As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Surfin' the [Chat]way

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    All sigs and avatars are ship shape and Bristol fashion over here.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Okay that's just chrome. I still have a weird feeling. But. . .class in five minutes..hrm.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I use Chrome.

It's not Chrome.

It's you.

Pony on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Chrome was okay but wouldn't let me use any drop down menus, so I stopped using it quickly as I enjoy dropping down menus.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    what really annoys me with chrome is i can't use ctrl+b to bold text on this forum and such

with IE and Firefox i can, with chrome, pressing ctrl+b brings up the bookmarks folder, it's stupid

Pony on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    what really annoys me with chrome is i can't use ctrl+b to bold text on this forum and such

with IE and Firefox i can, with chrome, pressing ctrl+b brings up the bookmarks folder, it's stupid

Also the spell check is terrible.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really need to work out some activity by which to get back in shape. I don't think I can do pure exercise any more. I need to dress it up somehow.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really need to work out some activity by which to get back in shape. I don't think I can do pure exercise any more. I need to dress it up somehow.

wii fit!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Pick a martial arts school that is nearby and teaches an art you are interested in?

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Pick a martial arts school that is nearby and teaches an art you are interested in?
    See I'm not super-interested in martial arts. I've been trying to do more big hobby constructions and things involving heavy lifting, but that has the downside of requiring materials and unfortunately all the things I'm best at are tiny tiny not heavy at all things.

EDIT: Actually that answers the question right there, I need to find something I need to concrete.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

See I'm not super-interested in martial arts. I've been trying to do more big hobby constructions and things involving heavy lifting, but that has the downside of requiring materials and unfortunately all the things I'm best at are tiny tiny not heavy at all things.

EDIT: Actually that answers the question right there, I need to find something I need to concrete.

build a grill!

actually that isnt too labor intensive...

retile your floors?

rip down a wall and make 2 rooms into 1?

take up kayaking? or skiing? (i think they have skiing in australia...)

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ELM and sumo, a match made in heaven.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Build a treehouse. Treehouses are sweet.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Brucelee41042Brucelee41042 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Do you live near trees? Go buy an axe and chop the shit out of them. If anyone asks why, tell them you're training for the Lumberjack games on ESPN.

EDIT: This is what I do for GPP and grip work.

Brucelee41042 on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Build a treehouse. Treehouses are sweet.

Better yet, build a treehouse for taking hookers to, and then build it so the bed is a trap-door that drops them into a labyrinth of horrors, with swinging blades and multiple doors that might lead to freedom if they pick the right one or the polar-bear from Lost if they pick the wrong one etc.

It should also have a lake of acid.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    playing left 4 dead right before bedtime ensures that i get like a full night's worth of zombie dreams.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I think I'm going to take all the left over stainless steel pipe from my house being built and weld it into a makeshift exoskeleton. I mean I've got the Mig, Argon and a stainless steel spool - it would be criminal not to!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Woodcutting is actually quite a good idea, especially if you can find some that someone's trying to get rid of for some reason.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    best thing about working at a grocery store:

I was going on a thirty minute break and walked by the bakery to see if I could catch a word with one of the workers, I saw them taking a few pies on a rack from the firesale spot and asked them what they were doing with those pies. They said they were getting old so they had to toss them. I got a whole eight inch apple pie. I ate it all with my hands while sitting outside. It was beautiful.

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Woodcutting is actually quite a good idea, especially if you can find some that someone's trying to get rid of for some reason.

my friend buys land (probably not any more) and then cuts down the sought after trees on it and sells them to lumber companies. at the same time he clears the land in a specific area for firewood and sells that to people. then he resells the land for profit since it is now 'developed'.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    it's cooooold

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

I read that and my immediate thought was "wood cutting is a really poor way of making gold because it's such a slow boring minigame".

Then I realised you weren't talking about Fable 2.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

I read that and my immediate thought was "wood cutting is a really poor way of making gold because it's such a slow boring minigame".

Then I realised you weren't talking about Fable 2.

Ditto. I should get out more I think.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

my friend buys land (probably not any more) and then cuts down the sought after trees on it and sells them to lumber companies. at the same time he clears the land in a specific area for firewood and sells that to people. then he resells the land for profit since it is now 'developed'.

Personally accelerating deforestation is something to be proud of. Even the logging and paper industries replant their trees now, the bunch of fucking pissant hippies. It's like they think they'll be out of work when there's no trees left or some pinko nonsense like that.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Personally accelerating deforestation is something to be proud of. Even the logging and paper industries replant their trees now, the bunch of fucking pissant hippies. It's like they think they'll be out of work when there's no trees left or some pinko nonsense like that.

you should stop breathing so that you emit less carbon dioxide. after all, GLOBAL WARMING!

the amount of trees he cuts down is a pitance compared to logging companies, im talking about 100 trees on a 100 acre... forrest.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Brucelee41042Brucelee41042 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Oh wait... you can make money that way? I've been doing this all wrong. I've been just driving to some random location, walking back into the woods for about half a mile, then going crazy with an axe all over mother natures well-planted face.

Actually, im going to take a picture the next time I go. Just a bunch of fallen maples, pines, and locust trees strewn about.

EDIT: Yes I know this is probably private property

Brucelee41042 on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    it's cooooold

Pansy.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Oh wait... you can make money that way? I've been doing this all wrong. I've been just driving to some random location, walking back into the woods for about half a mile, then going crazy with an axe all over mother natures well-planted face.

Actually, im going to take a picture the next time I go. Just a bunch of fallen maples, pines, and locust trees strewn about.

EDIT: Yes I know this is probably private property

lorax.jpg

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »
    it's cooooold

Pansy.
    shut it

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    it's cooooold

Pansy.
    shut it

abloo

bloo

bloo

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    :x I wish these infomercials would hurry up and finish. I need the jesus shows they have on after to put me to sleep.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2008

you should stop breathing so that you emit less carbon dioxide. after all, GLOBAL WARMING!

the amount of trees he cuts down is a pitance compared to logging companies, im talking about 100 trees on a 100 acre... forrest.

watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA

youtube is blocked by work for me, so maybe a paraphrase?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Someone please come to my office and tazer the receptionist so she will stop singing please.

Argh. To work I go.

Where are my goddamn headphones.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA

The old CEI commercial: "Some people call it a pollutant; we call it life."

moniker on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    it's cooooold

Pansy.
    shut it

abloo

bloo

bloo

It's so cold! I had forgotten how cold it got here. I don't want a winter semester this year.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm tired of living with people
    There's always one or two people who just don't clean their shit up
    Aurghhh

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2008

watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA

The old CEI commercial: "Some people call it a pollutant; we call it life."

still dont get it....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I know I'm going to put in something for Child's Play this year, just don't know what I'm going to get yet.

I'm leaning towards the Play-Doh, though. (Remember last year Tycho said they have to chuck the Play-Doh out after each use, to avoid contamination. So there's a constant need to restock.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

What does global warming have to do with it? Planting more trees doesn't fix it.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.