As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] which healing class should I play?

TheBigDaddyD0WDTheBigDaddyD0WD Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Ok well me and some friends are getting back into WOW and I want to be the healer for the group. It's been a while since we have played and things might have changed so I just wanted to know what the best healing class would be. I know druids, pallys, priests and shammys can all heal for a group but which one is best for doing the late content and maybe some arena.

TheBigDaddyDowd.png
TheBigDaddyD0WD on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I hear pali's end up having the best heals, but don't quote me on that. Has something to do with mana efficiency.

Henroid on
  • Options
    CidonaBoyCidonaBoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I plan to level a shaman to 70 as my healing alt, chain heal is awesome.

For PVP, they are not so awesome, but should still be decent.

CidonaBoy on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The one that you like the look of most

Unless you are a number cruncher. But then you have no soul, so you wouldnt be here asking. You would be calculating.

gazamc on
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    gazamc wrote: »
    The one that you like the look of most

Unless you are a number cruncher. But then you have no soul, so you wouldnt be here asking. You would be calculating.
    Haven't touched WoW for a few months now but back when I was playing it seemed blizz had managed to balence healing classes to a point that they all had something to bring to a raid. So going with what you enjoy playing the most is the way to go.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Druids.

1. Max stack lifebloom.
    2. Take a shot of Jack Daniels.
    3. Reapply lifebloom every 5 or so seconds to keep it fresh.
    4. Go back to step 2.

Seriously. Druid healing is easy, but it's still fun in PvP. In PvE, it's really a joke if you have a well geared tank. If not, then you might have to bust out a NS Healing Touch or a Rejuvination Swiftmend. Ez mode healin'.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    All healer's are great end game, so, it comes down to what you prefer. I can speak on Priests and Shamans as I've leveled them both up.

Priests are pretty much OP in five-mans, it's insane. Between Down-ranking Greater Heal, Shadow Fiend, and Meditation, you won't have mana problems. They're great to have in Raids.

PVP: Manaburn, reflective Shields, pain surpression. Yeah, awesome.

Shamans aren't quite as great in 5 mans until you gear up, but Chain Heal is lovely in raids. Possibly one of the most interesting Healers to play as, considering you'll be spending a lot of time focusing on Proximity of players, etc.

PVP: Instant-cast ghost wolf. Hothothot. However, it's harder than Druid, you have less "oh shit" buttons than Priests do. Windfury helps, finding a strong warrior partner is crucial.

What I know about Druids. What we all know about Druids: Easymode PVP. Running and Drinking is near broken, if you want the "best" PVP healer, Druid is your ticket..

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
This discussion has been closed.