As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommend on.. DVD players

GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
Okay, so my old Pioneer 535 is getting fidgety on playing some things and the tray likes to retract the moment it opens quite often. So I think it's kind of time to get a new DVD player.

What with DVD players being dirt cheap nowadays is it hard to go wrong? (I haven't read up on this in ages)

I'm currently looking at this sumvision player.

It's shocking how cheap DVD players are nowadays, when I first bought that pioneer it cost me something like £250 and I can buy that sumvision which has far more features for £25...

In my day...

PSN | Steam
---
I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
GrimReaper on

• Options
    GooseGoose Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've never heard of Sumvision before, but for a price that low and a featureset that big, there's got to be something screwball with it.

Oppo makes the best damn DVD players on the planet, hands down. For what you're getting, they're extremely reasonably priced. Unfortunately, they're rarely found at retail, but they've got a decent ordering system on their site. I think the DV-980H would do everything you're looking for.

Goose on
    Give a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    - Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    AVS forums love their Oppos

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Philips for low-end (sub-$75), Oppo for mid-level ($100+).

BubbaT on