As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brokecracker's crumbles (NSF56k)

brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey Guys! I got some robot paintings... most of these are sold but I plan on doing more of a similar style, any crits or comments?
Flop.jpg

Flip.jpg

BHRAahhaAAaA.jpg

Ding.jpg

Drip.jpg

Plop.jpg

Squish.jpg

brokecracker on

• Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Reminds me of a scene from Edward Scissorhands :)

Nice colours. I l really like the elephant and the second last one

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ding.jpg

This one made me laugh!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    jmpspinjmpspin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I now want breakfast

jmpspin on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for the coments! I am trying out this style for more types of paintings, but people seem to really like the robots...

future paintings include a sunflower (in a paper mario style), an octopus and squid, a man with a burning beard and a Miller-equse homage to Yiddish Policeman's Union. I'll post some progress pics as I go...

Any advice, should I change the backgrounds or keep them plain? Should I do more detail or keep it fairly simple?

brokecracker on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Any advice, should I change the backgrounds or keep them plain? Should I do more detail or keep it fairly simple?

You could try changing the backgrounds and adding detail. Who knows what kind of cool effects you may get. I like them the way they are. Lookin forward to seein' more!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    These are incredibly silly.........I like it!

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hey guys, I'm in the middle of my next round of paintings and I figured I'd show progress on this thread:
    Here are some doodles in from my sketch book that will wind up being paintings

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I will post some pics with progress soon. Any Ideas or sugestions are welcome!

brokecracker on