As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] said I liked you. Then he walked up and said "let me snake bite you"

• Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I hate paying rent.

This insult is compounded by the fact that our real estate agency is too incompetent to sort out a payment solution that doesn't involve someone paying it Face to Face on Saturday mornings.

Do what I do: give them a check for like six months' rent now so you don't have to deal with it.

Satan. on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have concluded, that I fail at relationships.

With this realization, I can move on.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    "Nobody cares who would win in a fantasy-fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden!"

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    japan wrote: »

Those certainly are some unorthodox trousers.

I'm glad that the videos of me doing this will never see the light of day.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I have concluded, that I fail at relationships.

With this realization, I can move on.

I think I beat everyone in this regard.
    I realized that I sucked at relationships before I ever got into a relationship.
    Really protects the sanity of everyone involved.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oi. Gun thread gave me a headache.

But I think we're better now.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    "Nobody cares who would win in a fantasy-fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden!"

Is this pre concentration camp Anne or after she enters the concentration camp?

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

I usually don't read threads past page three or so. Saves a lot of headache.

Satan. on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

"Gun Nuts" or "Let's talk about guns"?

The former I can see, the latter I find quite interesting, particularly given I will likely never be in a position to legally own a firearm.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

n505939485_392513_7902.jpg

Satan. on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man. :(

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008

"Gun Nuts" or "Let's talk about guns"?

The former I can see, the latter I find quite interesting, particularly given I will likely never be in a position to legally own a firearm.

The former. I didn't even know the latter was on the front page again. :P

Feel free to read the last few pages for a grand ol' time, it's a magical place where knives are deadlier than guns and I'm a dipshit who needs to shut up!

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I'm going to bed. Night, guys.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

I usually don't read threads past page three or so. Saves a lot of headache.

It's just one of those things that happens with D&D when things get heated. Inconsequential minutia becomes more important than the actual point you're trying to make and everyone's mother is a whore.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008

Lizzie Borden took an axe
    Gave her mother forty whacks
    When she saw what she had done
    She gave her father forty-one!

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Statistically, living where I am, I think it's about 25 times more likely I'll be murdered with a knife than with a gun.

EDIT: this has no real bearing on anything, I just sometimes find it interesting that where I live holds the unenviable distinction of "Place in Western Europe where you are most likely to be murdered".

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

Lizzie Borden took an axe
    Gave her mother forty whacks
    When she saw what she had done
    She gave her father forty-one!

It's not like it would be a difficult question to answer.

Nerds, to M.U.G.E.N!

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Statistically, living where I am, I think it's about 25 times more likely I'll be murdered with a knife than with a gun.

Oh no we're not doing this in here too :P

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2008

n505939485_392513_7902.jpg

D:

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate paying rent.

This insult is compounded by the fact that our real estate agency is too incompetent to sort out a payment solution that doesn't involve someone paying it Face to Face on Saturday mornings.

Do what I do: give them a check for like six months' rent now so you don't have to deal with it.

I'll not give them the satisfaction.

NOR THE INTREST.

I COULD DO WONDERFUL THINGS WITH THAT $294.00 AU

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You ever get the feeling certain people aren't responding to a post so much as the amalgam in their mind of a dozen posts from threads long past that are at best tangentially related to it?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate paying rent.

NOR THE INTREST.

Then do what I do: give them rent checks for upcoming months, post-dating each check for the date that month's rent is due.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008

See previous edit. It's a funny thing, danger. It doesn't feel especially dangerous to wander the streets here at night.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You ever get the feeling certain people aren't responding to a post so much as the amalgam in their mind of a dozen posts from threads long past that are at best tangentially related to it?

Fuck you, Anne Boleyn was too a whore.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    I hate paying rent.

NOR THE INTREST.

Then do what I do: give them rent checks for upcoming months, post-dating each check for the date that month's rent is due.

This not a bad idea.

Except that they : Lost 3 sets of keys for my place, "forget"/lose work requests et al and for a period of about 5 months had misplaced our rental agreement.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

See previous edit. It's a funny thing, danger. It doesn't feel especially dangerous to wander the streets here at night.

Sometimes I wonder if we should just let the Yakuza take over homeland security.

The reason gun violence in Japan is so low is because Japanese organized crime syndicates are infinitely more effective at policing their turf than the actual police.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate paying rent.

NOR THE INTREST.

This not a bad idea.

Except that they : Lost 3 sets of keys for my place, "forget"/lose work requests et al and for a period of about 5 months had misplaced our rental agreement.

Also I remember reading that post-dating a check is merely a convenience. Its perfectly legal for them to cash em all right away.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Sometimes I wonder if we should just let the Yakuza take over homeland security.

The reason gun violence in Japan is so low is because Japanese organized crime syndicates are infinitely more effective at policing their turf than the actual police.

Japan also has the highest incidence of "umbrella rage" in the world. Not so great afterall, huh?

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

This sounds like my friends rental agency. Their boiler recently packed up. Fortunately, the landlord has a maintenance agreement with emergency callout. The first question they ask is "When was the boiler last serviced? It's a condition of the agreement that the boiler is serviced every 12 months."

They don't know, so they call the agency:
    "When was the boiler last serviced?"
    "1996."

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

EDIT: this has no real bearing on anything, I just sometimes find it interesting that where I live holds the unenviable distinction of "Place in Western Europe where you are most likely to be murdered".

I'm more likely to be hit by a drunk-driver or tazed to death by the local PD than to be murdered with a gun, living where I live.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm more likely to be hit by a drunk-driver or tazed to death by the local PD than to be murdered with a gun, living where I live.
    I'm more likely to be pecked to death by geese than murdered with a gun, where I live.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008

Japan also has the highest incidence of "umbrella rage" in the world. Not so great afterall, huh?

:lol:

I did get run over a couple of times by old ladies gunning for a seat on the train. I think one of them considered trying to shank me.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited April 2008

This sounds like my friends rental agency. Their boiler recently packed up. Fortunately, the landlord has a maintenance agreement with emergency callout. The first question they ask is "When was the boiler last serviced? It's a condition of the agreement that the boiler is serviced every 12 months."

"1996."

I know that it's par for the course that real estate agencies are festering sinkholes of utter incompetence, but mine exceeds all expectations in that regard.

I'm happy to know that your friend has an equally sucky realtor, because misery loves company.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

I'm just checking, but you are aware that I don't live in Japan, yes? We don't have Yakuza here, although there are a few ethnic gangs (Sikhs, Triads, Romanians, Poles).

japan on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    man, tonight is going to be boring as hell.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm more likely to be pecked to death by geese than murdered with a gun, where I live.

I live in Maine, so for me it's either "hunting accident" or "freeze to death on the two-holer."

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate paying rent.

NOR THE INTREST.

This not a bad idea.

And, some bank tellers don't check dates on cheques as closely as they should...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

That honestly sounds much more horrible than any other alternatives so far.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited April 2008

"1996."

I know that it's par for the course that real estate agencies are festering sinkholes of utter incompetence, but mine exceeds all expectations in that regard.

I'm happy to know that your friend has an equally sucky realtor, because misery loves company.

They also don't have any power going to the lighting circuit, so are currently finding their way around at night with candles.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I keep reading "The Open Sores Boob Project" and thinking "SLUTS THE LOT OF THEM".

Wait, not that last part.

Apothe0sis on
This discussion has been closed.