As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game On: Final Fantasy XI

1242526272830»

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I haven;t replaced a whistle yet, but I think doing so will cost 500 gil. Can anyone confirm this?

Its 50K gil to replace.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zilla84 wrote:
    That is a fun mission, but I have never been able to find an Astral Flow attack that does shit for damage against the dragon.

Have you tried since the Summoner changes?
    No, did they beef up Astral Flow too along with the already awesome blood pact split?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Zilla84 wrote:
    No, did they beef up Astral Flow too along with the already awesome blood pact split?

I have no idea.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The summoner had Shiva, and somehow managed to use Astral Flow twice in one fight. Don't know how he managed that, but Astral Flow did about 300 damage each time.

Javen on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Javen wrote:
    The summoner had Shiva, and somehow managed to use Astral Flow twice in one fight. Don't know how he managed that, but Astral Flow did about 300 damage each time.

The only way I can think of to do that is to have a Corsair in the party.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I like how I turned my party invite on last night, and had three offers in the span of five minutes.

Or maybe it was two.

I had to tell them to piss off, though, as I decided to log out and watch a movie with the fiancee instead, seeing as how I was so tired from work.

Being a WHM and BRD still totally rocks.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Javen wrote:

The only way I can think of to do that is to have a Corsair in the party.

We didn't. We had two Warrior/Monks, and the summoner was sub WHM.

He had to heal MP between uses though.

Javen on
  • Options
    ShiosaiShiosai Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Really? I remember you getting sick of it pretty quick.

Still, it was like the coveted class in any group. Get yourself one of those, a RDM, and BLM, (fuck WHM at this point) and you had an awesome group.

Shiosai on
    60353019xm5.jpg
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    2 NIN, a BRD, and a RDM, and you are invincible.

if you swap another BRD for the RDM and add a COR, boy howdy holy fuck.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shiosai wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

Still, it was like the coveted class in any group. Get yourself one of those, a RDM, and BLM, (fuck WHM at this point) and you had an awesome group.

I don't remember ever getting sick of them, especially bard. I'm almost always the main healer in an MMO. I got sick of being a Paladin and Warrior pretty quickly, though.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Sneak! wrote:
    Shiosai wrote:
    The Sneak! wrote:

I don't remember ever getting sick of them, especially bard. I'm almost always the main healer in an MMO. I got sick of being a Paladin and Warrior pretty quickly, though.

When it comes down to it healers are just about as fun to play as any job in the game in a party setting. People tend to get caught up in the epeen measuring with melee jobs and forget your job is just as monotonous. As monk if there's no SATA or multiple skillchains going on I can hit a couple macros every few minutes, fire off a WS then browse the forums the rest of the time.

I had tons of fun as bard running around buffing, debuffing and meleeing when I felt like it. I really only got sick of people constantly demanding shit. :(

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Anyone have experience doing http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Pulling_the_Strings ??
    I'm going to try it out tonight, perhaps... either as THF or RNG.

I'm also very interested in trying out http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Uninvited_Guests but since you can have 2 for only one mammet, I need a friend to go with me.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Anyone have any methods that make getting the skull for the subjob wuestany easier, its driving me nuts.

Casper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Casper wrote:
    Anyone have any methods that make getting the skull for the subjob wuestany easier, its driving me nuts.

Your best bet is to just go to Gusgen Mines and ask for help, or get help from someone in your linkshell.

Javen on
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Xhero on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Meh, still left out shit everyone wants to know, like "Can we use Windower."

It doesn't give any advantage other than letting me alt-tab on my damn computer.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    There's something in there about reverse-engineering, analyzing game data, yadda yadda. I think that's as close as they're going to get to saying No.

Also,
    What kinds of items can I have reimbursed?

Answer

Items reported lost within one week and which meet one or more of the following conditions can be reimbursed.
    *) Items mistakenly destroyed
    *) Items mistakenly thrown
    *) Items mistakenly eaten

:shock:

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I find that pretty funny, since a week ago when I was having lots of problems of being disconnected from POL for no reason (Random "Loss of fullscreen bullshit") or POL actually crashing, I called a GM.

Happened RIGHT after Besieged ended... I should've gotten 1k IS/XP... Got nothing. GM says their policy is no item or XP reimbursements, ever. No way, no how.

I think GM policy is "Pull it out of your asshole." For any game, really. They just seem better about not caring about things in FFXI.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well, they ARE SOE GM's.

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    neville wrote:
    I find that pretty funny, since a week ago when I was having lots of problems of being disconnected from POL for no reason (Random "Loss of fullscreen bullshit") or POL actually crashing, I called a GM.

Happened RIGHT after Besieged ended... I should've gotten 1k IS/XP... Got nothing. GM says their policy is no item or XP reimbursements, ever. No way, no how.

I think GM policy is "Pull it out of your asshole." For any game, really. They just seem better about not caring about things in FFXI.

