As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It looks like it's easy to get a refund on your PAX tickets (if plans fall through)

TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta GhostbusterAtlanta, GARegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in PAX Archive
There is a long story I could tell and it involves getting my college degree and owing the government a ton of tax money. The bottom line is that I got two early-bird tickets to PAX (at $40 apiece) and now I won't be able to use them.

Now I am not sure if selling them is even possible or if there is some kind of process I should go through or permission to ask but I'm fairly sure they were non-refundable and I'd like to eliminate my losses. I'm just thankful I hadn't booked hotel and airfare yet.

I don't know who to ask about it but I would be selling them for the same price I paid. I'm no scalper. I'm thinking I could get the money through PayPal and then just change the shipping address on the tickets.
So before I go around asking someone to buy these tickets, is this even kosher?

TankHammer on

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2008
    It is, usually happens closer to PAX when people have their tickets in-hand or in the mail and realize they can't go. At this point though, you should still be able to cancel your ticket order and get your $40 refunded.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Alright I emailed Brown Paper Tickets to ask if there was a way to refund them. Most of the time when you buy tickets to an event like this (in my experience) they are non-refundable.

I cannot express how much it SUCKS that I can't attend PAX. I was psyched to go this year as it was going to be my first time. I guess maybe next year then.

Thanks for your help and I hope I can get the cash back for these as I am poor as hell right now.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aye =( You'll be there in spirit though. Hopefully next year will be better. =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    All right!

So less than 2 hours after I send the email my phone rang (at 8:45 on a Sunday night even!). It was a representative from Brown Paper tickets confirming my cancellation. She asked my billing address and promptly canceled my tickets.

Now I wasn't even expecting to resolve this tonight, I assumed I would be getting a response from the company tomorrow if I was lucky.

I just wanted to let people know how easy this is just in case they've fallen into a similar situation.

Thanks again Moe! I'd never have tried to do this the easy way if you hadn't suggested I contact the company. I'm a bit jaded when it comes to dealing with corporate entities and it's a relief to have it settled so quickly and conveniently through the company.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    collinccollinc Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I believe when it was announced that PAX tickets were to be sold through this company it was because Jerry and Mike were so impressed by them. I could be wrong. But this shows they're on top of their shit.

collinc on
    Free cake. Inquire within.
This discussion has been closed.