As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't edit signature; "Permission Problem You don't have permission to do that."

ElaroElaro ApologeticRegistered User regular
I can change other aspects of my profile through the preferences, but when I try to access the Signature Settings link, I get a Permission Problem page.

ETA: The functionality for changing other text-based aspects of our profiles seems to be OOC too.

Children's rights are human rights.
Elaro on

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    I can change other aspects of my profile through the preferences, but when I try to access the Signature Settings link, I get a Permission Problem page.

Where can you change other parts of your profile? I’m looking to change my “location” but I don’t see a text field for it anywhere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Where can you change other parts of your profile? I’m looking to change my “location” but I don’t see a text field for it anywhere.

!!!

You're right! I can access the other sub-pages of the Preferences page of my profile (Change My Picture, Quote Settings, etc), but I can't change any text-based stuff either!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    As of this post, I cannot change my signature either. Same issue with the Permissions Problem page.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    pretty sure profile editing has been turned off due to the bug that allows for username change popping back up

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    is it just me or are a lot of images hosted through the forums dead all of a sudden, seeing a lot of broken images in people's sigs

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If a common host is having issues then that may be causing the dead links

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Seeing the same behavior - The image in my signature is broken on the forum, but if I go to the source or open it in a new tab, the image is fine and hosting is still online.

Attempting to access my profile to edit my signature also returns a Permission error.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah my hosting is fine, something's wrong with sig embedding. I'll make a new thread since this is a separate issue.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Agreed. Strangely, my two older ones on Imgur aren't working here, but my newer one is.

They all work on other forums, however.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Can't seem to make my signature work. Odd.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    if you use a secure URL for your images it seems to work

I dunno why vanilla cares about that really but it's evidently what they're doing

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    if you use a secure URL for your images it seems to work

I dunno why vanilla cares about that really but it's evidently what they're doing

...well, I'll be damned.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!