As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's drink to Hybridzerg, guys.

Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
Hey gang, I've got some really shitty news.

AKBowmans wrote:
Hello -

My son, Joshua Bowman (aka Hybridzerg for gaming and your site and jacensolo00 for video posts), passed away on October 29th. Your site was something he was on often for long period of time and obviously really enjoyed. The Secret Santa gift exchange was something that he was jazzed about. He posted an awesome Blow Me Away/Star Wars video clip on YouTube that I thought you'd all enjoy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j29cbQIfVM) plus we created a web site in his memory, www.akbowmans.com. If possible, could you please have someone start a forum with this info. My e-mail address is [removed]. Please send your reply to that address. Thanks.

Christopher Bowman

Looks like G&T's lost another forumer, and we didn't even hear about it for three months. :(

Post your thoughts here, and anybody who wants to really get in touch with Hybridzerg's family should email his parents at the addresses provided through the website they created at www.akbowmans.com (I'd prefer not to post addresses here due to the thread of spambots acquiring them).

Captain K on

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thats rough, and even though I never really knew him, it's always tough to lose a community member.

My condolences to his family.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It always sucks when we lose one of our own.
    I hope for the best for his family.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's nice to know his family took the time to tell us all; I imagine it's difficult enough for them, without bringing it up to silly internet strangers.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/member.php?u=22199
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=22199
    Hybridzerg wrote: »
    I suppose since the thread has been resurrected i can post my experience with ruckus. I started using it a few weeks ago and really like it so far. Their music selection is pretty damn nice for a free service and downloads are quick. The only things I don't like are their player/website (clunky and full of ads) and incompatability with ipods and such. I was planning on buying this legal program called tunebite that seems to be able to convert protected wmas into mp3 or whatever format you want, the demo converted the first minute of several songs quickly and easily, so you could import all of the stuff you download to itunes and bypass both of these objections.

:(

KiTA on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Our prayers and condolences to his family and friends. :( May God comfort you all through this time.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's nice to know his family took the time to tell us all; I imagine it's difficult enough for them, without bringing it up to silly internet strangers.

I'm not surprised we didn't hear for several months. I lost my mom about a year ago and I never could have imagined how long it would take my sister and I to sort through all her affairs.

Captain K on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh holy shit. Hybridzerg... This is such sad news. I really wish I hadn't read this thread. I'd assumed that he was probably swamped with holiday stuff as I hadn't seen him in a while.

...That video was really good too.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Motherfuck.

Why do we keep losing people.

Khavall on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2009
    He was a really great guy, we'll all miss him a lot. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help you out.

Tube on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    :shock:

Rent on
  • Options
    CrazybearCrazybear Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, he has Wrex as his gamer picture, and was playing Dead Space and Gears of War.

I would have like to played a game with him. :(

I bet we would have had alot of fun on Gears.

My thoughts are with his family.

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My sympathies to his family. :(

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Um.

Whoa.

This guy went to my (quite small) school.

Wow.

I never met him, but this makes this news a lot closer to home. I wish the best for his family.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Damn, this sucks.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aww, man. This fucking blows. Like someone said before, it always sucks to lose one of our own. :(

YardGnome on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *holds up glass*

This one's for you, Hybridzerg.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    AKBowmans wrote:
    The Secret Santa gift exchange was something that he was jazzed about.

Well damn, he was my Santee last year. I remember he was quite excited about participating, entered just before the deadline but got right to work with his gifting. After all that stalking, found out he was a very pleasant guy and seemed to have plans for school and such ahead.

My sincere condolences to the Bowman family and thanks for letting us know.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    AKBowmans wrote:
    The Secret Santa gift exchange was something that he was jazzed about.

Well damn, he was my Santee last year. I remember he was quite excited about participating, entered just before the deadline but got right to work with his gifting. After all that stalking, found out he was a very pleasant guy and seemed to have plans for school and such ahead.

My sincere condolences to the Bowman family and thanks for letting us know.

Goddamn

Khavall on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thank you for informing us, Mrs. Bowman, I appreciate your openness and offer my condolences. Your son truly was a wonderful person in all aspects of his life, and your website devoted to him is a fitting tribute.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Our prayers and condolences to his family and friends. :( May God comfort you all through this time.

