As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting around in Seattle

2»

• Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    spinal77 wrote: »
    Man i've never even HEARD of any of these chains before heh...All we have out here are like McD's, Burger King, Hardee's (Carl's Jr.), and Wendys(my place of choice). If you wanted to sample one quick place for fast food, thats easy to get to, which is it, Dicks or Fatburger?

You have a Five Guys and also a Cheeburger near you. GO NOW!!!

MaoChan on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Man i've never even HEARD of any of these chains before heh...All we have out here are like McD's, Burger King, Hardee's (Carl's Jr.), and Wendys(my place of choice). If you wanted to sample one quick place for fast food, thats easy to get to, which is it, Dicks or Fatburger?

We have a Five Guys too, nothing can touch them.

And you guys keep bringing up Chili's, are we talking abou the same place? Fake southwestern restraunt in league with TGIF's? I'm not familiar with anyone considering this place a burger joint.

redhalo on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    The Five Guys up here is alright, but the patties are so oddly shaped it makes them difficult to eat.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    spinal77spinal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »

Oh i've been to those. I thought we were talking fast food. I prefer five guys over cheeburger, their fries are better and they're cheaper. You must either have been around here before or know someone that lives here because I wouldn't expect someone from out of town to know either of those places heh.

spinal77 on
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @spinal77 I have been to both and it was through the magic of google maps that I found them when you said you had only McD's around, yuck.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    DarcDarc Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    caddyalan wrote: »
    I just checked Not For Tourists' site -- http://www.notfortourists.com -- and there are PDF maps there which should cover Seattle in detail. (I've used the site and its books for getting around Chicago, NYC, and Atlanta -- quite helpful.)

My main question -- if I end up near an airport hotel, will it be difficult to get to the con center and back? If cabs are needed, especially after dark or on weekends, then that could be an expensive tradeoff.

By bus, the airport hotel is 30-45 minutes from the convention center, and the busses that run that route don't operate between 1am and 6am. A cab ride is going to cost at least $20 if you're going to any hotel on 99 (Pacific Coast Highway). Honestly? Get a room downtown, or rent a car for the weekend.

Darc on
    There are 10 kinds of people; Those who read Binary, and Those who don't.

7Zd22nO.png
  • Options
    beowuffbeowuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you do rent a car, you'll also have to pay for parking. I'd say it's worth a little extra on the hotel to not have to worry about bus/car/parking/etc.

beowuff on
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Last year we just walked everywhere... even to Dicks and the Pre Pax dinner, but it wasn't that bad. We took the monorail twice just to get a couple things to fit in our schedule better, and of course a taxi at the end of the dinner because we were lazy :P

As for all this burger talk... In N Out still beats out all the rest... Probably one of the few things I'll miss when I leave to boston in september... at least it will make going to Pax EC a hell of a lot easier :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
This discussion has been closed.