As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reloading in firefox

DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad TouchYour local playgroundRegistered User regular
it might just be me, but it's happened to me at least twice now.

I was typing up a long as hell response in the quick-reply window, and when I scroll back up to check something, the page reloads, and I lose my stuff.

now I didn't click anything, and my finger was no where NEAR the f5 button, so I don't know what the hell is going on, but I thought I'd let you guys know.

batsig.jpg
Dislexic on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Next time, click in the message box and hit "undo."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited March 2008
    now I didn't click anything
    I didn't click anything either!

Thanatos wrote:
    click in the message box and hit "undo."
    By "undo" I think Thanatos means Ctrl-Z on your keyboard (assuming Microsoft O/S).

I know that trick works in a forward/back situation, but I'm not sure about this reload scenario you are speaking of.

Ramius on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's not reloading, but there's some sort of shortcut you can hit on your keyboard with Firefox that'll make your mousewheel scroll forward and backward through pages you've loaded. I don't know what it is, and had it happen to me a few times in the last couple of years, but it's definitely user-end.

Henroid on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's not reloading, but there's some sort of shortcut you can hit on your keyboard with Firefox that'll make your mousewheel scroll forward and backward through pages you've loaded. I don't know what it is, and had it happen to me a few times in the last couple of years, but it's definitely user-end.

Shift + scroll up or down goes back or forward.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited March 2008
    huh, so it does (in Firefox 2). I'm running Minefield (ff3b5) on my other PC and there it doesn't. It would seem they changed the default on this setting. If you don't like the behavior, you can change it yourself in FF2.

Ramius on