As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 account question

VorusVorus Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
In december, I bought myself 1 month of Xbox Live Gold to try it out and see if it was worth getting a longer subscription. I have found that I really don't use it enough to be worth having (especially since I got my Wii) so I want to cancel it. The problem is, when I go to account management on the dashboard, I can upgrade my account but I can't find where to revert it to Silver.

So...how do I go about doing this?

(I know that asking how to cancel my account is a pretty stupid question, I just really don't want to be stuck paying every month because I am too thick to figure it out)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vorus on

• Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This page should be able to help.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So I have to call them to cancel my account? That seems very...strange. Thanks for the page though.

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, whenever a company could potentially lose business, they want the opportunity to talk you out of it, hence the phone number only option. Kinda lame, I know.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah. Good luck with this. Quite a few of my friends have tried to cancel Xbox live and found it a massive pain in the ass to the extent where one of them was screaming profanities(sp?) at the operator, complete with racial slurs.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I hope you aren't married to your gamertag though. Once you cancel, there is no getting it back. Microsoft seems to be very much against reactivating accounts in my experience, and they don't seem to want to recycle old names back into the system either. Hence my gamertag has a 360 tagged to the end of it after cancelling my account back in the days of the big black box.

liquidlogan on