As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Godzilla Unleashed announcement

2»

• Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    As long as Mecha Godzilla is in it

It seems a safe bet, since he's in the first screenshot in the OP.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Zilla84 wrote:
    I hope they release the grid-based Godzilla from the NES on VC. What a weird fucking game, but strangely good if I'm remembering it correctly. The only NES game I still own, and while not actually owning an NES.
    That was the first thing that popped in my mind! I loved that one as a kid. Godzilla teams up with Mothra to save the galaxy in a strange SRPG/sidescroller/fighting game. I remember beating that game, too, which was strange because back then I rarely carried games out to their completion.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Oh God yes.

edit: Needs more double chainsaw hands from Final Wars.

Final Wars may be the least Godzilla filled Godzilla movie.

I mean

NO FUCK YOU. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU FUCKING RETARDED MUTANT THINGS OR YOUR GAY LITTLE MOTORCYCLE RACE

I WANT TO SEE GODZILLA KILL EVERYTHING AND THE UFC GUY TO CUT THINGS WITH HIS KATANA

That guy was the hardest bad-ass in any movie ever. He's the WWF champion, insane military general, and dirty cop who's just been told "You're off the force McBain!" all rolled into one cliche. The part where he poised to fight Godzilla with nothing but his fucking Katana was godly. I only hope we get a sequel some day where he actually gets to try it.

Did anyone else think it was awesome that he's the only one speaking English all the time? On the Japanese soundtrack of course...

Hell yes, he was the shit. I loved it when he dropped his Katana to fight the two aliens, smacked the guy around and then when he was about to hit the girl, he stopped, opened his palm, laughed, and pimp slapped her down. THIS IS THE MAN!

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited January 2007
    Looks like shit.

It can't be that hard to make a good looking Wii game, for chris'sakes.
    You're blind.

The proper resolutioned screens look great. Part of the reason that the giant screenshots looks ugly is because they're blown up; the Wii can't do those dimensions anyways.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    IGN Wii: Which monsters can you play as?

Mark and Simon: We'll feature TOHO's "A" list of monsters, some updated from the more recent movies and a few surprises we'll not reveal.

King Kong plzkthx.

Seriously. Playing as a "i-can-shoot-lightning-from-my-fingertips-bitch" giant ape would be insanely awesome.

Also, we need Biolante.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    IGN Wii: Which monsters can you play as?

Mark and Simon: We'll feature TOHO's "A" list of monsters, some updated from the more recent movies and a few surprises we'll not reveal.

King Kong plzkthx.

Seriously. Playing as a "i-can-shoot-lightning-from-my-fingertips-bitch" giant ape would be insanely awesome.

Also, we need Biolante.

Savveeee the earthhhhh

Saveeeeee the earthhhhhh

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    RealtimeRealtime Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    What I wouldn't do for some cross-company dealings so we could get Gamera in there too!

Agreed. But it would have to be awesome Showa-era Gamera, the one that looks like a waffle.

Realtime on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Lunker wrote:
    Zilla84 wrote:
    I hope they release the grid-based Godzilla from the NES on VC. What a weird fucking game, but strangely good if I'm remembering it correctly. The only NES game I still own, and while not actually owning an NES.
    That was the first thing that popped in my mind! I loved that one as a kid. Godzilla teams up with Mothra to save the galaxy in a strange SRPG/sidescroller/fighting game. I remember beating that game, too, which was strange because back then I rarely carried games out to their completion.
    I seem to recall being stuck on Ghidora, but it's been so damn long ago. If I still had an NES I'd bust it out and see how it holds up. Not that it's likely to work, been left alone for almost a decade most likely.

Now I've got a thirst for some Godzilla, and my Destroy All Monsters in at home. Hmmm....

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Apparently this game is going to be playable at the NY Comic Con, which I happen to be going to. If I see it there I'll post impressions. Keep in mind I havent played Destroy All Monsters though.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Masume wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    SirToons wrote:
    Oh God yes.

edit: Needs more double chainsaw hands from Final Wars.

