As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Momentum of the Week 17/12/2008 : I will wait for you

DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Graphic Violence
Well it had been a boring week comics wisely. I had to defining moments and unfortunately both made me feel terrible about marvel universe.

Mighty Avengers
"If you get trapped in a block of ice i will wait for you."
Janet wasnt one of my fav. avengers but god i will miss her.

Avengers: The Initative
Crusader! They killed the most freaking awesome character of the initative. I knew it was coming but i was kinda secretly hoping that events would turn out to some other way.

Dreamon on

• Dr. JeebusDr. Jeebus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There was a lot of good stuff this week, you should just branch out beyond the Secret Invasion stuff. If you're a Marvel fan, the Garth Ennis Punisher War Zone is good.

Dr. Jeebus on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My comic shop got half its shipment delayed for some reason until tomorrow, so I didn't get my full batch.

But what I did get was really good.

Spider-Man Noir
    Oh man, the Vulture is so wicked.

Lucascraft on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ffffffffuuuuuuck Hank Pym up his wife beating asshole.
    Blaming Tony for the skrull invasion? for janet's death? uggggh. ugggggggggggggh.

Sars_Boy on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why wouldn't he?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Blaming Tony for everything is getting pretty old. I mean, the Invasion would've happened regardless of what he did, and Janet was probably going to die no matter what.

Robos A Go Go on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Maybe, regardless, people in grief aren't exactly logical. Plus Hank has been in space and therefore, though it may seem old to us, it's all news to him.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited December 2008
    Maybe, regardless, people in grief aren't exactly logical. Plus Hank has been in space and therefore, though it may seem old to us, it's all news to him.

I'd actually thought that being kidnapped by Skrulls and replaced with a Skrull who killed his ex-wife would lead him to more easily blame them, not his longtime friend and colleague.

Also, who was that woman with Norm at the end?

And when Thor says Jan is in Valhalla, does he mean that literally?

Robos A Go Go on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jan supported Tony. Hank probably would have too.

It's also been shown that without Tony, the Skrulls only come earlier.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Blaming Tony for the skrull invasion? for janet's death? uggggh. ugggggggggggggh.
    Man I can't blame him for that at all.
    Dude just had a few years of his life taken away, in which some of his best friends and his wife die, the whole order of things is thrown into chaos and pretty much every average Joe hates him. He was told about what happened in one car ride by Carol, so from that brief summary blaming Tony for what happened isn't too far of a leap.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wasn't Pym shacking up with a college chick and broken up with Wasp when the Skrulls captured him? I can see being upset she died, but it was more of 'that bitch, should have slapped her harder' divorce type of relationship at that point wasnt it? Seems more like a reason to hate on Tony than anything else. And with the amount of fuck ups by pym over the years, dude should be comforting Tony for taking some of the flak he usually gets.

KVW on
    edited December 2008
    They had a dysfunctional relationship, but they did care about each other deeply.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's so annoying to read anything with Hawkeye in it. Instead of Clint, I keep reading that other word.

TeaSpoon on
    edited December 2008
    Iron Man was gooooood.

Sars_Boy on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Favorite moment: Spider-man Noir

Holy fuck, the ending.

TeaSpoon on
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I believe this qualifies as 'late to the party' but my moment(s) of the week is:

Reading Revenge of the Green Lantern followed by Sinestro Corps Vol 1 and 2

projectmayhem on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Initiative
    Grasshopper! No! It can't be you!!!

hell, pretty much the whole GLI part was awesome

Diablo Fett on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    So WTF with 3D man? He looked like some kind of sadistic, deadpool style killer at the end there and took out a hero as well.

DarkWarrior on
  • Dr. JeebusDr. Jeebus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    My comic shop got half its shipment delayed for some reason until tomorrow, so I didn't get my full batch.

Spider-Man Noir

Wait, Spider-Man Noir was actually good? I just skipped over it because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sucks on the delay though, although all our copies of Thunderbolts were delayed slightly, but we had them by the time we opened yesterday.

Dr. Jeebus on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Besides what other people have said, I'd think it would be totally in line with Pym to blame other people. Sure, he could blame the skrulls, but they're out of the picture. With Tony he has someone that is always around to make him feel better (in a sense) about the situation.

Plus everyone else was blaming Tony and he would ride waves like that just to be liked.

