Options

[Phalla] Phallastar Phallactica - Game Over: Colonial Fleet Wins!

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    he insinuating that they share a bond through the nights where hardly anyone died, and so the host came up with ways to make the game end quicker.

I don't think that's the case, here, as there's some fairly different mechanics in play.

Anyway I'm going to bed to get my 3 or 4 hours of sleep 'till calculus class. Remember that today doesn't end 'till Sunday, so I'll probably hear from RU or hear his counter-claim to start a bandwagon on me or some such. 'Till then, keep on truckin'

Obbi on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good evening. I hope that the !vote for Romantic Undead proves to be a fruitful one for us. I am eagerly waiting for more battle information to plan the rest of the day out...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damn, I thought I was cool.

Thanks for kicking my dick into the dirt thorgot. Well It was a cool 10 mins or so.

And Kin - In the Transformer phalla allot of people trusted some one that came out as a Decepticon day 1 who was really was an Autobot. But still it was a Decepticon win at the end with me winning twice. :D

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    !Romantic Undead

Oh hey its a bandwagon.

Lets hope this one if one of those good bandwagons

Gumpy on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, the Transformers Phalla...

Those were the good 'ole days.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    B:L wrote: »
    Man, the Transformers Phalla...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVVx1kks_3M
    Those were the good 'ole days.[/url]

That was one hell of a game. I remeber Spectre telling me I was stupid in PMs - and I was but it was funny.8-)

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wanted you to die so bad.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I totally understand why too, but I never did. That shocked the hell out of me.

And where is Infidel? He was an awesome Megatron but I haven't seen him around.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Kin33 wrote: »
    Somebody should totally seer or kill me tonight. Being a kinda confirmed innocent that isn't invited into the network sucks.

cheese.jpg

EDIT: Romantic Undead are you a cylon or are you a good special?

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The mrpaku thing was wrong

but

apparently there's real actual information behind this one so

!Romantic Undead

Seriously on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    !RomanticUndead has apparently got some 'splainin' to do.

El Skid on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good morning, my information-starved Phallians. Sorry about leaving without posting everything last night; it wasn't a very good day for me all in all.

I ended up sleeping 12 hours straight, but now I'm here. Just making breakfast and then I'll get down to business. Everything you need to know will be posted shortly.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    He's going to post who the cylons are!

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Seriously wrote: »

Oh man, wrong forum. I meant I'm going to post everything they need to know. :twisted:

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Seriously wrote: »

Well that will make things a lot easier.

Osvik on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    noooo

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'll start with a clarification:

Since this is a fleet battle day, Colonial One is docked to the Phallactica.

As has been stated, the President is considered to be aboard the Phallactica when Colonial One is docked. This does apply to all other players aboard the Colonial One as well; they didn't get ejected into space or anything. For all ability targeting purposes, collateral damage etc, the Phallactica and Colonial One are effectively the same ship today.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Clarification: voting takes place after the fleet battle. If a leading vote-getter dies in battle, the runners-up will be considered.

edit: and by voting I mean tallying of the votes

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    :cry:!Romantic Undead

Egos on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    Alright, thanks Bliss.

Now to devise tactics.

I'm on break from my class right now, when I get home I'm probably gonna pass out for ~4 hours as a bit of a long nap, then come back for this.

This class ends me a little more each day.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Ares of KobolAres of Kobol Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fleet Battle Rules

Maximum Hit Points of ships:

Phallactica: 500
    Pegasus: 600
    Adriatic: 150
    Industrial and Research Ships: 100
    Government/Civilian Ships: 75
    Cylon Basestars: 300

(Note that each Engineer aboard raises hull hit points by 10%)

Damage output:

Phallactica: 75
    Pegasus: 100
    Adriatic: 50
    Cylon Basestars: 50

Real battles are hectic and unpredictable. The attack strength of all ships, and the effective number of fighters on the defensive and offensive fronts, are modified randomly by +/- 10% each round.

_____

Outline of a battle:

Sources of damage during each combat round:

Round 1: Fighters
    Round 2a: Fighters
    Round 2b: Attacking Capital Ships vs. other Attacking Caps.*
    Round 3a: Fighters
    Round 3b: All Capital Ships. All non-military ships always jump to safety after this round.

*If the Cylon are attacking non-military ships, the Colonial ships will effectively be able to launch a free salvo at this point. If the Cylon have targeted an attacking military ship, both sides can hit each other now.

The battle lasts 3 rounds by default. Military ships can jump away after 2 rounds if ordered to do so (see below). One or more Colonial Military ships can also be ordered to stay behind and continue fighting the Basestars, if desired.

