As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 2/07/07

2»

• Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    Those X23 pages are terrible

Man, WHAT? No sane person can look at that sequence and come up with what you did. It's like you hate anything that's awesome.

Or, you know, you hate anything that's Marvel. :roll:

or maybe I don't like comics that suck

admit it, X23 was created so Wolverine fanboys could masturbate over him without feeling gay

So by this logic Mary Marvel was created so Captain Marvel fanboys could masturbate over him and feel like pedophiles.

You are a dumb.

NOPE! X23 is the only one whose only reason is that. Hell, she was introduced as some emo jail bait, wake up
    She was introduced in the comics to create synergy with the TV Show. The TV X-23 was on Kid's WB, so she did exhibit any of the darker qualities of the current incarnation.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The spread in New Avengers with um...all the New Avengers looking awesome.

The end of Friendly Neighbor Hood Spiderman turned my head.

Also. WTF BLACK COSTUME NO EXPLANATION YET.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I only bought three comics this week, and one was a back issue, so I don't have any moments that haven't been mentioned yet.

What I do have is this awesome page from Dr. McNinja. Oh Doctor, the situations you get yourself into.

And hey, since I'm posting webcomics already, how about this page from Shortpacked? I always wanted to see this same situation addressed in the show.

Munch on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

Man, WHAT? No sane person can look at that sequence and come up with what you did. It's like you hate anything that's awesome.

admit it, X23 was created so Wolverine fanboys could masturbate over him without feeling gay

So by this logic Mary Marvel was created so Captain Marvel fanboys could masturbate over him and feel like pedophiles.

You are a dumb.

NOPE! X23 is the only one whose only reason is that. Hell, she was introduced as some emo jail bait, wake up

Actually I have to agree that it's true for most of them. Tons of male characters have been turned into chick versions: Batgirl, Supergirl, Spider-Girl, X-23, Nocturne, American Dream, Ravager, Stature, etc.

How many female characters have been followed up by males? Power Boy? heh.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

Actually I have to agree that it's true for most of them. Tons of male characters have been turned into chick versions: Batgirl, Supergirl, Spider-Girl, X-23, Nocturne, American Dream, Ravager, Stature, etc.

What about women who take over previously man roles? Like the new Red Bee, Judomaster, and Manhunter?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

Wiccan is kind of like a male Scarlet Witch.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

It's not to "jerk off over"

it's so girls can "relate"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote:

Wait wait wait, back up. Fanboys want to masturbate to Giant-Man/Goliath?

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's obvious why there are female "rip-off" characters and not male ones (or very few male ones).

Back in the "good old days" Man dominated society while women knew their place which was pregnant and in the kitchen.

Times have changed and as a result hack comic book writers make female equivalents of male characters. You know, instead of using a single braincells worth of imagination and making origional female characters.

The more you know.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

It's not to "jerk off over"

it's so girls can "relate"

SHUT UP HE ONLY LIKES GOOD COMICS YOU'RE GAY FAGGOT WOLVERINE FANBOY.

[spoiler:7640521d42]Also, that whole scene is awesome. And I fucking hate X-23.[/spoiler:7640521d42]

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote:

Wait wait wait, back up. Fanboys want to masturbate to Giant-Man/Goliath?

...Giant-Man has fans?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Superheroines who wear skintight costumes and have physics defying breasts sell, plain and simple. For verification please see sales charts of:

Gen-13
    Lady Death
    Vampirella
    Supergirl

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    What about women who take over previously man roles? Like the new Red Bee, Judomaster, and Manhunter?

White Tiger and Quasar, motherfuckers. :winky:

And, in reverse, Ronin (well, technically, even if Echo was crossdressing).

Also, it is a crime for people to talk about superheroines with skintight outfits and gravity defying breasts without mentioning Power Girl. A god damned crime.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Something I'm wondering about Power Boy. Since Power Girl's defining physical characteristic is her gigantic breasts, would Power Boy have a colossal dong? And if so, would it rival Captain Marvel's?

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ringo wrote:
    Superheroines who wear skintight costumes and have physics defying breasts sell, plain and simple. For verification please see sales charts of:

Gen-13
    Lady Death
    Vampirella
    Supergirl

Seriously, how can you leave Power Girl out? She's the damn poster girl for inhumanly large breasts on a superheroine. And I love her for it. And I love the way Adam Hughes draws her.

On topic: now that I've finished this week's comics, I nominate [spoiler:aa37c435d6]the universe's most awkward hug in Ultimate Spidey #105.[/spoiler:aa37c435d6]

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

I haven't been reading DC that long, as far as I knew those were the originals, never heard of the old ones.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Briareos wrote:
    Ringo wrote:

Gen-13
    Lady Death
    Vampirella
    Supergirl

Seriously, how can you leave Power Girl out? She's the damn poster girl for inhumanly large breasts on a superheroine. And I love her for it. And I love the way Adam Hughes draws her.

On topic: now that I've finished this week's comics, I nominate [spoiler:f4dbbe31d3]the universe's most awkward hug in Ultimate Spidey #105.[/spoiler:f4dbbe31d3]

I was thinking more 90's era boobs because they were so prevalent during that period. Powergirl's been around forever so it's hard to characterize her book as purely eye candy.

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ringo wrote:
    Briareos wrote:
    Ringo wrote:

Gen-13
    Lady Death
    Vampirella
    Supergirl

On topic: now that I've finished this week's comics, I nominate [spoiler:60de495946]the universe's most awkward hug in Ultimate Spidey #105.[/spoiler:60de495946]

I was thinking more 90's era boobs because they were so prevalent during that period. Powergirl's been around forever so it's hard to characterize her book as purely eye candy.

She doesn't have a book. Well, not a solo book, and I don't think she's part of Birds of Prey any longer. Were you only referring to heroines that have their own books (or star in a team book)?

I don't think boobs "were so prevalent during the 90s" as opposed to any other period. You can look at comic books from the thirties and see that even back than the women were drawn with gravity-defying, humongous boobs. Men don't change much, and mostly men draw comic books even today.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well I guess that makes my point for me. Powergirl might be the ultimate representation of giant racks as a sales device, but without a current book of her own, those four books I named make the most obvious choice because they were specifically created to follow that model.

But really, Boobs sell comics. Plus, like in wrasslin', it helps to offset the effect of "Big burly men pounding each other" as a valid description of our interest.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Heh, She-Hulk.

"I've got better things to do than chase after Juggernaut's sloppy seconds."

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, you didn't even use last week's "moment" thread

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2007
    I don't have a problem with creating a new moment of the week thread every week. I don't even care who does it!

But don't bump old ones. New threads are fine here, guys, don't be afraid to make one if you see a need.

And if there isn't, I'll let you know and lock it.

Like this!

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.