil spirit in order to obtain their talent, and songs themselves are actually spells which is why they evoke a very strong response.

Not to mention all the "satanic panic" of Metal in the 1990's, where they talk about playing records backwards containing Satanic worship hidden in normal words.

Well, i wanted to keep music for the Bard but...... I could go for metal band names instead of songs.

yeah, that could very well work.

Metal band names are incredible for skills/attacks/etc.

Iron Maiden? Infant Annihilator? Cattle Decapitation? Fear Factory? Spiritbox? Rivers of Nihil? Knocked Loose?

That's a deep well.

POWER TRIP

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    🦉
    Tumin wrote: »
    I think we picked a wedding venue

How did this happen

Am I...old...

I'm sitting at a Mexican college bar with a margarita and my helmet in front of me

Old is inevitable, lame is optional

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    🐳
    Bioshock Infinite made me cry at the end

I’m not ashamed

That game had the most darkest of endings.
    I still haven't played all the way through the DLCs.

Still
    Why did your character have to die?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    🪲

How did this happen

Am I...old...

ooh exciting; what kind of place, indoor/outdoor/local/destination etc?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Trying to help my mom pick out a laptop.

So many options... even with her rock solid requirements. >.< Also I feel bad because we missed an Easter Sale for a model she really liked.

@Athenor if you can hold out a little longer, there should be Memorial Day sales in about a month.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Trying to help my mom pick out a laptop.

So many options... even with her rock solid requirements. >.< Also I feel bad because we missed an Easter Sale for a model she really liked.

Athenor if you can hold out a little longer, there should be Memorial Day sales in about a month.

Sadly can't, mom "needs" it for a thing she's doing in a couple weeks.

That's okay though. I found an open-box version of one that she liked and had the features she wanted and was reasonably priced for what you get. I also used my Best Buy CC, which I've had 0 balance on for a couple years now, and went with 0% interest. So mom can pay me back whenever (and I know she's good for it).

Plus it means I get to take a small road trip, something I've been wanting to do for a while. :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    🐳
    They need to get Richard Garriot to do a storytime at PAX. Get Warren Spector to get him to do it.

• Options
    🐳
    I SUMMON WARREN SPECTOR!!!
    You would shit if he showed up.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    🦕
    Krathoon wrote: »

I’m not ashamed

Still
    To reset the multiverse to one path iirc. Where the only story is a man who didn’t give away his baby girl to pay off his debts

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    🦬

I’m not ashamed

Still
    To reset the multiverse to one path iirc. Where the only story is a man who didn’t give away his baby girl to pay off his debts
    🎵So the circle would be broken...🎵

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    🦕
    I just remember staring at the screen as the credits rolled with the end credit score playing and going

“…god damn”

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    🐍
    Tav wrote: »
    a

So I'm working on ACAB. I don't know what theming to give the Ritualist class's Knacks (Passives) and Tricks (Actives). so far i used/am planning to use these themes:
    Bard = Song Titles
    Caster = Video Games
    Ritualist = ?????
    Summoner = Mythology

Tarot Reading

Like the cards?

I feel like calling a knack lake "Knave of Swords" wouldn't be quite as easy to understand as the passive "Yomi" which lets a Spellfist use Predict.

can you come up with enough like very traditional -feeling magic accoutrements to name shit after, dribbly candles, summoning circles, magic mirror etc? Basically all the stuff you would find in a wizard’s room in a tower, but also maybe in an occultist’s room if they read too much alistair crowley or w/e

There's also the modern ideal of musicians being magic or selling their souls to the devil/evil spirit in order to obtain their talent, and songs themselves are actually spells which is why they evoke a very strong response.

Not to mention all the "satanic panic" of Metal in the 1990's, where they talk about playing records backwards containing Satanic worship hidden in normal words.

Well, i wanted to keep music for the Bard but...... I could go for metal band names instead of songs.

Iron Maiden? Infant Annihilator? Cattle Decapitation? Fear Factory? Spiritbox? Rivers of Nihil? Knocked Loose?

That's a deep well.

POWER TRIP

Steel Panther

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    a

Bard = Song Titles
    Caster = Video Games
    Ritualist = ?????
    Summoner = Mythology

Tarot Reading

Like the cards?

