As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo not at Pax West 23?

SirUberNoobPwnrSirUberNoobPwnr Registered User regular
Did you hear that Nintendo announced their own event in Seattle in September? Does this make anyone else think that they will skip on Pax West this year? :#

cqcb3p99yvzy.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    That looks very interesting and very close to PAX. Hard to say what they will do though.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I don't see anything that exactly precludes it from being Nintendo's presence at PAX as of yet. I remember when Microsoft took over the Annex for Halo one year, and this could well be some sort of deal like that.

Or... maybe not. If it is also Labor Day weekend but not PAX I think that would raise some eyebrows.

• Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I could see it going either way. Some companies have been smart about building sets that they can easily move to multiple shows, so on one hand it could make it more affordable and worthwhile for them to do both and just bring some existing stuff to PAX that they're going to use at their own show. And with E3 done for good that's one more thing they're not going to so... it will be interesting to see.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    I don't see it going the way of Riot, but you never know.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    So it looks like Nintendo Live will be in the old convention center (Arch) while PAX takes place in the new one (Summit).

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-live/

• Options
    skitch78skitch78 Registered User regular
    From the bottom of that Nintendo-Live webpage:

----
    Going to PAX West?
    PAX West badge holders who are interested in attending Nintendo Live 2023 can opt in to a separate promotion on the official PAX West website for a chance to win event tickets. Please note that a PAX West badge alone does not guarantee entry.

One ticket per person maximum, regardless of entry method. Nintendo Account required.
    ----