Final Wars may be the least Godzilla filled Godzilla movie.

I mean

NO FUCK YOU. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU FUCKING RETARDED MUTANT THINGS OR YOUR GAY LITTLE MOTORCYCLE RACE

I WANT TO SEE GODZILLA KILL EVERYTHING AND THE UFC GUY TO CUT THINGS WITH HIS KATANA

That guy was the hardest bad-ass in any movie ever. He's the WWF champion, insane military general, and dirty cop who's just been told "You're off the force McBain!" all rolled into one cliche. The part where he poised to fight Godzilla with nothing but his fucking Katana was godly. I only hope we get a sequel some day where he actually gets to try it.

Did anyone else think it was awesome that he's the only one speaking English all the time? On the Japanese soundtrack of course...

Hell yes, he was the shit. I loved it when he dropped his Katana to fight the two aliens, smacked the guy around and then when he was about to hit the girl, he stopped, opened his palm, laughed, and pimp slapped her down. THIS IS THE MAN!

That whole movie was the awesomest Godzilla move of all time.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Was Final Wars the one directed by Ryuhei Kitamura?

Also, I first read this thread at school so I couldn't get at IGN, and thus Googled for some alternatives. That brought me to this:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla_unleashed/specifics.htm

"WiiConnect24 Support: Confirmed." Oh god let me play this online.

The character for Godzilla looks pretty damn nice. A little blurry about the legs, but I'm sure the proper resolution will mend that.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    NipponNippon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    BiggNife wrote:
    Apparently this game is going to be playable at the NY Comic Con, which I happen to be going to. If I see it there I'll post impressions. Keep in mind I havent played Destroy All Monsters though.

Please do. I'm sure hundreds of G Fans are frothing at the mouth to see this thing in action.

Nippon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Nippon wrote:
    BiggNife wrote:

Please do. I'm sure hundreds of G Fans are frothing at the mouth to see this thing in action.
    Srrsly

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Mechagodzilla's chest seems kind of smushed in comparison to the real deal. And Godzilla's jaw looks way to long. D:

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I DO think they can still push it more, though.

Oh, and PLEASE put in the old 74 MechaGodzilla. He is the mechanical form of BADASS.

180px-Mechagodzilla.jpg

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Eteric wrote:
    Mechagodzilla's chest seems kind of smushed in comparison to the real deal. And Godzilla's jaw looks way to long. D:

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I DO think they can still push it more, though.

Oh, and PLEASE put in the old 74 MechaGodzilla. He is the mechanical form of BADASS.

180px-Mechagodzilla.jpg
    Quoted because I'm nice, you jobless hippy.

That's kinda badass, in a "guy in a suit" sort of way. Which is what Godzilla is at heart, but still...

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I love MechaGodzilla's gesture in that shot.

"I--oh, wait, you were speaking to me?"

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Alas, I have become awash in Godzilla nostalgia. Think '85 is still my favorite though, although I haven't seen Final Wars. None of that wimpy "olol godzilla is a hero" stuff, just straight Godzilla tearing the shit out of Tokyo complete with american dude that wasn't even in the original Japanese movie.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Zilla84 wrote:
    Alas, I have become awash in Godzilla nostalgia. Think '85 is still my favorite though, although I haven't seen Final Wars. None of that wimpy "olol godzilla is a hero" stuff, just straight Godzilla tearing the shit out of Tokyo complete with american dude that wasn't even in the original Japanese movie.
    Final Wars beats the shit out of every other Godzilla movie. A plethora of monsters for Godzilla to wail on, the awesome UFC guy who the ultimate stereotypical badass, and plenty of cities to be destroyed. The final fight between Godzilla and Kaiser Ghidora kicked ass as well. Plus, Minya drives a truck.

And if you're looking for a movie where Godzilla is not the hero, try "Godzilla - Mothra - King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack". Awesome story and suit effects, plus a cliffhanger ending.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Zilla84: He might be a guy in a suit, but he's a guy in a suit with missles on his feet, knees, hands, chest. He also has lazer beam eyes, a lazer from his chest, and can make some kinda freaky ass shield around him.

