Options

[WAR] Are you in the beta action, or are you some kinda sissy girl?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    His UI actually reminds me pretty much of the UI you see in any WoW PvP video ever.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Well, it just looks like everything is floating. I organize mine so that everything is on the very edges of the screen.. leaving the actual play-area completely clean (except for those stupid on-screen messages).

Your UI reminds me of AOC's... which I hated.

The first UI Mod I get will be one that takes off the borders around my hot-bars.. possibly making 3 stack neatly without all the extra art. Also, the moral bar: I'd like the slots in that to show at all times.. as opposed to popping up for a split second when they're ready. Really.. any gripe I have with the UI is going to be fixed by mods within days of launch.

If it were up to me, it'd look like this (out of combat) or this (which was a work-in-progress that I never finished), but I have to make due with what I've got, so...

s3rial one on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Well, it just looks like everything is floating. I organize mine so that everything is on the very edges of the screen.. leaving the actual play-area completely clean (except for those stupid on-screen messages).

Your UI reminds me of AOC's... which I hated.

The first UI Mod I get will be one that takes off the borders around my hot-bars.. possibly making 3 stack neatly without all the extra art. Also, the moral bar: I'd like the slots in that to show at all times.. as opposed to popping up for a split second when they're ready. Really.. any gripe I have with the UI is going to be fixed by mods within days of launch.

If it were up to me, it'd look like this (out of combat) or this (which was a work-in-progress that I never finished), but I have to make due with what I've got, so...

Ya, I don't get that. As soon as you start doing that I feel like I am playing a spreadsheet, not the game. And it saddens me.

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The first UI Mod I get will be one that takes off the borders around my hot-bars.. possibly making 3 stack neatly without all the extra art.

If you're talking about the art on the sides of the bars, you can turn that off now. In the Layout Editor, click the Windows button and set Left Cap and Right Cap to Hidden.

grrarg on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Holy shit Black Orcs

Well more really, Holy shit this game.

PQ's are genius.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just spent like 2 hours on my Blorc doing RvR quests. Excellent XP, repeatable, and the gear rewards are pretty sweet. Can't wait for 10/6.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The very first thing I do when I try out a new character is queue up for scenarios while I'm doing the low level quests. During the peak hours, this usually means your doing more scenarios then quests. However, I typically find that only after a couple of scenarios I'll already be around level 5ish. Certainly makes the questing simple in the end. And its seems a lot more fun to have pvp in between quest runs.

When I do this, I generally find that my renown gets capped just 1 point below the next rank as it waits for me to gain a new character level. I was 10/9 before I even got to chapter 3 and the first war camp.

xgalaxy on
    GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's how I like my UI for WAR. (spoiler'd for huge)
    2zdou2g.jpg

Tyberius on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Holy shit Black Orcs

Well more really, Holy shit this game.

PQ's are genius.

The Komar PQ for the Greenskins is absolutely epic during peak hours. Not only do the Greenskins have to fight off hundreds of Stunties and three heroes, but also any Dwarf players who want to PvP at the same time. Last time I was there, about 100 Greenskin players and 20 NPCs were fighting with 100 Dwarf NPCs and 20-30 Dwarf players.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wow, this game can look much better than what I get out of it. What are your specs, Tyberius?

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Woodroez wrote: »
    wow, this game can look much better than what I get out of it. What are your specs, Tyberius?

Going Da Toughest route with my Black Orc, I love to tank. Also here is my Zealot below, to show where my target is on the UI (and that's she isn't bad looking). I plan to go Alchemy with her as well.
    2e1dbhf.jpg

Tyberius on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For some reason my character portrait is always greyed out along with my health and AP, no matter if I've taken damage or not.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think he meant your computer's specs Tyberius.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think he meant your computer's specs Tyberius.

Dur dur, of course.

Windows XP Professional
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

Tyberius on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The beta is set to 'medium' mode and lacks high res textures.

You have to use your graphics card options to force changes. A-A and Anisotropic.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    DuskTwilightDuskTwilight Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Where is the High Elf Tier 2 keep?

DuskTwilight on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The only thing I agree with for the UI is the huge on-screen messages that clutter up the screen. You should be able to scale them or even have them go to your combat log instead.

Other than that, I havn't experienced any quest-log problems or unit portrait squishing. I imagine it's difficult to have a bug-free UI when you let people scale, re-size, and move around all the elements anywhere they like.

I really wouldn't mind so much of the changes I made to the UI would stay put. I moved/resized that chat window for a reason!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I believe it's in the southern part of the Shadowlands.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    The only thing I agree with for the UI is the huge on-screen messages that clutter up the screen. You should be able to scale them or even have them go to your combat log instead.

Other than that, I havn't experienced any quest-log problems or unit portrait squishing. I imagine it's difficult to have a bug-free UI when you let people scale, re-size, and move around all the elements anywhere they like.

I really wouldn't mind so much of the changes I made to the UI would stay put. I moved/resized that chat window for a reason!

The Chat window is the only thing on my UI that never stays the same, it's plotting against me...

Tyberius on
  • Options
    DuskTwilightDuskTwilight Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Iblis wrote: »

I can't find it. Rather, I can't find this mysterious place where one buys Renown items. The website says there's one in every war camp, and yet there isn't.

DuskTwilight on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I can't find it. Rather, I can't find this mysterious place where one buys Renown items. The website says there's one in every war camp, and yet there isn't.