Are you using a windower? If so then they really don't owe you anything..whenever they change stuff I usually get a bunch of crashes and resort to using the lite windower till they get the kinks worked out. That's just a risk you take for using a 3rd party program.

And it never was their policy in the past to reimburse ANYTHING. Ask anyone who lost their DM earring or had a bunch of shit stolen. These new rules are in response to tons of people jumping ship. All the job and MPK adjustments should have been made years ago, but now that they're losing a shitload of money they've decided to get their act together and actually listen to the players.

Alot of GMs are full of shit, but some actually did care and were unable to do anything because of the rules imposed on them..hopefully this will make some difference but we'll see.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dangerous wrote:
    There's something in there about reverse-engineering, analyzing game data, yadda yadda. I think that's as close as they're going to get to saying No.

Also,
    What kinds of items can I have reimbursed?

Answer

Items reported lost within one week and which meet one or more of the following conditions can be reimbursed.
    *) Items mistakenly destroyed
    *) Items mistakenly thrown
    *) Items mistakenly eaten

:shock:
    Damn. I accidently ate my lucky egg, but it was months ago. I really liked that thing too, and it would eventually be used for an opo-opo crown.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dangerous wrote:
    neville wrote:

Are you using a windower? If so then they really don't owe you anything..whenever they change stuff I usually get a bunch of crashes and resort to using the lite windower till they get the kinks worked out. That's just a risk you take for using a 3rd party program.

And it never was their policy in the past to reimburse ANYTHING. Ask anyone who lost their DM earring or had a bunch of shit stolen. These new rules are in response to tons of people jumping ship. All the job and MPK adjustments should have been made years ago, but now that they're losing a shitload of money they've decided to get their act together and actually listen to the players.

Alot of GMs are full of shit, but some actually did care and were unable to do anything because of the rules imposed on them..hopefully this will make some difference but we'll see.

No, it was just POL crashing/DCing, which was so frustrating.
    Their game malfunctioning -> GM call = "We won't do anything for you."

Its sad when people have to make programs like Windower, simply because of poor design decisions.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    1137_1.jpg

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Xhero wrote:
    1137_1.jpg

Squ-enix has some awesome artists.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ku1.pngku2.pngku3.pngku4.pngku5.png

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Xhero wrote:
    ku1.pngku2.pngku3.pngku4.pngku5.png

o_O

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Xhero wrote:
    JP ONRY

o_O

Fix'd?

Also, I hope the DL isn't too long. I plan to level ninja tonight. I finally dinged 75 on Friday and want to get the last subjob I care about caught up so I can get more hardcore meriting in. (2 so far, wewt)

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Is there any way to deal with the spawn farmers out there. There is an item I want to attain and it is to expensive to buy so I try to kill the NM. But everytime I go to the are there is this guy camping it and he always gets it. His name phonetically sounds like farmer even. He has 6 of the item in his bazaar also. Any ideas?

Casper on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Casper wrote:
    Is there any way to deal with the spawn farmers out there. There is an item I want to attain and it is to expensive to buy so I try to kill the NM. But everytime I go to the are there is this guy camping it and he always gets it. His name phonetically sounds like farmer even. He has 6 of the item in his bazaar also. Any ideas?
    realise that you picked a game that rewards farmers, specifically japanese farmers due to the server location related to spawn lag

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Casper wrote:

best thing is to come as a job (perhaps as a sub) that can claim quickly.

Provoke, Shadowbind, Dia are all fast casting.
    Or bring a friend.

Sadly, not much else you can really do, since its not illegal to camp.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Casper wrote:
    realise that you picked a game that rewards farmers, specifically japanese farmers due to the server location related to spawn lag

Supposedly they fixed it, now it doesn't matter who sees the pop first, you can't use abilities to claim it for a few seconds after it pops.

I'd bet my ass the guy is a gil seller, and if so the odds are also really good that he's using a bot or a hack. There's little you can do about that except report him to GMs enough times that hopefully they may decide to get off their asses and check it out.

If it turns out he's just really good at claiming it then all you can do is try to improve your odds. Which NM is it specifically? I can probably give you a few tips as I've camped just about everything you can think of.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Casper wrote:

the servers are in hawaii

Xhero on
  • Options
    OldSundownOldSundown Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Xhero wrote:
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Casper wrote:

Which is close to Japan!

I mean, it's islands. In the Pacific ocean. How more Japany can you get?

OldSundown on
    Switch Friend Code: SW 4430 4850 6236
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    OldSundown wrote:
    Xhero wrote:
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Casper wrote:

Which is close to Japan!

If the servers were located on Japan? :P

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    OldSundownOldSundown Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    neville wrote:
    OldSundown wrote:
    Xhero wrote:
    PipTheFair wrote:
    Casper wrote:

Which is close to Japan!

If the servers were located on Japan? :P

That's just going overboard.

Just like people did in Pearl Harbor.

BA-ZING!

OldSundown on
    Switch Friend Code: SW 4430 4850 6236