Options

How Do Lawyers Work in the [Twitter] Thread

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That shit's bizarrely far reaching. Let me tell you, at my last job when I worked for a custom gaming PC manufacturer, it was a real gross moment when I found out how many gaming PCs the air force and army bought every year.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I technically work for Raytheon because I work for Pratt & Whitney on commercial jet engines and the two companies merged without any real input from us grunts. I'm not terribly excited about unwittingly being added to the military industrial complex but so far all I've ever done is try to make sure at least the engines going on passenger jets work correctly, even if everything else about them is out of my control.

Edit: It's basically impossible to be in aerospace and not be touched by the malignant tentacles of the DoD it turns out.

This, x10. My first grant funded position to study dragonfly neurovisual aerial flight strategies was paid for by DARPA, and that was in Australia.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited April 26
    That shit's bizarrely far reaching. Let me tell you, at my last job when I worked for a custom gaming PC manufacturer, it was a real gross moment when I found out how many gaming PCs the air force and army bought every year.

I am reminded of the old quote about how most countries have an army but in Prussia the army has a country. Sometimes it seems like the US exists primarily to keep the MIC going rather than the other way around.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    DARPA funds a lot of biomedical science, too. Turns out, research that benefits civilian trauma medicine is useful for the DoD…

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I applied for a job at Raytheon once before I had enough of a brain to be disgusted by them

Very glad I didn't get that job

When I was applying for a teller job at a bank that was, much like the Church of England, set up primarily to serve the needs of one local family, I thought (but of course did not ask), "so how well does evil pay?"

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    yeah, I'm in northern Virginia - there's no escaping the bomb builders.

I grew up in NoVA and yeah basically that entire region is either MIC jobs for the upper-middle class, or service jobs for people under them

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular

4z3e8jqa1zkb.jpg
    Post by Will Stancil about a donation page, where for every dollar he raises, he will not post for one minute.
    3b98v0m3k1sn.jpg

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I don't know who that is but I will also not post at all for $1440 a day.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I might actually respect that move if the money was going to a charity of some sort

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    hell for 14,400 dollars I'll never post again

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it would take way more than $14k to make me swear off the internet

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    it would take way more than $14k to make me swear off the internet

Meanwhile I'll gladly swear on the internet for $14k. Shit, I'll do it for free!

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    For that much money per day you can pay someone to sit next to you, read what you would have posted, and tell you you're smart and would totally have won the argument, and still have most of it left over.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Every day a blocked number calls my phone and a voice I don't recognize offers me ten thousand dollars to not post, and every day I hang up on them and log in

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Every day a blocked number calls my phone and a voice I don't recognize offers me ten thousand dollars to not post, and every day I hang up on them and log in

You could at least try to bargain. I’m open to counter offers.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

As the opening pitch for a movie, I've heard worse

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Foolish

I'd change my password to random keyboard smashing for only $100 a day

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited April 26

Hey could you give them my number

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 26

Foolish

Do you get to know the random password?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'd wanna know why they didn't want me to post.

You have to tell me!

I need to know!

The tax man is going to ask a lot of wheres and whys and I need to know if I need charge GST!

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Plot twist: the person calling is your future self

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Is that the crossword guy

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

You could at least try to bargain. I’m open to counter offers.

The most important tool in a negotiation is a willingness to say "no" and walk away, even before negotiating

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Oh wait I very throughly mixed up my Wills

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Foolish

Do you get to know the random password?

no, the point is that i'd be making my account permanently inaccessible

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    so you wouldn't stop posting for 90 dollars/day

• Options

let's see the money

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    republic credits are no good out here, i need something more real

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

let's see the money

i don't want you to stop posting

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    republic credits are no good out here, i need something more real

sc6quodmw2a2.png

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The rare Jugganuki.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    New York City, the world loves you
    And retribution was surely duе
    To the zealots who brought you hell
    Boy thе heroes at Langley taught them well
    How to infiltrate joy into the world

Can't we all just get along like Amazon and Raytheon
    Coming together to make a drone
    To bring us lunch and kill their sons
    In a synergistic 2-for-1
    Ballistic joy to the world

Please stop resisting all the joy in your world
    Just a car full of celebrities singing about the joy in your world

https://youtube.com/watch?v=arLJBtFSMh4

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Y'all I just saw a cybertruck in the wild.

Witnessing it in motion really just emphasizes how big and useless it is. Just... slabs of steel what'd look better on the bed of a semi.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 27

cg9k0da9neng.jpeg

Sleepytime Mugi

Tuckered out Wheat Girl

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Jack, draw me like one of your french girls.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    “Marijuana is illegal under federal law.” Biden administration randomly enforces federal marijuana prohibition, seizing cannabis from licensed dealers in New Mexico, injuring the state-legal industry.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/new-mexico-governor-presses-biden-official-about-spike-in-federal-marijuana-seizures-from-licensed-businesses/
    The governor of New Mexico spoke with the head of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) this week and expressed concern about a recent surge of Border Patrol seizures of marijuana from state-licensed businesses, Marijuana Moment has learned exclusively. But the top Biden official simply reiterated that federal cannabis laws haven’t changed, indicating that the seizures will continue.

The office of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) shared details about the conversation with Marijuana Moment, adding that her administration is “working on a strategy to protect New Mexico’s cannabis industry” from adverse federal enforcement actions.

The governor spoke with DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Wednesday and “expressed her concern about the federal seizure of cannabis from licensed distributors in New Mexico,” Michael Coleman, the governor’s communications director, said.

“During the conversation, the governor noted that industry operators in border states where cannabis is legal appear to be at greater risk of scrutiny and arrest by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents than those in non-border states that have legalized cannabis,” he said.

“Secretary Mayorkas assured the governor that federal policies with respect to legalized cannabis have not changed,” he said. “Regardless, the governor and her administration are working on a strategy to protect New Mexico’s cannabis industry.”

Joe Biden: “okay, bring up the list, who haven’t we alienated so far in the run up to the election that we need in order to keep Donald Trump from ending the Free World as we know it and ushering in the Dark Age of America for generations to come?”

Random Aide: “Uhhhhh… looks like you still have yet to fuck with pot smokers, sir.”

Joe Biden: “Of course! The Weed Junkies! Fuck, get on that right away! And do it in a state that explicitly legalized it too, they need to know they can’t fuck around on our watch.”

Random Aide: “Right away sir. By the way, that puppy you ordered in for kicking should arrive in the next couple hours.”

Joe Biden: “Good! Little varmint deserves a good boot in the ass.”

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    but biden pardoned all convicted marijuana users!?!?!

*checks notes*
    As of the last updated date (April 22, 2024), the Office of the Pardon Attorney has issued 200 certificates of pardon.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm not surprised. Border Patrol are Cops But Worse and are probably doing this without any actual directive just because they can. Civil asset forfeiture is probably also a reason. Meanwhile Biden has never tried to put a stop to cop bullshit before and he's not going to start now because to him cops can do no wrong.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    but biden pardoned all convicted marijuana users!?!?!

*checks notes*
    As of the last updated date (April 22, 2024), the Office of the Pardon Attorney has issued 200 certificates of pardon.

That's probably almost all of them though, it's fine

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Look I'm sure he'll ramp up the pardons at the end of his term if he loses the election.

Wait this was supposed to incentivize voting for him! Fuck!

Twitch: Thawmus83