As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40k Mega-Battle Sign-Up

de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Ok folks, If you want to crack some heads in the mega-battle, sound off here. As for the rules, here's what I've come up with; edits in bold.

Armies must conform to the Standard Force Organization Chart.
Multiple Detachments ARE Allowed.
The points limit is 2000 points per detachment. Feel free to bring more troops, as they may be needed to fill gaps in the forces.
NAR is in effect. TVR will not be used.
WYSIWYG WILL be enforced.
Models DON'T need to be painted, but it would be nice 8)

FoO vs. FoD, UNLESS I manage to pull together enough Ork players to match everone else :twisted: ,which most likely won't happen.

Here's what's still up in the air;
Start Time- I say 7:00PM on Saturday, but your opinions would be nice.
Breaks - Will there be any?

de4dmeta1 - Orks
2000+ points

de4dmeta1 on

• Options
    Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    i have a question. will we have to conform to wysiwyg? will models have to be painted? ok thats two questions.... oh well.

either way I'm in, and I'm sure my friend will be in

slap Kyle down for 1,500 points of tyranids
    and Jacob down for a giant sum of necrons

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    FallFall Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    No points limit... yeesh. I played Warhammer 40k once five years ago, and even I know that'd make for one giant clusterfuck.

Fall on
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    Fall wrote:
    No points limit... yeesh. I played Warhammer 40k once five years ago, and even I know that'd make for one giant clusterfuck.
    Hence the 'mega-battle' part. As far as I'm concerned, if someone can muster more than 3000 points, they've earned the right to field the whole group, although COMMANDING it all by themself is a bit masochistic.

Also, I'd like to try to keep this thread only to people signing up for the game. Therefore, if anyone has any questions about it, just PM me. K?

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    I'd do it. Hail the Eldar!

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    Ok, I know I said not to clutter up this thread. I'm a hypocrate, so shoot me. I say, just in case no more people decide to show, we just have ourselves a good ol' Carnage battle, let's say 2000 points?

This, of course, will only happen if there aren't enough players to have the aformentioned giant clusterfuck. Any thoughts?

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    could you clarify what FoO and FoD means?

Also I think a point limit might be a wise idea. That way some people don't bring over 5k or more which might unbalance one of the sides

edit: I'll be there. Is it cool to field 2 or more races?

I'll edit this again when i figure out how many points I have.

khain on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    FoO = Forces of Order - Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Tau, Daemonhunters, Kroot Mercenaries, Space Wolves 13th Company, Ulthwe Strike Force, Cadian Defense Force
    FoD = Forces of Disorder - Chaos Space Marines, Necrons, Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Lost & the Damned

The FoO and FoD were used in the Eye of Terror campaign to determine who fought who.

As for the points limit, unless we get enough players for a truly epic battle, let's say 2000 points as a nice baseline. It wouldn't hurt to bring more than that though, so we can balance off the sides with more troops if need be.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    FoO = Forces of Order - Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Tau, Daemonhunters, Kroot Mercenaries, Space Wolves 13th Company, Ulthwe Strike Force, Cadian Defense Force
    FoD = Forces of Disorder - Chaos Space Marines, Necrons, Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Lost & the Damned

The FoO and FoD were used in the Eye of Terror campaign to determine who fought who.

As for the points limit, unless we get enough players for a truly epic battle, let's say 2000 points as a nice baseline. It wouldn't hurt to bring more than that though, so we can balance off the sides with more troops if need be.

Yar. With 2k pts. some of us people withj smaller armies who want to play are SOL.

• Options
    edited August 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:

Yar. With 2k pts. some of us people withj smaller armies who want to play are SOL.
    Not quite. The 2000 points thing should be the upper limit of army size. Seeing as it most likely wouldn't be an FFA, a slightly smaller army shouldn't be that big of an issue. Besides, if we make some objectives, a smaller force may be able to slip under the radar for a turn or two.

I never intended the points limit to keep people from playing, just to keep things relatively sane.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    ZeroZero wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:

Not quite. The 2000 points thing should be the upper limit of army size. Seeing as it most likely wouldn't be an FFA, a slightly smaller army shouldn't be that big of an issue. Besides, if we make some objectives, a smaller force may be able to slip under the radar for a turn or two.

