As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphic Novel V. Comic Book

2»

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Perhaps you have a point there....that'll make work more interesting tomorrow.

What the fuck is going on in your horribly mangled abortion of a sig

Dude with a hatchet is trying to hitchhike on a freeway.

ZombieAsumasig.jpg

Last Son on
  • Options
    ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Perhaps you have a point there....that'll make work more interesting tomorrow.

What the fuck is going on in your horribly mangled abortion of a sig

Well someone else already explained it for me. Yeah I'll admit I didn't put much effort into it. I was tired of my old sig so I just re-sized an image on my comp using IRFanViewer.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Basically the problem with it is that you're full of shit. Will Eisner originally coined the term for his book 'A Contract With God'. Your entire argument rests upon the fact that it was coined by some marketroid, and not one of the seminal comics creators, and is thus bad or undesirable.

Exactly, the term actually did start within the industry to describe something separate from the long-form serial comic books which were coming out at the time. Which is where the distinction is. Graphic Novels are self-contained stories with beginnings and ends, comic books are long running not-always self-contained stories. All Graphic Novels are comics, but not all comics are graphic novels.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think it is mostly a pointless debate.

DouglasDanger on