As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAXicans in AZ

Labrack2401Labrack2401 Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in PAX Archive
Hey this is Labrack AKA: James, and I recently moved from Seattle, WA to Scottsdale, AZ and I wanted to see if there were any PAXicans in the Scottsdale, or AZ area. If so I wanted to get together for some gaming/discussion.

email: labrack2401@live.com
xboxlive: labrack2401

I really want to get a community going down here in AZ, so let me know if you are interested.

-Labrack

Labrack2401 on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Why did you move to AZ?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    my bet would be the 6 inches sitting on the ground outside, and i'm not referring to any detachable genitalia!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well I moved here for school, but I also have family here; but yes in hindsight, I believe that leaving before December was one of the best choices I made this year, I don't think I would have ever gotten out during the blizzards rolling through there. I saw a picture of my old neighborhood, and my friend had made a 8.5ft tall, two room igloo, if you understand how much snow that is then, you get why driving would have been hard. It was cold here in Scottsdale this morning: 65 degrees. LOL

Labrack2401 on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There's me, RCars2, and a guy who goes by Alt_Alt on twitter that I know of.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Thats cool, thanks, do you live near Scottsdale, do any of the others that you know of?

Labrack2401 on
  • Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    *waves*

my husband and I live over in Laveen (southwest phx)... there are a couple of LAN groups around town, but it's been a couple years since we've gone to one. www.lancamp.org is one of them if you're interested - they're a good group of guys :^: Not sure if any of them go to PAX, but they do support child's play :whistle:

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Nice, thanks for the info, I will go check them out.

Labrack2401 on
  • Options
    Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yo Labrack. Your GT was on my 360 friends list for the longest.. I'm actually in Phoenix.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    Stevo 22Stevo 22 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Heyo! I'm in Scottsdale just south of Old Town, make regular trips to Tempe or North Scottsdale (Cave Creek and such). I'm usually playing Halo 3 (it has been AGES), Call of Duty 4, Left 4 Dead, Soul Calibur 4, Rock Band 2 and LOTRO. Also interested in getting into the whole D&D thing but not really sure where to start. I like both gaming and discussion. Are we talking 21 and over crowd here or no?

Stevo 22 on
    "It's do or die." "Hey, I've died twice."
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    OMG that is so awesome dude, I remember meeting you at PAX two years ago, I didn't remember that you lived here, well Ill get on live soon, I think you might still be there, if not you should ad me again, or I you

Labrack2401 on
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sorry I missed New Years. Next Party here Monterey area or North, I'll be there.
    Utterly!

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh wow. Hey! I should get on the forums more often.

I'm Mat (Alt_Alt on the Twitter, GentlmanScholar on live) And I'm in Central Phoenix, near Biltmore.

Where are you going to school? There's plenty of gamers down here, especially if you're going to ASU or make your way into the Tempe area. I just finished up there a year ago and there's always some tourney or party going on.

Now that I have a job and a bit of spare cash I've been throwing most of it at my PC, so if you ever need a TF2 buddy or an AoE3 rival, let me know!

AltDelete on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No big deal Neuroslice, you obviously had your own shit going on. It was a good get together though, too bad you missed it.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'll be at the next Party up there.
    But I don't know if that's a PAX Party or not.
    It's at Mike's place though.

I'm not gonna miss another one!
    Whether it's a PAX Party or not.
    Mike lives like 45 minutes away from me, and we've never hung out other than PAX. lol.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    TipistTipist Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm in AZ, although I'm about 2.5 - 3 hours south of Phoenix. I'm in the military stationed down at Fort Huachuca. I'm also on twitter as @tipist.

Tipist on
This discussion has been closed.