Sarksus wrote: »
    CIVICS FUCKING ROCK.

FUCK YEAH.

TWENTY FOUR DOLLARS TO FILL IT UP.

FUCK YEAH.

Small ass tank you got there.

Yeah it's like 13 gallons, about.

Lasts me 7-14 days, depending on how much driving I do, though.

What year and trim (LX/EX/Si/etc) Civic is that? I might end up buying a Civic this summer, but I don't plan on keeping the original engine any longer than I have to unless it's an Si.

It's a 2003 Civic LX.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    Unrelated:
    Hey, what should I do for my birthday?

Do you have a fake? If so, you should go to Bourgeois Pig. It's a wine and fondue bar in east village (7th between 1st and A) and it has AMAZING fondue and INCREDIBLE wine, for a pretty decent price. I was recently there with four friends, and we got a bottle of Burgundy, blue cheese and honey fondue with roasted potatoes, fruit, and bread, and a pitcher of sangria for less than $100.
    the nice thing is its that birthday where i don't need a fake anymore
    i've heard of this place before
    sounds fun

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can someone explain how I am to find a job when every job requires 3-5 years of experience?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Can someone explain how I am to find a job when every job requires 3-5 years of experience?

You lie.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    kitchkitch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I've decided that Jasmine rice is the best rice.

kitch on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Have a really good resume and cover letter. Try to land the interview and IMPRESS.

Alternatively, try for an entry level job. Do you have college? College is SUPPOSED to be equal to experience in most cases.

Edit: Also what field is this in? For example, in I.T. if you've spent most of your teenage life fixing other people's computers, you count that time as Independent Contractor.

Ludious on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Knee Pads, little gag reflex.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Send in the resume anyway, and try your damnedest to equate any job or education experience you have with what they're looking for.

TL DR on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Connections.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Unrelated:

Do you have a fake? If so, you should go to Bourgeois Pig. It's a wine and fondue bar in east village (7th between 1st and A) and it has AMAZING fondue and INCREDIBLE wine, for a pretty decent price. I was recently there with four friends, and we got a bottle of Burgundy, blue cheese and honey fondue with roasted potatoes, fruit, and bread, and a pitcher of sangria for less than $100.

What does fake mean in this case?
    I'm glad somebody asked.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ludious wrote: »

Have a really good resume and cover letter. Try to land the interview and IMPRESS.

Alternatively, try for an entry level job. Do you have college? College is SUPPOSED to be equal to experience in most cases.

Edit: Also what field is this in? For example, in I.T. if you've spent most of your teenage life fixing other people's computers, you count that time as Independent Contractor.
    Er, I just graduated law school, so...

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Er, I just graduated law school, so...

Have you ever umm..did law stuff for people on the side? Worked as some type of legal aide?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You lie.
    It is difficult to lie when I just passed the bar and it would be legally impossible for me to have the experience required for these jobs.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Have you ever umm..did law stuff for people on the side? Worked as some type of legal aide?
    I had two part time internships of three months each.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

You lie.
    It is difficult to lie when I just passed the bar and it would be legally impossible for me to have the experience required for these jobs.

McDonald's it is.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I mean the problem is that everyone applying for these jobs has been to law school. They probably went to a better known/respected school than me, and I probably performed much better in law school than they did based solely on the numbers.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Yeah. The doctor/lawyer world is a bit different from the rest of us world. But really I have friends that are Lawyers, aren't you supposed to be in some type of club/group/fraternity?

Basically haven't you made any connections by now?

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Aren't there any positions newbie lawyers work to get experience? Like public defenders?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    work as a paralegal or a state attorney or try to get an internship in a law firm.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

Aren't there any positions newbie lawyers work to get experience? Like public defenders?

Maybe PM Medopine?

Isn't she in this exact situation? Or was, a little while ago?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

That might be hard to embellish on its own. Ever watch Law & Order?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Though it would be funny.

What is your experience beyond law school?

I have played all Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Apollo Justice Titles for the Nintendo DS.

OBJECTION!