Ditto on this.

Sad to hear of any community member leaving.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    :cry: Why must we always lose those around us?!

yalborap on
  • Options
    Zealous OneZealous One Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My sincere condolences; it's never easy hearing about news like this. Our thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family, Hybridzerg.

Zealous One on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I didn't really know him, but I express my condolences to the family.

It sucks to know that someone just like us won't be back to post again.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd like to thank Mr Bowman for notifying us and my sympathy goes out to the family.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I appreciate the news being brought to us. And I'm sorry. I'm also sorry because I'm usually at a loss for what to say in these situations.

Henroid on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    19 years old?

oh god that is horrendous

Nuzak on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's never easy taking this kind of news even with such a large PA Community.

My deepest condolences. He seemed like such a talented kid.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That's awful.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Spacehog85Spacehog85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    Let's say you have been warned in advance of your unavoidable death.

Today is the day you die.

You've already lived out your wildest fantasies, said your tearful goodbyes, and carefully settled/completely wasted your life's savings and estate.

Now you just have time for one final meal before the time comes.

What do you want it to be?

I think I'd have a big plateful of warm, soft chocolate chip cookies. Or barbeque pork ribs and mashed potatoes. Or both.

Heres to hoping he is enjoying the biggest plate of choclate chip cookies with a side of ribs and potatoes ever.

Condolences to his family.

Spacehog85 on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I was going to send this guy an invite over live right now for Gears 2.

Man that's a real shame, I used to play Gears with him every now and again, and he seemed like a nice guy. Always a pleasure to play with.

My deepest condolences.

Leitner on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Spacehog85 wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    Let's say you have been warned in advance of your unavoidable death.

Today is the day you die.

You've already lived out your wildest fantasies, said your tearful goodbyes, and carefully settled/completely wasted your life's savings and estate.

Now you just have time for one final meal before the time comes.

What do you want it to be?

I think I'd have a big plateful of warm, soft chocolate chip cookies. Or barbeque pork ribs and mashed potatoes. Or both.

Heres to hoping he is enjoying the biggest plate of choclate chip cookies with a side of ribs and potatoes ever.

Condolences to his family.

This is the saddest thing. These threads always feel so strange, but something like this really gets to me.

My condolences to his family and friends.

elevature on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, man. I can't say I ever knew him, but it is still such a sad thing.

I wish his family the best.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was wondering why I recognized his tag... fellow Alaskan PAers are pretty rare I guess.

Sorry to hear about this, and my condolences.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, this is heartbreaking - only 19 years old and seemed to be dealing with a lot of stuff at once. I contemplated suicide myself once and it takes a lot just to even seriously think such things, I know I felt that I couldn't rid myself of the pain I had any other way and didn't truly see an alternative... luckily I had a really great friend that ended up being very hurt by learning of what I wished to do and that snapped me out of it, seeing that I was being pretty selfish and thinking of only myself. I can't begin to imagine what he was going through, but I do have perhaps a slight idea as to how he may have felt. Words can't really describe such things to any type of satisfaction to those involved..

My heart goes out to his family and whoever knew him and talked with him in any form or fashion and am at least glad that (according to the site) that the family has mostly gotten past the whys and have at least found strength in their conviction in God in this dark time.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm out of Vodka. Why do I read this thread when I am out of Vodka?

This is terribly sad.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My god, I just realized it was a suicide.

I just... god.

KiTA on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    My god, I just realized it was a suicide.

I just... god.

Same here, now that I've had more time to explore the website, which seems to be a superb tribute to Josh.

I cannot pretend to know what the family is going through.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *pours a double shot of rum in his coke, tips it to the ceiling*

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh god, this is horrible :(

My condolences go out.

zanmatto on
  • Options
    LukinLukin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, this really makes me think. I have so many people I consider to be dear, close friends but I only know them online. How would they know if something were to happen to me? One of those plans that nobody really wants to make, but we all probably should.

Lukin on
    cancer.jpg
This discussion has been closed.