As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Multiplayer games

TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
Hey all,

Question for you guys. Back in the day I was a huge fan of "Spellborn the Nexus Conflic" and Magestorm which were both games run by Mythic studios for years.

Those closed a few years ago, and I was really partial to the magical FPS/Level up system. It had its flaws but I loved it.

I played Dark Messiah multiplayer recently, and while it gave off the right vibe, it just didn't quite mesh with me, but games of that sort are what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any popular games that might fit this type of description? I'd be grateful

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
FFXIV: Tchel Fay
Nintendo ID: Tortalius
Steam: Tortalius
Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
Tcheldor on

• Options
    CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You could check out Savage 2. I'm not familiar with either game you listed, but it's sort of similiar to Dark Messiah being a FPS with magic and swords... but it also has guns.

Some people have trouble liking it for various flaws, but overall it's a pretty decent experience, especially if you really get into it. Plus it's free.

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There was a game based on the Wheel of Time books which was pretty fun. The multiplayer involved setting traps in your citadel, then trying to invade the citadels of others in a CTF-style game.

It was rated 10 on Gamespy's "Most underrated games of all time" list. I don't know if you'd still be able to find it, though, as it was released in 1999.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hexen 2 was always a blast to play but good luck finding a server, since there's no server browser and despite my best efforts I couldn't find anyone hosting a server by browsing the web. If you could get some friends together though it could be fun, there were several mods and custom maps and things for it.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You said "magic" and "FPS" and I thought "Shadowrun"

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me