As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Crows

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Will they be in any part of game? Any episode, any level, any huge, epic boss battle? I think they're pretty much a must at this point.

wY6K6Jb.gif
Indie Winter on

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Lol Av and sig. lol I like how the dude didn't even have to turn around to know what was killin' 'him. Deep Crows are a problem that people just don't want to face these days. It's a pity there's one less expert in the world.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    treyh37treyh37 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    expert nothing for him to be taken out like that, any smart person knows to watch your back when you find evil looking writing

treyh37 on
    later
    trey
  • Options
    dantebkdantebk Registered User new member
    edited March 2008
    Do Deep Crows speak Deeptongue?

Anyway, you can't have Deep Crows in the game because they are absolutely unstoppable. That would not be fair.

dantebk on
    GameStache!!
    Gaming's not only a hobby... It's a part of my face
  • Options
    BloodywednesdayBloodywednesday regular
    edited March 2008
    How many legs do Deep Crows have?

Bloodywednesday on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2008
    I actually asked Khoo this personally this weekend, and he paused for a bit and said "...Not in this episode."

So, take that for whatever you will.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    The specter of deep crow can be just as bad as deep crows themselves.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Beren39Beren39 Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Yes, I too love the fact that a seemingly hickish pest removal serviceman was an expert on creatures that were born from some hellish primordial void, sealed beneath the earth for eons like Balrogs. For someone so acquainted with their terrible power, his mind turned to payment pretty quickly, so maybe he wasn't the sharpest tool in the pile. Deepcrows genuinely creep me out though, just like all Lovecraftian inspired creations that find their way into Penny Arcade. Being the God-fearing Christian that I am, it truly chills the blood.

Beren39 on
    Go, Go, EXCALIBUR! - Trent Varsity Swim Team 2009, better watch out for me Phelps!
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ArtArt Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This week on 'Looking Too Far Into Things'...Art's Deep Crow hypothesis.
    Via psionics or an instinctive aura, the Deep Crow gives it's victims a vision of their impending doom instants after it is too late to escape.

EDIT: I'm not a god-fearing Christian, but this thread made me a Crow-fearing atheist.

Art on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Lol Av and sig.

and title as well

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Art wrote: »
    Via psionics or an instinctive aura, the Deep Crow gives it's victims a vision of their impending doom instants after it is too late to escape.

I now live forever in fear. x.x

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I actually asked Khoo this personally this weekend, and he paused for a bit and said "...Not in this episode."

So, take that for whatever you will.

Yeah, probably best to hold something like that back for now. Done correctly, it might be possible to get an entire episode out of a Deep Crow theme, assuming they throw in the appropriate cultists and roadkill.

jothki on
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I wonder if Deep Crows hunt in packs or are they solitary creatures?
    What would the boss crow be like? A hive mind? A queen deep crow?

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    canemaquiluscanemaquilus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sakebomb wrote: »

Packs? Have you seen how fucking big they are man?

I would imagine a deep crow would be strained for find a cavern cavernous enough to hold a single deep crow.

canemaquilus on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I would imagine a deep crow would be strained for find a cavern cavernous enough to hold a single deep crow.

Realtor: As you can see, this cavern has a subterrainian lake lit with bioluminescent fungi, an active volcanic vent for waste disposal, cheap heating and demon spawning, & convinent access to Cthulhian cities in the unfathomable depths.

Deep Crow: Hmmm. This cavern, I'm afraid it's not quite...cavernous enough.

Realtor: Oh shi-

Deep Crow: *eats*

Art on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MoocatMoocat Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I've got two questions,

One, since Deep Crows are so FUCKING HUGE, how do they have sex without creating cracks in the earth?

Two, it would be fucking AWESOME if Deep Crows were a monster that automatically killed you in a mini-game if you dug too deeply in whatever game it was. Maybe you mine, and if you continue to mine (say akin to macro minining in EVE Online) for too long a period for a HUMAN to mine, a Deep Crow appears. Perhaps it even sings to you before devouring your soul. That would be a great little easter egg for the game. Or maybe avoiding their caverns while mining could be part of the game. I imagine PA can make anything feel worthwhile.

Moocat on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Moocat wrote: »
    Since Deep Crows are so FUCKING HUGE, how do they have sex without creating cracks in the earth?

How exactly do you think we got the grand canyon?
    Ye gods, what are they teaching the kids in school these days...*grumble*

Art on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xoplxopl Registered User new member
    edited April 2008
    I wish (though I suppose I'm one of like 2 other people who want this) they'd publish a regular comic that reads like a RPG/D&D but with a hint of PA ridiculousness. Basically, take the Deep Crow humor and carry that out into a regular story line with some dysfunctional heroes. I'd eat it up.

That don't fuck with cthulhu sig is hilarious.

xopl on
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Oh snap!! Read todays comic? I'll bet you feel like a douche bag now! HAHA!!

EDIT:
    Actually now I feel like a douche bag for claiming victory on a month old topic......on the interwebs.
    *cries*
    Im so lonely........

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Oh snap!! Read todays comic? I'll bet you feel like a douche bag now! HAHA!!

EDIT:
    Actually now I feel like a douche bag for claiming victory on a month old topic......on the interwebs.
    *cries*
    Im so lonely........

am i the only one who saw the latest comic and immediately wanted a stand alone game featuring the pest control guy fighting/escaping the deep crows? surely a classic action/platformer would be the perfect template for it. maybe something to think about for when Rainslick is done(or maybe even as a smaller, side project)?

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    He would only need 2 attacks, "Mystify," which he is demonstrating today, and perhaps whatever he does on Wednesday.

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • Options
    Dr_ZaiusDr_Zaius Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Just what IS his name....as far as I can make out it's "Cutel". Somehow I think I'm off on that one.

Dr_Zaius on
    gamertag: Zaius3000

(it's Zay-us not Z-eye-us)
  • Options
    HitScanHitScan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dr_Zaius wrote: »
    Just what IS his name....as far as I can make out it's "Cutel". Somehow I think I'm off on that one.
    Could be Carl, I suppose. The first comic defiantly looks like it has an "l" at the end, and today's looks like "Ca..."

Depending on the next comic, it may not really matter what his name was, heh.

HitScan on
    Unstable like the isotope that resolves the fate of the theoretical cat in the hypothetical crate.
    Yo momma so fat she got triabetes
  • Options
    mimizumimizu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    it is carl! the revealing has come.

mimizu on