As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Would someone kindly post their Ep1 save?

HiverHiver Registered User new member
edited November 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Hey all,

I had to format my PC in the months between episodes 1 and 2. As such I am without a save file, would anyone care to post theirs?

It's located in C:\Users\<your name here>\AppData\Local\HotheadGames\RainSlickEp1 (you may need to view hidden files and folders to get there) The file ends in .SAV and is something you can open in notepad and copy/paste to the forums.

I'd really rather not go through Episode 1 again if I can avoid it. Thanks for your time and assistance.

Hiver on

• Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You don't really need it. As far as I know all that carries over is level and appearance. If you bought a certain thing in Part 1 you'll be able to get Div as a support character, but that's it. None of the weapons or Overkill bonuses transfer, and you may start out at level 15 even if you make a new character. So really you only need to get a save from Episode 1 if you want Div.

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    AceOfSomethingOrOtherAceOfSomethingOrOther Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a question pertaining to this: Do you still have the first Monkey Card if you start with a new character? If you don't, then how does that all work?

AceOfSomethingOrOther on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You'll start with everything necessary to complete this episode. Since you can't complete episode 1 without having certain items in your inventory necessary for episode 2, you'll start episode 2 with them.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AceOfSomethingOrOtherAceOfSomethingOrOther Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's what I thought. Thank you!

AceOfSomethingOrOther on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There are certain items you don't start with, though. The horn, for example, will give you a certain bonus if you got it in Episode 1.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!