That's a deep well.

POWER TRIP

Steel Panther

KISS you cowards

• Options
    🦕
    EUROPE

• Options
    🦕
    Hair Bands and Stadium Rock for Bards

:open_mouth:

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    🐕
    I SUMMON POT OF GREED!!!

It's in my head now

• Options

"I use Bon Jovi on the archer"

...lacks that certain something, TBH

• Options
    🦕
    I summon MANOWAR

• Options
    🦕
    Orca wrote: »

Song names as spells then?

DEAD OR ALIVE

LIVING ON A PRAYER

FINAL COUNTDOWN

HAIL AND KILL

• Options
    edited April 2022
    🦬

Unless you use the titles instead

"I Give Love a Bad Name with the archer"

(You shoot somebody through the heart, and then choose who they blame)

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options

DEAD OR ALIVE

LIVING ON A PRAYER

FINAL COUNTDOWN

HAIL AND KILL

"I cast LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR"

• Options
    🦕

DEAD OR ALIVE

LIVING ON A PRAYER

FINAL COUNTDOWN

HAIL AND KILL

"I cast LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR"

It’s a trap spell??

• Options
    🦕
    Ragdoll could be paralyze

• Options
    🦬
    Don't Stop Believin' to rally your allies

We're Not Gonna Take It to invigorate them

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🐍
    I cast Goatwhore

oh

oh no

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    🐁
    chat is making me want a new Brutal Legend game

• Options
    🐍
    I cast Brand of Sacrifice, and a Toys R Us appears.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular

How did this happen

Am I...old...

Outdoor, it's a big converted backyard garden venue in Snohomish area, they're just starting out I think. Ceremony area is in a nice tree corridored lawn with a lot of space, then some flower/hedge enclosed paved space to set up tables and tents and do whatever we decide to do there, all overlooks some green space and a meadow that goes into...boggy trees? 18+ month lead time minimum on venues lately so...lots of time to decide what to actually do.

• Options
    I cast Deepwater Horizon and watch the enemy spontaneously combust and start spewing oil everywhere!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    🐕
    Final fantasy where the villain unleashes the ancient evil and it's just Reaganism

• Options
    🐳
    They need to get Richard Garriot to do a storytime at PAX. Get Warren Spector to get him to do it.

I sent an email to Tycho suggesting it.

We will see if someone reads it.

• Options
    I summon the FOO fightahs

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    🦉
    watching the baseball and just saw a Popeye's commercially advertising their "almost the best selling shrimp in America"

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    🐈
    I keep forgetting I bought stranger of paradise for some random reason or another

I’m probably goin to continue forgetting that

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bioshock Infinite DLC
    I didn't mind communication between Columbia and Rapture, but vigors being directly made from ADAM was a little weak

• Options
    🦬
    Chanus wrote: »
    watching the baseball and just saw a Popeye's commercially advertising their "almost the best selling shrimp in America"

Maybe it's like that number 2 car rental place - "We Try Harder"

• Options
    🐳
    I wonder if this remake is any good. It is dirt cheap. I loved the original. It had a voxel engine.
    https://www.gog.com/en/game/outcast_second_contact

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    🪲

How did this happen

Am I...old...

Outdoor, it's a big converted backyard garden venue in Snohomish area, they're just starting out I think. Ceremony area is in a nice tree corridored lawn with a lot of space, then some flower/hedge enclosed paved space to set up tables and tents and do whatever we decide to do there, all overlooks some green space and a meadow that goes into...boggy trees? 18+ month lead time minimum on venues lately so...lots of time to decide what to actually do.

18 month minimum? fuck, is that normal? I kinda figured a year or 9 months or something

also, that sounds like a really nice location!

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    🐈

How did this happen

Am I...old...

18 month minimum? fuck, is that normal? I kinda figured a year or 9 months or something

I wonder if a lot of people delayed getting married during COVID so all of a sudden they all want the prime venues and times

• Options

How did this happen

Am I...old...

No just tons of bookings right now, COVID delayed a lot of events and perhaps venues that were doing weddings have shifted or arent reopened? I dont know. Ive heard that dress alterations are also slammed.

This discussion has been closed.