Langly on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I laughed so effing hard at the end of Initiative.

Crimsondude on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Hank smacked Jan once, and it was when he was crazy. And also she helped him get extra crazy by exploiting his craziness to trick him into marrying her.

And with "crazy" I mean actually completely legally insane due to accidental inhalation of harmful chemicals.

Jan had it coming. Also she's had worse, she's a superhero.

Spectre-x on
    edited December 2008
    Spex I got no beef with Janet getting beat on

I just added that for flair

Sars_Boy on
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So Spider-Man Noir was good? I'm hitting the shop today and I was thinking of skipping it after the pure concentrated blah that was X-Men Noir.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it was good.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Holy fuck, the ending.

Yeah I about shit myself right there.

I also liked Iron Man this week.
    Norman's first search: Spider-Man. No results
    Daredevil, Ronin, no results. All listings? Iron Man - Tony Stark.

Fuck you, Norman.

Me Too! on
    edited December 2008
    Dr. Jeebus wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Spider-Man Noir

Wait, Spider-Man Noir was actually good? I just skipped over it because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sucks on the delay though, although all our copies of Thunderbolts were delayed slightly, but we had them by the time we opened yesterday.

How does it not make sense? It's the first issue, it's all exposition. X-Men Noir, while not being great, had a little more "what" to it, but this was just HERE IS HOW SHIT WORKS IN NOIR-MARVEL

Me Too! on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Holy fuck, the ending.

Yeah I about shit myself right there.

I also liked Iron Man this week.
    Norman's first search: Spider-Man. No results
    Daredevil, Ronin, no results. All listings? Iron Man - Tony Stark.

Fuck you, Norman.
    Wait, what?
    Spider-man was registered, AND he unmasked for a time.

The Muffin Man on
    edited December 2008
    That is what happened, but now no one remembers the details. As I understand it, they know he unmasked, but no one knows who he was and or can't remember who he was.

It's complicated.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Plus he wiped the database.

DarkWarrior on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That is what happened, but now no one remembers the details. As I understand it, they know he unmasked, but no one knows who he was and or can't remember who he was.

It's complicated.
    I really wish they'd stop dragging their ass and just explain what happened.

The Muffin Man on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

It's complicated.
    They have to figure it out, first

Fencingsax on
    edited December 2008
    It's just a two page comic with "It's MAgic" spread across it in a big fancy font similar to the "OBJECTION" one used in Phoenix Wright.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2008
    Plus he wiped the database.

Yeah that's kind why I used the spoiler box there dude, maybe you should do the same!

Also, fuck all y'all I honestly don't care if they take another couple of months getting to the identity thing. Call me crazy, but I like having something to build towards as opposed to GUYS HERE'S WHAT YOU KNOW AND ALSO HERE IS HOW IT IS RATIONALIZED IN UNIVERSE BOY ISN'T THIS FUN ALL THIS EXPOSITION

Me Too! on
    edited December 2008
    Unless you read your spoiler you have no idea what the hell my spoiler means.

DarkWarrior on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It's complicated.
    They have to figure it out, first

That stuff is supposed to be revealed in the big Character Assassination arc that starts soon.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Unless you read your spoiler you have no idea what the hell my spoiler means.

I've been bitched at for less, use the damn box since that's a pretty big plot point.

Me Too! on
    edited December 2008
    I'll use your blasted box. But I won't like it.

DarkWarrior on
  • Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah Norman's First search being spider-man was pretty awesome

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
    edited December 2008
    Speaking of Spider-Man, I was hoping there'd be something a little more sinister about Harry's resurrection.

Maybe he was just lying to Peter, though. I mean, it didn't really make sense.
    For those who're wondering, it turns out that Harry only temporarily died, but was then resurrected by the Goblin serum. Then Norman switched the bodies, took Harry to Europe, and then convinced him he had a drug addiction and needed to undergo rehab, away from the public eye. As a result, he apparently didn't notice that the world thought he was dead.

When he finally did, several months or even years later (it's unclear), he just comes back to the US and says, "Hey guys!"

Robos A Go Go on
    edited December 2008
    I hope we see more Spider-Man as written by Fraction. The previous IIM issue and that SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN annual from last year were both highly awesome.

Fraction needs to write more books.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg