Options

Say hi to yer mother for me, [chat]

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Trying to upload some video too but gonna have to take off soon, word got out about this spot and it's just endless parade of headlights now. Earlier during a strong flare hit or whatever, even naked eye, looked like a bright magenta laser beam stretching from the center of the sky all the way to the ground. I thought I'd die of old age and never get to see this.

8cx1zb5u8s9b.jpg
    16vamw2cpxlt.jpg
    bj52qqm3ob2g.jpg
    p

• Options
    Tried some video. I forgot my real camera since I was in a sleepy rush, this was all cell phone.

https://youtu.be/4KJUws6Fdjg?si=nkj2Z-5XIa2-rWea

• Options
    edited May 11
    Back in bed now and about time too I'd only gotten two hours sleep and my head is hurting again. I'll go through the rest of my pictures later. Also, Havelock, not a warp storm! Do not exterminatus!

edit also guess I was about 5.5 degrees further north than DK

Weaver on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Aurora is significant tonight.

I live in a more marginal area right by the city and it is noticeable.

It's not strong enough for us to see it here over the city lights which is a bummer but I think it's still supposed to ramp up a little more tonight so maybe?

I'm only about 15 miles from downtown and, while it's not vivid colors, you can see some swirling green. Totally clear down here.

Totally clear here too and I was able to catch it a bit but nothing spectacular

Really no colors at all, just looks like odd straight line clouds that are very slowly vanishing and appearing while all pointing almost straight towards a single point in the sky

Still cool but definitely nothing to compare to some other ones I've watched.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Back in bed now and about time too I'd only gotten two hours sleep and my head is hurting again. I'll go through the rest of my pictures later. Also, Havelock, not a warp storm! Do not exterminatus!

edit also guess I was about 5.5 degrees further north than DK

Sounds just like what a warp storm would say.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I didn't get to see anything but my sister did boourns

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Looks like I picked the wrong night to turn in early

Although I live in the middle of a city so I doubt I would have seen much

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Call me a coward, but when I see a flying woman smash one tank then use that tank to smash two other tanks, I'm going to stop shooting.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Coward

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Call me a coward, but when I see a flying woman smash one tank then use that tank to smash two other tanks, I'm going to stop shooting.

This is why you're the NPC who doesn't survive. The one who keeps shooting eventually knocks off that last hit point.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Man you North Americans really getting a lot of cool sky shit this year huh

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Honk wrote: »

I would trade my cool sky shit for not having to worry about everything maybe going to shit in November.

You can have all of it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I would trade my cool sky shit for not having to worry about everything maybe going to shit in November.

You can have all of it.

No deal I just want the sky shit

• Options
    But I also don’t want the bad stuff to happen to you either

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    My oldest graduates from college today.

[dust]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    The Eurovision drama is driving my household crazy. My 7 year old loves Europapa and Joost Klein by extension. If it turns out Joost did assault someone backstage and is going to be the first disqualified candidate in over 50 years, my kid will be heartbroken. He's been so hyped about staying up late to watch the finals, largely because of Europapa.

The song is immensely popular, has dominated the charts for weeks and even the supporting friends of Klein (the guy in the blue bird costume, for example) get TV interviews. So if this really is what it seems like it is, it's going to destroy a lot of careers. If it turns out to be false, or the organisation is making something out of nothing they'll just make every Dutch child hate Eurovision.
    Omg what?? I did not know this happened or didn't happen.

• Options
    The Eurovision drama is driving my household crazy. My 7 year old loves Europapa and Joost Klein by extension. If it turns out Joost did assault someone backstage and is going to be the first disqualified candidate in over 50 years, my kid will be heartbroken. He's been so hyped about staying up late to watch the finals, largely because of Europapa.

The song is immensely popular, has dominated the charts for weeks and even the supporting friends of Klein (the guy in the blue bird costume, for example) get TV interviews. So if this really is what it seems like it is, it's going to destroy a lot of careers. If it turns out to be false, or the organisation is making something out of nothing they'll just make every Dutch child hate Eurovision.

The police investigation has concluded and it’s been handed over to prosecutors. It seems kind of clear how it will go at this point.

I guess if there’s no need to detain him physically, and he’s not currently, there’s nothing to legally prevent him from participating. So I guess the part about disqualification or letting him perform is just up to EBU. But the organization isn’t making something about nothing at least - he has been accused of a crime and it’s at a prosecutors desk.

It sucks for a lot of people involved including the potential victim, but also everyone whose livelihoods or big-breaks depended on this funny performer not assaulting a woman. But also I feel you having this let down and somehow having to explain something like this to your kid, it’s not something I would like being forced to deal with.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    That was indeed one hell of an aurora. Pics tomorrow*flop*

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    can’t believe they turned the sky woke 😡😡😡

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Morning.

