As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Official Cosplay (and Cool Gear) Thread <3

• Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wig shipped, keyblade 90% fixed. Costume complete.

EXCITEMENT!!!!

((Zephyril is finishing the costume Thursday.))

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whytmage wrote: »
    Wig shipped, keyblade 90% fixed. Costume complete.

EXCITEMENT!!!!

((Zephyril is finishing the costume Thursday.))

I want to get a pic with you while I am wearing my Kingdom Hearts t-shirt. Probably on Sunday.
    When I was playing KH2 I changed one of my IM names to: "Call me Roxas bitch!"

I am huge KH fan. I can even do Sora's jaunty bouncy walk from the first game. I've practiced it in public...

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hammy wrote: »
    I mentioned earlier that my goggles were cancelled once due to them saying they weren't the ones I wanted. Well now they cancelled my newest order saying that they no longer carry suitable goggles for a Dr. Horrible costume(btw I never told them what I was ordering the goggles for), and that they're having problems with the items and can no longer accept orders for them. So basically, my Dr H cosplay will have no goggles, either that or I'll have goggles that look nothing like Dr H's. I'm a very sad panda :(

http://www.mortonsafety.com/index.aspx?Command=GroupInfo&GroupID=10875

?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Hammy wrote: »
    I mentioned earlier that my goggles were cancelled once due to them saying they weren't the ones I wanted. Well now they cancelled my newest order saying that they no longer carry suitable goggles for a Dr. Horrible costume(btw I never told them what I was ordering the goggles for), and that they're having problems with the items and can no longer accept orders for them. So basically, my Dr H cosplay will have no goggles, either that or I'll have goggles that look nothing like Dr H's. I'm a very sad panda :(

http://www.mortonsafety.com/index.aspx?Command=GroupInfo&GroupID=10875

?
    Those are the ones, but that site requires you to spend at least $50 to ship anything.

On a good note. One of my friends I'll be seeing at an anime con before PAX is going as Dr. H and happened to buy a couple extra pairs just incase and is going to sell me one :D

Hammy on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oh, well that's cool then :D

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My apartment was particularly dark yesterday, pardon the low quality pic.
    2776699397_11507bd2ec.jpg

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    And BA comes up to where, you're elbow?

Blain on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    When I'm in those boots... yeah. :D

Liger on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I am not in the first post and I am guessing that is because I have not posted the following:

mentok1982
    Costume: Dr. Feelgood (Friday)
    Events: Pre-Pax Breakfast, PAX line on Friday
    Notes: When I am in character I will ask people (when they are not playing) about their drug and violence habits.
    I have a real stethoschope and if you want try it out, I will have sanitary wipes to clean the ear pieces.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    My apartment was particularly dark yesterday, pardon the low quality pic.
    2776699397_11507bd2ec.jpg

Niiiiice!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Update for Contre:
    Costume: Twisp
    Notes: I've got the suit. They did not have a three piece that looked decent on me. But my mom was nice enough to use her sewing skills to make me a vest. Pictures forth coming.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ok, i'm officially out. i'm trashing all my stuff i bought for my costume because i just can't make it happen. please remove me from the list.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ardor wrote: »
    So I'll be going as Akihiko from Persona 3 and a friend of mine will be doing Junpei, I'm just trying to figure out the grey hair part of the costume now. I even started a H/A thread to see if people can help me find a short-term solution.

Also, I was under the impression that bringing weapons, fake or not, is not recommended, right?

o.o I am going to do a persona 3 cosplay for my next con, mitsuru ^_^ and my friend is going to be ken~!! If a girl dressed up as Lili from Psychonauts asks for your picture, that is me ^_^

costume update::
    shirt:: 75% done
    skirt::10% I have all materials
    so....4 more hours i think....and here is a picture of the shirt before i sewed it --->
    lilipart1.jpg

oyasumidesu on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    With my sister coming down from LA to visit me last weekend, I decided to take up Ardor and cj's suggestions and bought materials for a Gekkoukan High School summer uniform, which was a fairly easy affair. Of course, being that the main character wears a standard uniform, why not go a little further and find the proper accesories for such a role? Well, with one week before I have to leave on the WCTT, I've found that it's a bit tougher to obtain the Headphones and MP3 player than I thought, at least in a rush situation.