If one or more military ships have been ordered to stay and fight the Basestars after the rest of the fleet has escaped, all further rounds will be split into a Fighter phase (a) and a Capital Ship phase (b), just like round 3. Cylon Basestars will always flee two rounds after one of them has been destroyed (so if you destroy one on round 2 and stay in combat, they will flee at the end of round 4). The absolute maximum a battle will last is 6 rounds, after which Colonial ships will always return to their fleet.

If either side runs out of targets (all named targets destroyed), the rest of their damage will be divided evenly across the enemy fleet.
    _____

Options available:

Fighters:
    • Assign offense/defense ratio. A minimum of 50% of Colonial fighters will always defend. A minimum of 25% of Cylon fighters will always defend. Up to 100% of fighters can be assigned to defend. :P
    • Defending fighters will intercept any incoming fighter attacks regardless of target (see below for mechanics).
    • Attacking fighters must be assigned 3 targets. You must specify whether they will spread their damage evenly among them, or attack them in order (ie. destroy one, move on to the next).

Capital Ships:
    • Attack <target(s)>: Up to 3 targets can be given and you must specify whether you want to attack them in order or spread damage evenly among them. Attacking capital ships are in each other's gun/missile range on round 2.
    • Defend: The capital ship will try to intercept incoming capital ship attacks. 10% of all incoming capital ship damage will be redirected to the defending capital ship (for a 30% total mitigation if all three military ships defend). Defending ships are in attacking capital ships' gun range on round 3. Defending capital ships will divide their damage output evenly among all attacking caps.

_____

Fighter Combat:
    • Each fighter can do 1 point of damage each round.
    • Every defending fighter neutralizes one attacking fighter. Think of the defending fighters as "armor" and attacking fighters as "damage": any damage that exceeds the total value of the armor goes through to the intended target.
    • Example: 150 Cylon fighters attack the Phallactica, who is defended by 100 Colonial fighters. Every round, 50 points of damage is applied to the Phallactica.

Capital Ship Combat:
    • The damage of the Capital Ship salvo is reduced according to the damage taken by each capital ship. So if a Cylon Basestar is at 75% of hull strength on round 3, it will do 75% of its listed damage. Damage from Colonial ships is applied first and Cylon damage is based on their hull strength after the Colonial salvo.

_____

Casualties Of War:
    Rules governing players getting killed in fleet battle.

Deaths aboard Colonial ships:
    Each player aboard a ship that takes damage has a chance to die of collateral damage.
    This chance is proportional to the damage taken by the ship compared to its hull strength in the beginning of the battle. Thus, staying aboard already damaged ships can be dangerous.
    Example: A ship's hull strength is reduced by 25%. Every player aboard has a 25% chance of getting killed.
    Each Medic aboard a ship prevents one death from collateral damage (but cannot prevent his own death).
    Medics can't help if the entire ship is destroyed.

Viper Pilot deaths:
    After combat, fighter losses are tallied as follows:
    On the Defending front, a base 10% of fighters are destroyed. This is adjusted in proportion to the relative strengths of the combatants: if there are 2 defenders to 1 attacker, only 5% of defenders are lost.
    On the Attacking front, we do the same calculation.
    Now that we have the number of lost fighters, we just divide that by the total number of fighters in the fleet. This is the chance of any given Viper Pilot player getting killed in the battle.
    Medics do not protect Viper Pilots.

Example:
    200 Colonial fighters, 100 of which attack, 100 defend.
    250 Cylon fighters, 200 attack, 50 defend.
    On the defending front, 10% * 2 = 20% of Colonial fighters (20) are lost.
    On the attacking front, 10% * 0.5 = 5% of Colonial fighters (5) are lost.
    In total, 25 / 200 = 12.5% of Colonial fighters were lost. Each Viper Pilot has a 12.5% chance of finding himself dead in the narration.

I'll post two example battles shortly to give you an idea of how things can play out.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Examples detailing battles in two extreme cases (everyone defends / everyone attacks).

The examples below assume a full strength fleet with every Ace Pilot alive. They also assume that all combat strengths occur exactly as listed without any random variation. The Cylon have a total of 350 fighters, the Colonials have 250.

Example 1: Everyone in the Colonial Fleet defends:- 100% of Vipers defend
    - All military ships help mitigate damage
    - The Cylon are attacking a non-military ship

Fighter defense: 250
    Cylon fighter offense: 262

Damage done by the Cylon:

Round 1: 12
    Round 2: 12
    Round 3: 12
    For a total of 36 points of fighter damage coming through to its intended target.
    Round 3b: Phallactica, Pegasus and Adriatic fire at the Basestars causing 56 damage to each (defensive fire is spread among targets). The basestars are now at 81% health which affects their final salvo damage.

