As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Amphibious Assault

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Amphibious Assault!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Amphibious Assault

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Slightly worried Kremit and the one with his tongue out are my favorites.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The smiley baby frog in the bottom right brings me joy and happiness.

Hoppy Wednesday, everyone!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Very good comic topic for a Wednesday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Voting is live:
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2023/05/10/vote

Remember, they will be doing Wheel Saint even if it gets 0 votes. Don't throw away your vote by voting for it.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    You need a twitter account to vote?!?

Why?

Do they know they have a website?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Because they don't want to build poll functionally on their website that currently doesn't support, and people who read the comic are more likely to have a Twitter account than club PA or forum account.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Google Forms literally couldn’t be easier. Fuck Twitter.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Because they don't want to build poll functionally on their website that currently doesn't support, and people who read the comic are more likely to have a Twitter account than club PA or forum account.

While I understand that, there are a million other ways to do that that don't involve giving business to a petulant man-child screwing his former employees (and they will all eventually be former employees) out of pay he owes them while simultaneously amplifying the voice of neo-nazis and white supremacists intent on taking over the country.

This seems like an easy call.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Ugh yeah, I'm pretty disappointed they decided to put it on Twitter. It's not like they aren't aware of what's wrong with it. I guess I'm not voting, but Wheel Saint was my favorite anyway.

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    I would have been in the minority vote for Sorcelator. Not sure I fully get Wheel Saint, but I’d read it nonetheless.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Currently 23-56-20

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I think this is a positive direction for the comic to go in.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    25k views, 3k votes

I nuked my Twitter last year, maybe a lot of others did as well?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Wait what's going on as a result of this vote?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There's poll functionality on Patreon - they could have used it to shill for Club PA

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular

One of the 3 pitches (Sorcelator, Wheel Saint or President Gorilla) will be developed into a full storyline.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »

One of the 3 pitches (Sorcelator, Wheel Saint or President Gorilla) will be developed into a full storyline.

More likely, which one will be further developed first. They tend to do all of them, this just determines the order.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Yeah there was something similar with the robot detective series, I remember they needed to do a second vote as tiebreaker

Also, why wasn't Frogs an option?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Fuck if they just did an intentionally stupid Frogs comic I would have voted for that shit.

I know, I know, sorcelator is right there, but it hurts me too goddamn much.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    There's poll functionality on Patreon - they could have used it to shill for Club PA

They could put it on twitter, too. Oh no, someone might vote twice. Someone who pays PA a monthly fee. What a travesty.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

They could put it on twitter, too. Oh no, someone might vote twice. Someone who pays PA a monthly fee. What a travesty.

Inb4 someone pays Musk for three hundred blue checks so they can force PA to make exclusively Twisp & Catsby comics.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I mean https://strawpoll.com/create/ is right there. Then everyone can vote.

• Options
    Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    Ok...thoses are some funny frogs. I would'nt mind a strip using frogs as characters.
    also [insert a witty hypnotoad reference here]

I never had twitter so, i won't vote.
    I'm fine with either Weel Saint or Sorcelator anyway.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

Inb4 someone pays Musk for three hundred blue checks so they can force PA to make exclusively Twisp & Catsby comics.

Hey, I like Twisp and Catsby. Don't associate them with Elon Musk.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »
    I would have been in the minority vote for Sorcelator. Not sure I fully get Wheel Saint, but I’d read it nonetheless.

I would've been right there with you. Trashed my Twitter account years ago.