As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 1&2 + Tactics! Aim for the groin!

1242526272830»

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    august wrote: »
    The thing about Bloody Mess is that you never get the satisfaction of making an awesome critical. Or it isn't the same anyway.

If you choose bloody mess, you never get to see the coolest death animation, either. The "riddled with bullets" one.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ThreeFingerHoekThreeFingerHoek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    august wrote: »
    The thing about Bloody Mess is that you never get the satisfaction of making an awesome critical. Or it isn't the same anyway.

If you choose bloody mess, you never get to see the coolest death animation, either. The "riddled with bullets" one.

Yup. Your weedy P90s shredding off entire upper torsos gets kind of old eventually, especially when the death cry is always the same.

ThreeFingerHoek on
    badsig.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I started a playthrough of the original Fallout last night after finally wrapping up that unarmed evil bastard FO2 run this week.

I'm already about ready to assault the military base and the Cathedral. This game can be really short if you're playing an evil prick that decides to insult quest npcs and then kill them to get to critical items or areas instead of doing the running around and fetching they ask you to.

Also, stuff dies really fast compared to the sequel. When I first encountered super mutants, I was prepared for a tough fight. Then I shot one and learned that they only have 40ish hp. That's like a third of what they have in the sequels.

At this rate, I'll be done with this run before hitting level 15.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    While I've never completed one, I heard doing a low int run was hilarious.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I started playing fallout, and noticed when you travel between places, it tracks the day/time, if you run out of the week or so deadline they give you to get the water chip, do you lose the game?

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Ardor wrote: »

http://www.letsplayarchive.com/

The fallout 2 Lets Play is brilliant.

Junpei on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So I started playing fallout, and noticed when you travel between places, it tracks the day/time, if you run out of the week or so deadline they give you to get the water chip, do you lose the game?

It's not a week, I think its 40 days, but it has been awhile. And yes, you lose if it happens, but I've never had even come close to the limit, so don't worry too much.

Neaden on
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    It's 140 days. If you don't have the patch there's a second time limit after you find the water chip. I forget how long it is, but once it expires Super Mutants find Vault 13. They got rid of that pretty much immediately though.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    BurguBurgu Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Junpei wrote: »

That was amazing

Burgu on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Burgu wrote: »
    Junpei wrote: »

That was amazing

Ardor on
  • Options
    DamascusxieDamascusxie Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    What annoys me about tactics is that you kind of need to switch weapons each time you switch enemies if you want to be able to use the ammo you scavenge from them. I really wish there was no limit on the amount of ammo you can purchase from the quartermaster. Thats not counting the special ammo of course, but normal ammo should be within the Brotherhood's ability to produce.

ARG I have all these .50 cals and nothing to PUT IN THEM.

Damascusxie on
    starlordsig1-2.jpg