Options

[STARCRAFT] Give me something to shoot.

SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Critical Failures
(I didn't see this thread, so I thought I'd make one)

StarcraftCover.jpg

STARCRAFT: THE BOARDGAME

Starcraft is Fantasy Flight Games' take on the RTS of the same name.

In Starcraft, players take control of a faction of 1 of 3 Races, and fight it out for galactic domination.
If you're familiar with the Blizzard Game of the same name, this is nothing new to you.

Starcraft is sort of a hybrid Risk. Players must not only conquer areas of planets, they must also manage resources, research new technologies to improve their army, and defeat their opponents in an interesting mini-card game that exists in the combat system.

[I will edit the OP more when I get time]

Anyway, I just bought this game this weekend, and my roommates and I absolutely love it. Two of them are enormous Starcraft fans, so that was a given. The other friend and I both only played the PC game casually, me a little more so than him, but we still found it extremely engaging. Being a fan already helps, but I think it could stand alone.

We've played twice so far, and both games were shorter than the expected time.

So yeah, anyone else play this?
(If not enough discussion warrants saving this thread, maybe I'll make a general FFG thread?)

Skullo on

• Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There's a boardgame thread, which may generate more discussion from the general boardgaming crowd who have either played it or heard it compared to other games. That might help.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ooooh. I'll close this and check in that thread. My bad.

Skullo on