He is win.

Showa ftw.

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Zilla84 wrote:
    Final Wars beats the shit out of every other Godzilla movie. A plethora of monsters for Godzilla to wail on, the awesome UFC guy who the ultimate stereotypical badass, and plenty of cities to be destroyed. The final fight between Godzilla and Kaiser Ghidora kicked ass as well. Plus, Minya drives a truck.

And if you're looking for a movie where Godzilla is not the hero, try "Godzilla - Mothra - King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack". Awesome story and suit effects, plus a cliffhanger ending.
    The sad thing is I've actually had Final Wars on DVD for friggin ages, but just haven't had the will to watch it. What if I've become all old and dull to where I can't appreciate the awesome that is a giant monster who shoots nuclear lasers from his mouth at other giant monsters of varying degrees of ridiculously awesome design?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Zilla84 wrote:
    Zilla84 wrote:

The sad thing is I've actually had Final Wars on DVD for friggin ages, but just haven't had the will to watch it. What if I've become all old and dull to where I can't appreciate the awesome that is a giant monster who shoots nuclear lasers from his mouth at other giant monsters of varying degrees of ridiculously awesome design?
    Once you see the Godzilla vs. Zilla fight, everything will come back and you'll remember why you love Godzilla so much.

Eteric: That may be, but he got his ass handed to him by King Ceasar. King Fucking Ceasar! What may be one of the stupidest Showa designs ever, and didn't get any better in Final Wars.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Japan's solution to any problem: Build a robot replica of it.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Manic205Manic205 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just wasted like an hour reading about Super Corona Beams and the various forms of SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah. I hate you all.

Mechaperverts?

Manic205 on
    1365887IzMnK.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Manic205 wrote:

Mechaperverts?
    Mechaocean.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    No other love for War of the Monsters in this thread besides myself? FOR SHAME!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    NipponNippon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

War of the Monsters is sex in digital. My only gripe is that there wasn't nearly the massive feeling of GDAMM to accompany the battles. It feels like you're an action figure fighting in a toy town.
    Nevertheless, there was a lot of tasty love that went into that game. My favorite is easily Raptros, despite not having his own cool FMV sequence.

But that aside, apparently the 4 factions in Godzilla Unleashed are 1. G Force, 2. Vortaak, 3. Rogues, and 4. .....unknown. Hard to say exactly, but these are still just rumors.

I personally hope that Pipeworks makes every attempt to include every, if not most of the kaiju in Godzilla's universe in this game. Counting from the last game, there are a good 17 or so monsters left in the bestiary :)
    This could add up to a total of 35 possible characters!

Nippon on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Nippon wrote:

War of the Monsters is sex in digital. My only gripe is that there wasn't nearly the massive feeling of GDAMM to accompany the battles. It feels like you're an action figure fighting in a toy town.
    Nevertheless, there was a lot of tasty love that went into that game. My favorite is easily Raptros, despite not having his own cool FMV sequence.

But that aside, apparently the 4 factions in Godzilla Unleashed are 1. G Force, 2. Vortaak, 3. Rogues, and 4. .....unknown. Hard to say exactly, but these are still just rumors.

I personally hope that Pipeworks makes every attempt to include every, if not most of the kaiju in Godzilla's universe in this game. Counting from the last game, there are a good 17 or so monsters left in the bestiary :)
    This could add up to a total of 35 possible characters!
    Good man! I'd give anything for a sequel.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I didn't like Final Wars much, but I did like the American guy. He was a badass.

Anyway, yeah, stupid King Ceesar. :(

The new MechaGodzilla is badass though, too. I like him because he reminds me a lot of the 74 version. The problem with the 93 (I think it was 93) version was that he was just to "solid." I like to see wires n' shit on my giant cyborgs. :/

gmmg_production_14.jpg

He says YES.

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png