As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help Me Decide

MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
edited February 2008 in Games and Technology
Hopefully you dont overlook this because i really need to make a decsion here. The thing is, I want to buy an xbox 360. Now Im not a huge microsoft fan . But ill play anything. Its just that ive seen some great xbox exclusive games come out and now its gotten to a point where i must have them. Now ive already decided that from now on ill just buy every system that released. And if i get an xbox now it wont be to play online. Ill do it for the next system. Ill play online on my wii and ps3. I realy wnat to play game slike gears of war and bioshock. so i was wondering what you guys think i should do.

Kay wrote:
Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
MarioG on

• Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If you've got the cash, there are worse things to spend it on. Go ahead and pick one up, play the hell out of some Bioshock, Gears, and the hojillion quality titles on XBLA.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    CorsairCorsair Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Just a note, those games you mentioned (and others) are also available on the PC. Just a heads up since you never mentioned if PC gaming is an option for you. Otherwise, I say go for it and get the 360. As was mentioned, there are a lot of great games available, plus XBLA has some great stuff. Can't go wrong!

Corsair on
  • Options
    whitey9whitey9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One minute you're up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley.

whitey9 on
    llcoolwhitey.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Do you have the money and the time for another console?

If so, then why not get a 360?

Also, do you have a decent television? If I were to start considering a console after owning a Wii and PS3 already, I'd consider saving up for a decent HDTV rather than spending on another console. Unless you don't much care about that. But for me, I have enough trouble as it is finding time for a Wii+DS+PS2backlog, let alone 2 more consoles. 'Course, I'm waiting until the RROD thing is completely mechanically fixed before getting a 360; or alternatively the PS3 drops more in price.

slash000 on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is the kind of decision you need to make largely on your own. We don't know how much you want to play 360's exclusives or how financially viable it is for you.

bruin on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Do you have the money and the time for another console?

If so, then why not get a 360?

Also, do you have a decent television? If I were to start considering a console after owning a Wii and PS3 already, I'd consider saving up for a decent HDTV rather than spending on another console. Unless you don't much care about that. But for me, I have enough trouble as it is finding time for a Wii+DS+PS2backlog, let alone 2 more consoles. 'Course, I'm waiting until the RROD thing is completely mechanically fixed before getting a 360; or alternatively the PS3 drops more in price.

This is what I'm waiting for also. Thing is, by time it gets fixed, I'll probably be best to hold off for X720.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Thanks guys Im gonna go ahead an buy one along with bioshock. I have 260 dollars and i saw one on ebay for 210 which leaves 50 bucks. Or i could just go to gamestop and buy one for 230. Also my pc doesnt have an adavnced video card its pretty absic. If not i wouldnt even bother iwth a 360. But overall i prefer console over pc. And to slash, even if i didnt have time i would make time. Youve all convinced me.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This depends a lot on the types of games you want to play. I've got a 360 but Mass Effect was one of the big reasons I got it and now I'm just going to wait and get it for the PC. Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 also came out for PC, so don't go buying a 360 for games you can go pick up now or will be able to play soon on your computer.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    MarioG wrote: »
    Thanks guys Im gonna go ahead an buy one along with bioshock. I have 260 dollars and i saw one on ebay for 210 which leaves 50 bucks. Or i could just go to gamestop and buy one for 230. Also my pc doesnt have an adavnced video card its pretty basic. But overall i prefer console over pc. And to slash, even if i didnt have time i would make time. Youve all convinced me.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    whitey9whitey9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Yeah don't buy one on eBay.

whitey9 on
    llcoolwhitey.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    whitey9 wrote: »
    Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One minute you're up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley.

Trading Places was an amazing film, in my top 5 comedies of all time.

"Mortimer, your brother is very sick!"

"FUCK HIM!!!"

As for the original poster's query, definitly pick one up. I own all 3 current consoles, and play the 360 more than my PS3 and Wii combined. Outside of a continuing derth of good JRPG's (Lost Odyssey and Eternal Sonata are the only real gems), it has the strongest lineup from top to bottom, even taking into account Sony's big dogs coming later (i.e. MGS4 and FFXIII), and from me and my friends' experiences, the newer Zephyr and Falcon boards are much more reliable than the first ones.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai