Firefly MMO?

MrWigglezMrWigglez Registered User
edited February 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me an update on the status of the Firefly MMO? Ive been looking for a while now and cant find any recent information on it.

MrWigglez on

Posts

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Wasn't the licence picked up by some crappy generic mmo-engine/company?

    I love Firefly, and I'm a huge mmo addict, but I'm not sure I want to have "LF3M Niska run, PST!"

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There is a Firefly MMO coming out?

    Seg on
  • Gnomeland SecurityGnomeland Security Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    an MMO based on the serenity universe (firefly) was licensed and sold almost 2+ years ago

    havent heard anything about development since then

    remember, there are over 124 active MMOs on the internets... you probably wont see them all

    Gnomeland Security on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Ah, it's being put out by some random company on a middleware MMO engine which means it will be anywhere for terrible to slightly below average.

    YodaTuna on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It seriously looks like hell. I mean the graphics equivalent of somewhere between quake 2 and half life.

    leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • SmashismSmashism Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Spirits seem high.
    As sweet as this COULD be, we all know how it will be. Breaks my heart :(

    Smashism on
  • MrWigglezMrWigglez Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I was afraid it would turn out very badly... I really liked the show so i had a lot of hope this game would be at least passable. But I guess in the end I should have known a MMO based on a show that wasnt overly well known would not have had a large budget.

    MrWigglez on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    YaYa on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    250k players in a world with a population of 40k.

    Scooter on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    I'm glad other people saw that.

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • Golf153Golf153 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    Grinding Reavers for mob trash so you can upgrade your spaced out sister into a kick-ass assassin is going to be a chore.

    Golf153 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Everyone's a Cylon.

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Everyone's a Cylon.

    At least people playing cookie-cutter builds won't be fooling anyone.

    theSquid on
  • HembotHembot Registered User
    edited February 2008
    theSquid wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see a Battlestar Galactica MMO, and somewhere in the background there'll be a flyby of a familiar freighter.

    It'll be beautiful.

    Now how the hell would a BSG MMO work?

    http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-2763774996577696389&q=firefly+battlestar+galactica&total=34&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

    Everyone's a Cylon.

    At least people playing cookie-cutter builds won't be fooling anyone.

    Hard Decision - Play a hot chick or a hot dude...or a robot replica of a hot chick / hot dude.

    You'd think 40,000 beautiful people would quickly turn that into 40,000 beautiful people and 20,000 beautiful babies pretty quick.

    Hembot on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    demoworld.jpg

    A screen from the multiverse engine. Supposedly it's a tech demo for the network side, but still. Nothing really impressive.

    leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.