The MP3 Player should be fairly easy - I'll probably head down to Fry's Electronics tomorrow morning to see if I can find something cheap - their website seems to indicate a few good enough options for props. The more problematic thing will be the Headphones... even knowing the best model number (ATH-EM700 SV) and good substitutes (ATH-EM7 SV/GM, GM is darker than the SV's silver but still a good gray color), I can't seem to find any brick & mortar shops to carry what I'm looking for. Of course, having the best match and closest substitute not normally be sold in the states doesn't help matters either. But at least the next-closest (ATH-EM7 GM) does have some distribution in the States, though it is certainly limited. Guitar Center has a listing for it on their website, but from calling a couple stores, none of them have any in. Seems like my best option is to purchase from Amazon.com with fast shipping... the price they have on the product is cheapest from other online retailers, and should offset the shipping costs somewhat. I have, on some sites, actually found the closer product and best match, but looking at their shipping times, there would be little chance of me getting it to me on time - I don't know if airmailing from Asia would get to me by Tuesday, depending on how quickly the seller reacts.

I guess I kind of rambled there, but it's good to get ones thought processes down sometimes. And, uh, sharing is caring?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    ok, i'm officially out. i'm trashing all my stuff i bought for my costume because i just can't make it happen. please remove me from the list.

A valiant effort regardless, especially given that you were essentially trying to learn garment construction in the process. I'm sure that in the end PAX itself will erase your frustrations.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Officer wrote: »
    She is a child born with the powers of a full fledged Reverend Mother of the Bene Gesserit. She has a telepathic powers, including mind control, straight telepathy and truth-seeing. The little girl was the one invading the PREVIOUS pics mind, who was also a reverend mother of the bene gesserit, but of lesser quality than the little girl.

See, now I have to go watch the 1984 Dune movie.

Dunefail, Alia of the Knife never had telepathy, just the prana bindu training that was super observing and such. She couldn't just "read minds".

And the Lynch film is so shitty, at least he has agreed that the 8 hour director's cut will come out when he dies.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    WhytmageWhytmage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »

A valiant effort regardless, especially given that you were essentially trying to learn garment construction in the process. I'm sure that in the end PAX itself will erase your frustrations.

And we still love you. :D

Whytmage on
    :!!: Current Addiction: World of Warcraft
    :!!: Progress: My mage can kick your mage's ass. My hunter can kick your mage's ass, and I'm positive my Shadow Priest can kick your mage's ass also.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Most costume is done!

PICS!
    Being a doctor is serious business!
    img0261ny8.th.jpg
    img0264qq6.th.jpg

Warming that puupy up!
    img0267gd5.th.jpg

My reproduction of the survey from the Doctor Feelgood strip on my realistic clipboard:
    img0268cl8.th.jpg

I told them to monogram "Dr. Feelgood" above the pocket, and they did it without questioning me!
    img0269cv6.th.jpg

mentok1982
    Costume: Dr. Feelgood (Friday)
    Events: Pre-Pax Breakfast, PAX line on Friday
    Notes: When I am in character I will ask people (when they are not playing) about their drug and violence habits.
    I have a real stethoschope and if you want try it out, I will have sanitary wipes to clean the ear pieces.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm bringing possibly three costumes...

One for sure is an Anne-claire costume from "...rain slicked" for the costume contest
    Female version of a medic with glowing medigun!
    Possibly katamari prince (extremely authentic size!)...only if i can find a way to get the head from sacramento to seatle....

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    AznTranquilityAznTranquility Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    soOooo....just wondering...

is there gonna be a cosplay gathering of some sorts? or like a meet n greet spot?

AznTranquility on
  • Options
    MochigoMochigo Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    I am considering, since I am not sure I'd be brave enough to actually run around in "costume" since I am probably going with some of my family and not friends, but here are my costume ideas~~

Forumer Name: Mochigo
    Costume: Black and White Alice and Wonderland Lolita Dress (not really a costume, but "over the top" clothing) or a Neko maid (which I think might be a little too much) ((Not sure which day I am coming))
    Events: I want to go find the Aion Tower of Eternity booth, but otherwise I don't have any set plans...
    Lolita- 80% --still need to order shoes, bloomers, and maybe different headpiece (I don't like the little hat it came with)
    Neko maid- 75% --still need shoes, bloomers, and possibly a tail (since I already have the cat ear maid tiara)(note: I will ultimately be using the same shoes/bloomers for both costumes though)
    Notes: I am not coming to PAX for certain, and I still don't know what day and times I shall be there if I do manage to go, let alone whether I would actually dress up at all or not, so please but me on the thinking about it list.