I hear someone lit farts across the sky?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    lol this scene from the Young Sheldon finale.

also wild, a Bang Bang Theory esque-scene with out a laugh track.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    møther, the pakige

Guess I should put on pants and go get the pakige today.

• Options
    a bunch of my friends are boycotting Eurovision this year and I’m genuinely impressed especially since these are the sorts who’d lap up Irelands entry being a gay witch

these are people who’d spend weeks talking about it and going to semi final watch parties and shit, there’s been basically no mention of it on my timelines

• Options
    Why are they boycotting Eurovision

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    møther, the pakige

Guess I should put on pants and go get the pakige today.

I respect your sacrifice for the sake of the pakige.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Israel’s participation.

• Options
    It has been an experience seeing EBU trying to will logic into existence why Russia is banned while Israel is not.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

Israel’s participation.

I'm seeing a lot of people worrying that Israel seems to be doing well and what that means about the success or otherwise of the boycott

But logically if people are not watching or voting in opposition to Israel, the people that are will be either unengaged with it as a political issue, or actively pro Israel

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Welp, just spent way too much time today on a 4X game

But it was Endless Legend, not Endless Space 2 because the Broken Lords are cool

Man the combat in that game is a clusterfuck

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

The police investigation has concluded and it’s been handed over to prosecutors. It seems kind of clear how it will go at this point.

I guess if there’s no need to detain him physically, and he’s not currently, there’s nothing to legally prevent him from participating. So I guess the part about disqualification or letting him perform is just up to EBU. But the organization isn’t making something about nothing at least - he has been accused of a crime and it’s at a prosecutors desk.

It sucks for a lot of people involved including the potential victim, but also everyone whose livelihoods or big-breaks depended on this funny performer not assaulting a woman. But also I feel you having this let down and somehow having to explain something like this to your kid, it’s not something I would like being forced to deal with.

Oh yeah it gets translated as "threatened" in Dutch media ??? I would assume someone going to perform at Eurovision is smart enough not to go around assaulting people just before the big show? Like, ignoring the idea that most people don't go around assaulting people in the first place.

And yeah, everyone in the entertainment industry has a higher than average chance of being an abusive monster, so I guess it was only a matter of time before something like this was going to be a talking point in our family.

• Options
    japan wrote: »

Israel’s participation.

I'm seeing a lot of people worrying that Israel seems to be doing well and what that means about the success or otherwise of the boycott

But logically if people are not watching or voting in opposition to Israel, the people that are will be either unengaged with it as a political issue, or actively pro Israel

i support the boycott as a means of hurting eurovision but on the flipside it does mean that its easier for israel to whitewash their image

there's multiple videos of boo'ing inside the arena during israel's sf performance that were edited out of the broadcast

• Options
    We just have a competition that brings together like 37 different countries but don't worry we're not political : )

• Options
    We just have a competition that brings together like 37 different countries but don't worry we're not political : )

Britaim getting nul point in 2003 wasn't political

• Options
    aight, time to fetch pakige.

It's 14 degrees. Hoodie? Hoodie + summer jacket? Every year I have to re-learn how weather works.

• Options
    ESC just announced that he is banned from the final. 😬

• Options
    japan wrote: »

Israel’s participation.

i support the boycott as a means of hurting eurovision but on the flipside it does mean that its easier for israel to whitewash their image

there's multiple videos of boo'ing inside the arena during israel's sf performance that were edited out of the broadcast
    Their 2022 "freedom" song as they were bombing Gaza in real-time. Dissonance chef's kiss.

• Options

Oh yeah it gets translated as "threatened" in Dutch media ??? I would assume someone going to perform at Eurovision is smart enough not to go around assaulting people just before the big show? Like, ignoring the idea that most people don't go around assaulting people in the first place.

And yeah, everyone in the entertainment industry has a higher than average chance of being an abusive monster, so I guess it was only a matter of time before something like this was going to be a talking point in our family.

Hmm maybe it’s something to wait and see where the chips fall. I am also now seeing that the crime was Unlawful Threatening, but they said assault previously. They may have been investigating it as such first and then decided on the lesser title. If it was physical and verbal, but didn’t amount up to assault which I think requires a higher degree of severity.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Big oophs all around. We're really curious wtf happened

• Options
    Yeah
    All police investigations are made public upon completion. So it will be trivial to find a PDF of what exactly everyone claims to have done and said. Witnesses exact wordings etc.

Give it a couple weeks or so.

This discussion has been closed.