Options

hard alcohol without pop?

2»

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    catalyst wrote:
    Off-topic question:

Is a White Russian considered a respectable drink? I know little about mixed drinks but I think I saw one in the Big Lebowski once.
    Not particularly, in general. It's not as bad as, say, a fuzzy navel, but it's no scotch or martini.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'd say so. It's sweet, but it can also be strong, much like The Dude's body odor.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jagermeister. Keep it in the freezer, definately an aquired taste at room temp. Its got a kind of holistic herbal warming burn to it. It's the first thing I grab when seriously getting my drink on. Very versatile, you can pound it in shots, serve it over ice in a short glass, goes well with coke and diet coke (does a good job of getting rid of the aspartame aftertaste). I also like it as cannon fodder, pounding a shot and then heading on to something citrus flavoured, like a hard lemonade or screwdriver. Never gets me sick or gives me a hangover, though I hear others are not so lucky.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sarcastro wrote:
    Jagermeister. Keep it in the freezer, definately an aquired taste at room temp. Its got a kind of holistic herbal warming burn to it. It's the first thing I grab when seriously getting my drink on. Very versatile, you can pound it in shots, serve it over ice in a short glass, goes well with coke and diet coke (does a good job of getting rid of the aspartame aftertaste). I also like it as cannon fodder, pounding a shot and then heading on to something citrus flavoured, like a hard lemonade or screwdriver. Never gets me sick or gives me a hangover, though I hear others are not so lucky.
    Jager may as well be soda in and of itself. It's far too sweet.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Krikee wrote:
    Alternatively use diet pop. It is significantly better for the morning after hangover as there is a lot less sugar.
    The alcohol leaves your stomach quicker and you absorb more of it if you use diet because it isn't real sugar. Can't remember where the hell I read that though. :|
    I am truly embarrassed to say that today I read that in Reader's Digest, who apparently got it from Digestive Disease Week 2006. I meant to read my book, but I couldn't find it, and Reader's Digest was the only thing to read, I swear.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    shookshook Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    i'm thinking of a club soda and lime type of thing, but i have never drank those types of drinks before. i like whiskey, vodka, and rum the best btw.

Third on vodka tonics. I think you've answered your own question. :)

shook on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanatos wrote:
    Sarcastro wrote:
    Jager may as well be soda in and of itself. It's far too sweet.

Not everyone goes for tabasco and moonshine feltched from the ass of Satan.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Don't listen to anyone recommending ice in a good whiskey, be it bourbon or a single malt scotch. Drink it neat or you dull the flavor.

JWFokker on