As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows media connect and my Xbox

MishraMishra Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just got a shiny new 360 and I'm trying to stream some music from my laptop using windows media connect. The xbox is hard wired into the network but my media PC is wireless since it's a laptop. Does anyone knowhow I can set this up? It works fine when I physically plug the laptop into the router, but not when it's wireless.

"Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett
Mishra on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why are you using WMC when WMP11 does it natively? Make sure that your 360 is set up correctly in the sharing options and you should be good to go.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have this same problem. My roommate's laptop connects just fine, but no matter what I do I can't get my laptop to connect.

Etch on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There are a millions ways WMC can fail, from permissions to network card settings and so forth. Make sure file and print sharing and windows client are installed on the wireless interface. The Xbox forums have a ton of good stickied threads on this.

Yar on