As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NDS Accesories

2»

• Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I second the Hori protectors. Very cheap, and they work beautifully. You can be totally confident about EBA's spinners or taking on Trauma Center's final boss and leaving your screen pristine.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Or at least like... 10. And then I just buy 2. Instead of like 7 of those.

=/

Oh also someone here told me to get InvisibleShield for my DS. It's nuts. It covers the whole thing. Kind of weird. Works well though. At first it made the screen seem a bit sticky and not as smooth but it worked out in the end. Lifetime warranty is nice. But you're fine with the other kind of screen protectors which is what I have on fatso.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Boilerbird wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    Boilerbird wrote:
    So does anyone know of a good DS game wallet/binder/folder/whatever? Carrying around altoids cases gets a little annoying.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7695078&st=ds&lp=6&type=product&cp=1&id=1138084373410

I was talking more in terms of 20 games, not 3.

Hm. I'd like a case that would hold something on the order of 16 games.

I've seen one before, not sure where though. It was a clamshell design, holding 8 on the top and 8 on the bottom.

I might just get these 3-game-case things, and just get a bunch of them.

I still need a nice-sized camera bag for my ds though.

slash000 on
  • Options
    RavenlockRavenlock Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    slash000 wrote:

I've seen one before, not sure where though. It was a clamshell design, holding 8 on the top and 8 on the bottom.

In terms of bags, I never get tired of recommending the NDS15. It's still the best bag I've found.

NDS15_2.jpgNDS15_1.jpg

Front flap flips down to reveal sleeves for nine DS games, and the top pouch (above the side opening where the system sildes in) easily holds the charger, headphones, some more games, etc etc. I actually have a mint tin in there holding 12 more games, bringing my total to 21. It's not small, but it's not huge either - easily tucks into a backpack or messenger bag.

Unfortunately I haven't seen the NDS15 on sale anywhere for a long time, so maybe it didn't sell well. If you can find one, I highly recommend it.

Ravenlock on
    Steam ID: Ravenlock
    XBL / GFWL Gamertag: Ravenlock80
    Wii System Code: 3019 1654 2730 1955
    <Whore> Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast! </Whore>
  • Options
    zero_bitzero_bit Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Someone needs to make a DS game wallet, much like one would make a CD wallet.

Actually... I bet someone has made an SD card wallet or a CF card wallet...

TO GOOGLE!

zero_bit on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Right now I use Compact flash cases for my games, individually, until I get some better camera case type thing and regular DS game cases.

slash000 on
  • Options
    zero_bitzero_bit Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just have so many loose games that I'm afraid I'll lose some. I should probably just keep them in their DS cases but it's a hassle.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow has already been lost :cry:

zero_bit on
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bruin wrote:
    SpazMuffin wrote:
    0087312400058_215X215.jpg
    I picked up the Hori retractable stylus over the weekend for $5. I needed them mainly for spinners in EBA, and I am happy with them. They could be sturdier, when extended they bend a tad, which is kind of annoying. Other than that, they get the jerb done.

I also like the looks of the big Touch pen, but I like having it fit perfectly in the DS.
    Stores in the US sell these? I'd totally buy one for five smackers.
    Well, I've never seen it in an EBStop, but I got mine at Nintendo World. It might be hard to find in a store.

SpazMuffin on
    Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I keep my lite in a GBA case, very similar to this one (though it's not exactly the same, I couldn't find a picture of mine):

gba_case.jpg

It's got a pocket that holds 3 GBA games or 9 DS games or some combination of the two. The DS fits perfectly, as it's about the same size as a GBA.

GBA cases are probably pretty cheap on eBay these days, or at GS or Best Buy if they still carry them. If you don't want to spend a lot on a DS case, look at the GBA ones.

elevature on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    SpazMuffin wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    SpazMuffin wrote:
    0087312400058_215X215.jpg
    I picked up the Hori retractable stylus over the weekend for $5. I needed them mainly for spinners in EBA, and I am happy with them. They could be sturdier, when extended they bend a tad, which is kind of annoying. Other than that, they get the jerb done.

I also like the looks of the big Touch pen, but I like having it fit perfectly in the DS.
    Stores in the US sell these? I'd totally buy one for five smackers.
    Well, I've never seen it in an EBStop, but I got mine at Nintendo World. It might be hard to find in a store.

One of those came in the pre-order bonus for Castlevania: PoR. I love it. Official Hori too!

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    BoilerbirdBoilerbird Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ravenlock wrote:
    slash000 wrote:

In terms of bags, I never get tired of recommending the NDS15. It's still the best bag I've found.

Front flap flips down to reveal sleeves for nine DS games, and the top pouch (above the side opening where the system sildes in) easily holds the charger, headphones, some more games, etc etc. I actually have a mint tin in there holding 12 more games, bringing my total to 21. It's not small, but it's not huge either - easily tucks into a backpack or messenger bag.

Unfortunately I haven't seen the NDS15 on sale anywhere for a long time, so maybe it didn't sell well. If you can find one, I highly recommend it.

Thank you, I got an NDS15 last night (at Shopko, picked up the last one), and it was almost exactly what I was looking for. Right now, mine's holding 15 DS games (9 in the sleeves, 6 in the mesh pocket), 10 GBA games, my charger, and an extra stylus.

Boilerbird on
    "The Lord of Murder shall perish. But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sown from their passage."
    -So sayeth the wise Alaundo

Mario Kart friend code: 227.692.747.075
    Tetris friend code: 742.696.731.030
    Pokemon code: 2921 5590 8486
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 0602-5937-3565
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Damn.
    That's alot.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hmmmm, I just bought a DS lite and since it is the first handheld of anykind for me I'm a bit lost. I feel I really want 2 cases. One should be as small as possible and be just to protect the DS and carry at most a few games. The other should be bigger and have room for chargers, a good selection of games, etc. Any of you folks have some advice for me?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)