As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why does my ipod nano hate videos?

ForarForar #432Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I asked a few weeks ago for advice as to how I might put videos on my ipod (8 gig nano), got a few helpful responses, and now I have all that I wanted on my ipod. Which is awesome.

My new problem is this; the videos won't automatically advance. Whether I play them from a video playlist or from the "movie" directory of the ipod, they do one of two things; loop the same video until I go into the menu and select another, or stop and require me to advance the selector to the next video and hit start.

While this isn't a big deal when I've got The Dark Knight (thank you, special edition free download) running, it's a bit annoying in -20C weather when I need to take off my glove to get the ipod to advance due to a protective case, and it happens every five minutes with shorter clips.

Oddly, Itunes behaves exactly like I want it to; I open playlist or movie section, hit play, and it cheerfully advances to the next movie just fine.

Any idea on how I can make my actual ipod behave like itunes?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
Forar on

• Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would imagine that you have to create a playlist in itunes with the wanted video files in it, and then sync the playlist to your ipod. I don't have itunes installed on this machine, but I imagine that would do what you want.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've got one created on itunes and synched with the ipod, but I'll make sure everything's in place and give that a try again tonight.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There might be some settings under video playback in itunes. I'd check that out. Other than that I don't know.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg