As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Appropriately Titled "Kick-Ass"

2»

• Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    :^: :^: for Mr Pink

Squashua on
  • Options
    The WalrusThe Walrus ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's a funny comic book, I think a few of you are taking it a bit serious.

I dig it.

The Walrus on
    http://wreck-age.net Home of your soon to be favorite post-collapse, dystopian, SF Table Top Strategy game & RPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hyacinthgames/a-tabletop-rpg-and-board-games-project-from-chicag
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Squashua wrote: »
    :^: :^: for Mr Pink

Years of deciphering a drunk roommate.

Years.

Kick Ass entertained me and didn't make me regret my purchase. I'm adding it to my list because I'm actually pretty curious to see where it goes. It would be cool if the origin story is only a more 'recent' flashback, meaning he's still got clamps on his little fella. That whole 'life flashing before death' thing?

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Kick Ass reminds me a lot of that "DC Focus" line of books DC came out with a few years ago that had

Fraction : 4-5 douchebags find a power armor and each takes a piece
    Hard Time : a boy gains superpowers while pulling a Columbine, then gets sent to jail; by the late Steve Gerber
    Kinetic : a universally sick kid gets instantly healthy and gains uber super-powers
    Touch : a guy can give (and take) super-powers to other people he touches, one person at a time

Hard Time was great, but it was forced to retire too soon and had a forced ending, even the renewal of the series was killed too short.
    Fraction was OK, but the plot was going nowhere and it wrapped up.
    Touch, with the whole Hollywood take, was interesting enough, but died with too many questions unanswered.
    Kinetic is most like Kick Ass, but only b/c the lead kid in both was an uber lanky wimp-o. Also, every issue just dragged on and on and on with nothing happening.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    I don't really know how you can say "every issue" about Kick-Ass, when only one has come out.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    I don't really know how you can say "every issue" about Kick-Ass, when only one has come out.

Every issue of Kinetic.

And I did not intend to imply that nothing happened in Kick-Ass. Nothing happened in Kinetic. For several issues. Very slow.
    Kick-Ass is similar to Kinetic, but it's a lot faster moving.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2008
    Oh oh OK
    My bad

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Not your bad. I can barely read what I wrote up there.

Squashua on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So. In response to some earlier posts, I just thought I'd come in this thread and say that the banning was pretty much a mistake. :^:

Also, next issue of Kick-Ass next week. Exciting!

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png