I never intended the points limit to keep people from playing, just to keep things relatively sane.

Ok, thats better.

• Options
    edited August 2004
    You know, we still haven't nailed down a start time. Is everyone good with 7:00PM on Saturday?

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    You know, we still haven't nailed down a start time. Is everyone good with 7:00PM on Saturday?

Is PAX going 24/7? Cause if not I doubt we'd get down by the time it closes for the night.

khain on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    khain wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:

Is PAX going 24/7? Cause if not I doubt we'd get down by the time it closes for the night.

It's so 24/7. IIRC, it runs for 39 hours straight, and the one-day passes are good until 7:00AM, which I'm SURE we'll be done by.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    tristamtristam Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I have more than enough dark eldar to play with you guys, at least i should *checks storage*. Ill get back to you guys when im absolutly sure (read: tomorrow).

tristam on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    It's so 24/7. IIRC, it runs for 39 hours straight, and the one-day passes are good until 7:00AM, which I'm SURE we'll be done by.

So, wouldn't that make it like 19.5/2 instead of 24/7? The event isn't going to be 24 hours for 7 days.

Now that would be something.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    QuizMaster wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:

So, wouldn't that make it like 19.5/2 instead of 24/7? The event isn't going to be 24 hours for 7 days.

Now that would be something.
    *smack*

You know what I meant. 8)

Sounds good Tristam. As for me, I'm off to go work on my orks again, maybe finish painting some of the little bastards.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    So I'm guessing custom models aren't allowed? *such as the flyer I made en-lou of a forgeworld barracuda or tiger shark* I think I read it somewhere, but I'm just wondering what I should bother to bring along if I do make it.

2000 points isn't too bad, although with enough players...well, I still think I'd take maybe 1000 points or a little less, just so I could play for a while but not stay for hours and hours. Besides, some of the smaller armies COULD form alliances for a turn or two, although I'm not sure how backstabbing people would be.

Once again, if I get the time off work, I'll try to make it, I should be finding out this week, hopefully in a day or two.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    If custom made models weren't allowed, I'd have to leave most of my army at home :lol: . As long as it has all the same weapons, etc. as what you want to rep it as, you're good.

As for the backstabbing and time constraints, we are aiming for a team battle, so there shouldn't be too muh of a problem with those. Unless of course, we don't have enough people to have a semi-balanced team match.

Then all bets are off for time and backstabbing :twisted:

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    Well shit. Turns out stuff I had planned on doing before I started this up is now going to interfere with this. I'm going to honour my original obligations (what with the other thing), which unfortunately means I'll have to bow out of this. Shitty for me, seeing as I'm the one who started it in the first place.

I will however still help organize it via this forum. If someone wishes, I guess I could even make up a little package to help them run the game - little notes and such.

I really hate to have to do this, but I've got to honour my previous obligations. Sorry guys, but Klan Infernoz won't be in attendance for this match. :cry:

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2004
    de4dmeta1 wrote:
    Well shit. Turns out stuff I had planned on doing before I started this up is now going to interfere with this. I'm going to honour my original obligations (what with the other thing), which unfortunately means I'll have to bow out of this. Shitty for me, seeing as I'm the one who started it in the first place.

I will however still help organize it via this forum. If someone wishes, I guess I could even make up a little package to help them run the game - little notes and such.

I really hate to have to do this, but I've got to honour my previous obligations. Sorry guys, but Klan Infernoz won't be in attendance for this match. :cry:

So, what previous things you regesterd for?

• Options
    edited August 2004
    ZeroZero wrote:
    de4dmeta1 wrote:

So, what previous things you regesterd for?

Well, it's not really an organized event per se, but I was planning to go out on the town with a bunch of friends, and the best time to do so that they nailed down just so happens to mess up any chance of me playing in this. Besides, now that I seriously consider this (what with it being a scant few weeks away), and how much the music at NWC'03 kicked ass, I was leaving myself out of a lot of once-only stuff, to play a (rather large albeit) game I could get going any time.

As fun as Warhammer is, a large mob roaming Bellevue, terrorizing a Red Robin, then having a mosh all our own during the Minibosses show is something you can't re-create. I hate having to back out at the last minute like this, but there's only so many hours in the day.

de4dmeta1 on