Options

Baten Kaitos Love thread <3

124»

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Necroing this thread for the last time, just finished BK:O. As with the first game, the last half was definitely better than the first, though a lot of the twists and reveals seemed kind of...I dunno, forced.
    I called Verus not having a guardian spirit as soon as he asked to be alone to talk to it. I suspected Baelheit of being another mal-deiter since I could see his spirit's text boxes, but I guess they're similar enough that that's not an issue. Verus had an extremely hilarious face-heel turn though. It was like he changed from George Washington into the joker.

I really would have liked to know what happened to Hassaleh, since it apparently just up and disappeared in the 20 year interim, as well as why I couldn't fly to Mira. It would seem like Mira would have been just as important in the 'having remains of the gods' department.

Also, Guillo's death at the end felt VERY forced. I was kind of pissed actually.

I dunno, I liked it, but it just didn't compare to the first one, and after all the hype I heard about it, it's hard to feel satisfied after that. The first felt much more epic to me, with new discoveries and interesting reveals. This one just felt more...mundane. I was actually kind of surprised when I realized I was at the end of the game.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm just into the second disc of BKO, and I'm not sure what I think. The story has been underwhelming at best, but the combat is cool. Also, fuck that fucking bird. Any boss that can do 3/4 damage to my entire party and tack on a status effect at one is a pain, but I don't even get to fucking fight him, I get to fight the fucking eggs it constantly craps out in order to avoid that attack.

God bless carrying 12 mountain apples to that fight for the HP boost.

JihadJesus on