Renown 2 and 4 gear is in Tier 1 Warcamps
    Renown 6 and 8 gear is in Tier 2 Keeps (your side has to have control of the keeps to access the vendors)

Greenskin Tier 2 zone: Marshes of Madness
    Dwarf Tier 2 zone: Barak Varr
    Chaos Tier 2 zone: Ostlands
    Empire Tier 2 zone: Troll Country
    High/Dark Elf: Don't know I haven't been there and too lazy to look up.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »

Renown 2 and 4 gear is in Tier 1 Warcamps
    Renown 6 and 8 gear is in Tier 2 Keeps (your side has to have control of the keeps to access the vendors)

Greenskin Tier 2 zone: Marshes of Madness
    Dwarf Tier 2 zone: Barak Varr
    Chaos Tier 2 zone: Ostlands
    Empire Tier 2 zone: Troll Country
    High/Dark Elf: Don't know I haven't been there and too lazy to look up.
    The problem I'm running into right now is that the map doesn't actually seem to be saying who controls what keeps in the zone until I actually get into the zone. Rather a pain in the ass, it is.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Tyberius wrote: »

The Chat window is the only thing on my UI that never stays the same, it's plotting against me...

Yea, the chat window moves and resizes back to normal, and the PQ window moves almost entirely off screen.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so I got my blorc level 14/8 and all my renown gear:
    DnilbM_002.jpg
    20s per purple dye, I had extra money (not enough though D:)

and it is sooooo much fun. I don't think i'll be leveling it anymore though, just no point. At 14/8 I have a good feel for it so I want to spend the rest of the PW trying something else. I'll just pvp on em if our guild rvr's.

As buggy as the squig herder is I can't help but want to try it out. Nothing sounds as interesting to me at the moment. I did try a zealot for about 5 minutes before I had to stop playing it because of the way theyre slouched over all zombie like. Annoying.

waaaagh

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is why they need to get 10/6 gear the fuck out of Tier 1.

Level 10, normal PQ/quest gear:

2dtwrbn.jpg
    v4rldy.jpg

Level 10, using 10/6 gear:

2yl8x2c.jpg
    jztrmq.jpg

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Bunch of shit

Holy shit

:shock:

The disparity there is absolutely stunning.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    NH03NH03 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Bunch of shit

Holy shit

:shock:

The disparity there is absolutely stunning.

If you get first in those pqs you get a really nice purple item that is a replacement for the top influence reward. Also, you might be getting the same type of armor and weapon over and over again since the influence rewards are different in each zone. You might need to travel to empire or elves to get your other pieces. If you don't follow through with your quest line, you might not get every piece of armor there is to get. Some quest lines just offer xp at first, others may just offer xp and thats it, but they aren't until later in the game around tier 2.

Those gear discrepancies are mainly due to the fact that tier one doesn't give you the best gear for your level, simply because you probably gained a few levels doing a pq or two and just passed by or just haven't reached the quests that give you the upgraded loot.

NH03 on
    vincentsig.jpg
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I don't like that there's nothing there to bridge the gap.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So... does over 100% mean that you reflect damage? Or does it just mean people can't melee you.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I named my marauder Tulip. Reading quests amuses me so much.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    NH03NH03 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So... does over 100% mean that you reflect damage? Or does it just mean people can't melee you.

100% doesnt mean 100% in the way that it covers all of your bases. Its 100% damage reduction, meaning 100% of damage reduction is being applied to the target; so say your damage reduction is 50%. 100% damage reduction from armor means 100% of the 50% reduction is being applied. Atleast thats how I think it goes.

In other words, 100% doesn't necessarily mean 100% of the damage is being mitigated, it means 100% the damage reduction for armor at that level is being applied. Which isn't 100%.

NH03 on
    vincentsig.jpg
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    But then once you've gotten the gear in T1 you're going to be getting enough xp to take you out of T1 very very quickly.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    But then once you've gotten the gear in T1 you're going to be getting enough xp to take you out of T1 very very quickly.
    Yeah. Just fast enough to make sure that the majority of the tier isn't filled with it, giving an enormous advantage to those people who do.

I don't understand why people keep making excuses for this shit. A tank has six times the armor rating of the same tank at the same level without it. Let alone the level 2 and 3 and 4 characters that are getting sent into these scenarios. This is not balanced. It's not fun.

I mean, look at this... I didn't even dig for it - this was the end of the scenario I just got out of. I've got over 2000 HP, and guys are hitting me for 4 damage.

2ldd104.jpg

s3rial one on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So imba.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    waywardryanwaywardryan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I love the bright Wizard so much. I hope they don't nerf them too bad. Here are a few pics of bright wizard rvr for those of you who can't play:
    FireflyM_006.jpg
    Cheeky little git hid on the roof.
    FireflyM_016.jpg
    I really wish it would pop up with big numbers when I AOE. The damage display never seems to work right.
    FireflyM_000.jpg
    I've doubled the next highest damager more than once.

waywardryan on
    Lemon - Bright Wizard
    Bijaz - Ironbreaker
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Great Keep Siege today guys. To bad they started taking it back after we broke up... But that is perpetual war for you.

I have a bunch of pictures I will post later.

Babble on
  • Options
    KealohaKealoha Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm Balogna!

Kealoha on
    !! ! ! !!
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kealoha wrote: »
    I'm Balogna!

Nice! Can't wait to set up another siege sometime.

Babble on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    I'm enjoying this game so much more than expected.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the renown gear will be changed for launch, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made renown progression much, much slower.

In every interview/video about the gear in this game I've ever seen, they always say they don't want your gear to define you. They say a completely geared character will have a slight advantage over someone with regular, run-of-the-mill stuff. As it stands, a 10/6 geared character is god-like compared to a quest-geared character.

God-like... in the sense that I can take down entire groups of mobs my own level with AOEs on my Sorc. If I had the inclination, I could probably power-level people that way in a sexy, sexy shower of giant purple spiky things.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
This discussion has been closed.