As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Katamari Online?!

AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Article!
Not sure how this'll work, but Korean dev Cyberstep (of GetAmped fame), in association with Windysoft, is bringing Katamari Damashii Online to PCs, says 4gamer. They signed a contract in November of 2006, and have begun development with aims at a late 2007 release. Basically it's going to take the versus battle stages from the PS2 and PSP games and plant them into an online arena. There will also be community management stuff, and there will be 'pet' and 'house' elements, with collectibles and whatnot. You can make your own island, and get new clothing and whatnot from items you gather while playing.

Only in Korea, for now. I'm curious to see how well or not this could play with more than two people.

Finally there are no more borders! Absolutely splendid!

Agentflit on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, do they say "kekekekeke" instead of "nanananana" in the Korean version of the theme song?

Or is that joke way too dead?

I just don't see it being as fun on PC.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I hope it has micro payments.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meh. The competitive mode was the least fun part of Katamari.

Cooperative mode for the win.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meh. The competitive mode was the least fun part of Katamari.

Cooperative mode for the win.

It'd like to see how a cooperative mode would work, the requirements would have to be to make one big fucking katamari I guess ...

Yes, the competitive mode was pretty bare bones, but still, I think it had potential ... and something was just funny when you could grab someone and see them flailing around inside your katamari

WilDPanthA05 on