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Not really, no. I went to a really small school and I wasn't (1)jewish or (2)republican so there weren't many organizations I could join. Also lawyers are terrible people and I tried to avoid as many of them as possible. The people I do know went to other states.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Boston Legal is my legal television of choice.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not really, no. I went to a really small school and I wasn't (1)jewish or (2)republican so there weren't many organizations I could join. Also lawyers are terrible people and I tried to avoid as many of them as possible. The people I do know went to other states.
    You could apply to be a cop.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Unrelated:

What does fake mean in this case?
    I'm glad somebody asked.

It's much more American than a burger with fries.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    quick question, why are there so many new threads about robots, lasers and future suppositions?

have we really exhausted all the present day problems?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A friend of a friend is in a bit of a bind:
    Help Dave!
    Dave Mahoney was cycling to the grocery store with his girlfriend in Minneapolis on September 4th 2008, when an un-marked van pulled up, and two men wearing FBI shirts inexplicably bundled him into the back, and drove off. Dave was part of the protesters assembled at the Republican National Convention in the City that week, and was there to peacefully remind America and the rest of the world of some of the atrocities, and in-justices millions of people endure everyday across the globe - many of which link directly to the actions & policy of the Republican party. Instead, Dave's become one of the victims... facing trumped up charges of Assault, and Conspiracy to Riot with a Furtherance of Terrorism; if convicted he could get up to 12 years in jail AND a $24,000 dollar fine...

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

Public defenders hire in September. I did not get my bar results until November. Many people turn their law school internships into real jobs. Mine didn't work out that way.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    quick question, why are there so many new threads about robots, lasers and future suppositions?

I was just about to make a thread about "Where are my glasses?" But my pirated laser robot found 'em.

And there are only two future threads. ZOMG

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Obama's got it covered.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    CIVICS FUCKING ROCK.

FUCK YEAH.

TWENTY FOUR DOLLARS TO FILL IT UP.

FUCK YEAH.

Small ass tank you got there.

Yeah it's like 13 gallons, about.

Lasts me 7-14 days, depending on how much driving I do, though.

What year and trim (LX/EX/Si/etc) Civic is that? I might end up buying a Civic this summer, but I don't plan on keeping the original engine any longer than I have to unless it's an Si.

It's a 2003 Civic LX.

Okay, after a bit of googling to find out which engine that got I guess I can safely say that your experience is absolutely not a reasonable predictor of the rate of fuel consumption I could expect on my hypothetical Civic. Thanks, though. :P

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, it's been over a week now, and I've gone from a sore throat to a sore throat, ear infection, and sinus infection. The drugs help to mitigate the misery, but not a whole hell of a lot. And the antibiotics don't seem to be doing much (I'm not going to stop taking them, don't worry).

I wish this thing would hurry up and either get better or kill me.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Obama's got it covered.

:^::lol::^:

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    A friend of a friend is in a bit of a bind:
    Help Dave!
    Dave Mahoney was cycling to the grocery store with his girlfriend in Minneapolis on September 4th 2008, when an un-marked van pulled up, and two men wearing FBI shirts inexplicably bundled him into the back, and drove off. Dave was part of the protesters assembled at the Republican National Convention in the City that week, and was there to peacefully remind America and the rest of the world of some of the atrocities, and in-justices millions of people endure everyday across the globe - many of which link directly to the actions & policy of the Republican party. Instead, Dave's become one of the victims... facing trumped up charges of Assault, and Conspiracy to Riot with a Furtherance of Terrorism; if convicted he could get up to 12 years in jail AND a $24,000 dollar fine...

Papers please. Welcome to america.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I was just about to make a thread about "Where are my glasses?" But my pirated laser robot found 'em.

yeah but thats 2 in less than a day. i can just see im gonna come back tomorrow to find out that "what is your alien invasion plan" and "will human beings ever develope telekenisis" are the new topics.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not only do people often spell "toe the line" "tow the line" I just learned that about 90% of the time I've seen it used it's been used wrong.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's a 2003 Civic LX.

Okay, after a bit of googling to find out which engine that got I guess I can safely say that your experience is absolutely not a reasonable predictor of the rate of fuel consumption I could expect on my hypothetical Civic. Thanks, though. :P

My Civic is powered on Love.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

yeah but thats 2 in less than a day. i can just see im gonna come back tomorrow to find out that "what is your Canid invasion plan" and "What should I do with my telekinesis?" are the new topics.

JamesKeenan on
This discussion has been closed.