Options

Monthly Comics Spending (i.e. Wallet Rapage)

2»

• Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thanks guys

Now I don't feel so bad about spending the 25 to 30 a month on comics.

Newtron on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I am planning to spend more money than I care to divulge on comics tomorrow.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Newtron wrote:
    Thanks guys

Now I don't feel so bad about spending the 25 to 30 a month on comics.

Man, I'm spending $30 tomorrow. It's the first Wednesday of the month.

My wallet is so boned. :oops:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm spending about $10.

The little amount of comics is offset by several video games and lots of action figures.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    I am spending like $12 because what the fuck, Trials of Shazam is delayed again

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thanks to you guys and Borders/Waldenbooks I can keep up with the world of comics without draining my wallet for books I like to read but have no reason to own (that covers most of DCU and 616 Marvel).

All that saved money goes to buying Ultimate trades, really awesome Elseworld trades, and occasionally some trades of my favorite characters. (Nightwing: Year One woo! Still hate that costume though)

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    silkypeasilkypea Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    A few months ago I was getting 10-15 titles a month. I've completly quit getting single issues. Not because I don't like them but i'm making a transition to college soon and to a whole new city so i don't want to miss out for awhile so I found good stopping points. Now i just buy one trade a week. It's cool. I get caught up on the old shit i want to read. Once the stuff i'm missing comes out in trade i'll buy it. Then i'll completly start over and see what stuff i want to start up buying again. I realized trades aren't a bad way to go because alot of times i would end up spending money on comics runs then it would get in a bad spot i would keep getting it and it would never get better. I hated that.

silkypea on
    from the bottom of the bottle to the top of the throne
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I spend $0/mo., and read whatever my single comics-owning friend says is good, or whatever he has that you guys say is good.

The only comics I own are Absolute Sandman (good Christmas present) and Calvin & Hobbes (from my childhood). I'm thinking of picking up the Dark Tower comic, though.

skippydumptruck on