Mochigo on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just some FYI, the waldo shirt has been found and worn and it fits nicely. I've got the hat currently sitting in 2 pieces, the pom-pom and the rest of the hat. The fiance is going to knit them together later this week.

I would show you pics if I only had a safety pin... and a camera.

So, who's going to find Waldo at PAX?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Qs23 wrote: »

I'll find him like something that finds things a lot!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HotSake wrote: »

Speaking of which, if Waldo's playing the Assassins game I think it's fair to say we're all screwed.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Speaking of which, if Waldo's playing the Assassins game I think it's fair to say we're all screwed.

Damnit, somebody has finally figured me out.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Figuring you out is one thing... finding you before we're dead?

Well, I think th- (SHANK) -.... uughghhghhhhhh

8-)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Figuring you out is one thing... finding you before we're dead?

Well, I think th- (SHANK) -.... uughghhghhhhhh

8-)

Waldo's Cane? Sword.

Houn on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How did it go...?

"In Soviet Russia, Waldo finds you!"

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    115841.jpg

if i can get the head to seattle from sacramento i'll try to wear this at least one day
    this was my halloween costume last year. i entered a costume contest and lost to someone in a box claiming to be a wiimote...i didn't even place! even the overweight girl dressed as the grudge won a box of pocki!

bitter? no no...never

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    millislim wrote: »
    if i can get the head to seattle from sacramento i'll try to wear this at least one day
    this was my halloween costume last year. i entered a costume contest and lost to someone in a box claiming to be a wiimote...i didn't even place! even the overweight girl dressed as the grudge won a box of pocki!

bitter? no no...never

Some folks just don't understand the awesomeness of the King of All Cosmos and his Son.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    soOooo....just wondering...

is there gonna be a cosplay gathering of some sorts? or like a meet n greet spot?

well we could have one....like at the tulleys floor, behind/the area where the escalators lead off to, there are tables and stuff there, .....we could meet at a specific time....any objections or suggestions? (if so, i suggest it on saturday ^_^)

oyasumidesu on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    millislim wrote: »
    115841.jpg

bitter? no no...never

A fellow Sacramentan AND a Katamari fan? Awesome! Well done! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

...Is that was Sac-Residents are called????????????

...I never knew that. I guess it's just as bad as Fairfieldites and Suisunians.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

...Is that was Sac-Residents are called????????????

...I never knew that. I guess it's just as bad as Fairfieldites and Suisunians.

I was a Livermoron. Well, I believe the true title was Livermoran, but the former is more fun.

Officer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    lol Officer! =)

Aye Tapole, that's what I've heard at least =) It's... odd... but functional =) lol

Hey, we could start a Sacramento Pre-PAX Lunch! There's at least 3 of us it looks like! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey, we could start a Sacramento Pre-PAX Lunch! There's at least 3 of us it looks like! =)

Luckily, I do start my vacation from work at 5PM on Monday; so it could work...

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    ooo fun! ya we should meet up...you guys can see my anne-claire costume...katamari too if you like
    how are you other sacramentians getting to pax? i'm going by plane

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cool, that'd be awesome! =)

I'm going by plane too... taking Alaskan Air on Wednesday Morning (so I can make it midday to day 1 of the Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour =) ).

I'll bring up the idea of a Sacramento Pre-PAX gathering in the Lunch thread! See you guys over there! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I posted this over in the Triwizard Drinking thread, but I think I might have better luck here.

So, granted, this is a bit last minute, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on a tie that matches the Ravenclaw pattern? Something I can pick up at the mall or somewhere similar would be preferable, I'm not sure I trust shipping to get it to me in time at this point.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ravenclaw movie version or Ravenclaw book version?

Either way, I know there's a harry potter costume shop in Los Angeles. If you're looking for something quicker/easier... check local thrift stores, Macy's usually has a good selection of ties... Do you have TJ Maxx/Ross/Marshall's down there?

Your price range makes a difference, but a lot of those places you can look at the online catalog, and call the store to see if they have the matching item.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!

Liger on
This discussion has been closed.