As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird Error

4242 Registered User regular
This happened while I was at school, using IE.
Link for the H scroll
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/CardboardSword/forumerroratschool.jpg

sig.pl?42
42 on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, I get that error once or twice a day. Nothing rampant. It is easily fixed by refreshing the page. It happens on the indexes of the forum sections too, so the topics get scrunched up into a tiny column.

Henroid on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I get that, too. Sometimes it get's even worse and the forums look like a chessboard. But I think this only happens if the transfer of the page was not complete, so it's not really an error

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Ender the XenocideEnder the Xenocide Registered User new member
    edited April 2005
    I thought it was my computer being near death when mine started doing that...phew.

Ender the Xenocide on
    sensor29rp.gif
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    It has happened to me as well. Not many times though.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I used to be able to do that kind of stuff on purpose :(

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Part of me thinks that our caching program squid is getting upset with me. Thats the only reason I can think of.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    JasonJason Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    It wouldnt be squid reliant.
    Squid doesnt cache the forums because of the fact that they are too dynamic (ie new posts change the page)

More than likely it comes from the server being crunched on and killing the connection or an error in the connection stream not sending the correct html and causing the webbrowser to not render it correctly.

But thats only my guess.... I dont know much, in fact I am only a simple idiot.

But as mentioned above Refresh or f5 should fix the problem.

Jason on
    Do you pay attention to all those signs at the gas pump telling you to to make sure your car, cell phone, PDA, pacemaker, etc. are all turned off before you start pumping?
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    What's weird is it doesnt happen if you bypass squid. But regardless, since it is damn near impossible to duplicate, Im going to have to say, just refresh :wink:

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    this happens to me about two or three times a day. But it'll happen constantly for about 5 minutes straight before finally fixing itself.

Xieflow on