Final salvo:

Basestar 1: 50 * 0.81 = 41
    Basestar 2: 50 * 0.81 = 41
    Basestar 3: 50 * 0.81 = 41
    Basestar 4: 50 * 0.81 = 41

For a total of 116 damage to intended targets, 16 damage to the Phallactica, 16 damage to the Pegasus and 16 damage to the Adriatic (since each defender absorbs 10% of incoming damage).

Add that to the damage from the fighters and the Cylon have inflicted 136 damage on their intended target(s).

_____

Example 2: Everyone in the Colonial Fleet attacks. The Cylon are attacking non-military ships.
    - 50% of Vipers defend
    - All military ships attack the Basestars.

Viper defense: 125
    Viper offense: 125
    Cylon Raider offense: 262
    Cylon Raider defense: 88

Damage done:

Round 1: Raiders do (262-125=137), Vipers do (125-88=37) (to basestar 1)
    Round 2: Raiders do 137, Vipers do 37 (to basestar 1)
    Round 2b: Phallactica, Pegasus and Adriatic hit Basestar 1 for a total of 225 damage (total so far: 299).
    Round 3: Raiders do 137, Vipers do 1 (to basestar 1) and then 36 to Basestar 2; basestar 1 is destroyed).
    Round 3b: Phallactica, Pegasus and Adriatic hit Basestar 1 for a total of 225 damage (total so far: 261)

Final Cylon salvo:
    Basestar 1: 50 * 0.00 = 0
    Basestar 2: 50 * 0.13 = 7
    Basestar 3: 50
    Basestar 4: 50
    For a total of 107 damage.

In total (fighters + basestars), the Cylon fleet caused 518 damage to the Colonial Fleet, enough to destroy a bunch of ships. Note that if they caused more than enough damage to destroy their primary targets, the rest of the damage is spread evenly across the fleet. If the military ships stay in combat for one more round, they could destroy another Basestar.

(Note that if one of the military ships had been the Cylons' primary target, they could have started firing on that ship on round 2.)

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh god, so much to read.

Edit: Maths are lame.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    New game mechanic: Ace Pilots

There are a number of Ace Pilot players in the Colonial Fleet. Each of them counts as 10 Fighters, with possible additional options available to them. They can choose to follow the Admiral's recommendations, but in the end they are autonomous and can choose to do whatever they want in a battle.

Options available to each Ace Pilot: Attack <target> (see fighter combat options above), Defend (add yourself to the defensive strength of the Colonial fighters). PM your orders to me.

There are 4 surviving Ace Pilots: Aeon, Gambit, Hector and Tanto.

The total number of Vipers in the Colonial Fleet is 200 (+ 40 for 4 Ace Pilots)

The total number of Raiders in the attacking Cylon fleet is 350.
    (edit: not 300)

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Rewards for destroying a Cylon Basestar (cumulative if more than one are destroyed):
    • Threat Level is reduced by 2 (it can become negative)
    • One Viper Pilot is promoted to Ace Pilot
    • Capital Ship weapons become 10% more effective against Cylon
    • One time bonus for destroying your first Basestar:
    • Defending Capital Ships can mitigate an additional 5% of incoming damage (each)

NOTE THAT DEFENDING CAPS CAN NOT MITIGATE INCOMING FIGHTER DAMAGE

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Good lord.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Hold me, Mister D.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I'm scared of math!

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm scared of math!

Hey, hey.

Did Mr. B order you onto my ship? I am paranoid of new people.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Corrected the number of Cylon Raiders. It's 350, not 300.

Now I'm off to that dinner party. I tried my best to make it "simple" but I expect to see a bunch of clarification requests when I get back.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I'm scared of math!

Hey, hey.

Did Mr. B order you onto my ship? I am paranoid of new people.

You're on the Virgon Express? That's the ship I went to, ship 4.

Edit: Oh shit, I hate numbers, they're always treacherous!

I went to industrial ship 4 thinking it was the virgon express, but math sucks.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Clarification: the Admiral will send his orders in private, but his orders will be made public after the battle.

Ares of Kobol on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    You are totally a Cylon, Myeye.

Murder Gumpy or Varcayn.

I'm too young to die!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Your silence tells me everything.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh my Lord that is a lot of math.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    If I could murder people, Grundleterror would be dead day 1.

That's truth!

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wait a second TehSpectre

Your ship?

Is this a mutiny?

Traitorous bilge rat!

Gumpy on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Hold me, Mister D.

Hey TS, i'm glad I didn't get admiral cause holy shit.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Keep awaaaaaay!

I have divided the ship in half with this scotch tape.

That is your half, which you can share with the others.

This is my half.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg