Options

360Arcadians Live! Episode 12: Featuring Xbox Canada Community Manager, Jade

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
A special treat for all our Canadian listeners this week, Jade spills the beans on what's in store for 360 owners in the Great White North.

27/02/07
Jazz wrote:
Xbox Canada Community Manager, Jade, joins the Arcadians this week for a show about Hominids, Turtles, Canadians and suchlike.

360Arcadians Page, including RSS 2.0 and direct download
iTunes

Episode 12: We Heart Nunavut
ZOMG it's a girl! Xbox Canada Community Manager, the mysterious and awesome Jade, joins the Arcadians this week for what has to be the most out-of-order, chaotic show we've ever done. Stories of PSPs and European prices meld not-very-seamlessly into the usual show antics, this time involving XBLA awesome in the distinct packages of Alien Hominid (with trophies) and the classic TNMT arcade game; next month's Platinum Hits releases for the budget-conscious; and Peter Moore suggesting shocking things like "games should be fun". We also grill Jade about Xboxing in the Great White North, and delve into some more listener mail - wherein Xir gets called out (sort of) for his fury in last week's show. (1:14.28, 34.1MB)

Your hosts:
Mike "Xir" Todaro
Marcus "Jazz" Corrin
Ben "TheFid2" Fidler
Scott "Bamelin" Strickland
And this week's special guest star... the mysterious "Jade" from Xbox Canada.

No good outtakes for this show, so you only get a recording of a technical problem. It could be worse; two minutes after we finished the show, Skype took a burp, kicked us all and we couldn't get back on. So it's a bloody miracle this show even exists.

Break music this week, in keeping with the Canadian theme, is Between the Wheels by Toronto's favourite sons, Rush.

Bamelin on

• Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yes go Canada.

Yesx2 go X360 Arcadians.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I think the funniest part was the argument over how to pronounce Sega.

I'm always getting bashed because of my Canadian accent. =(

Bamelin on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bamelin wrote: »
    I think the funniest part was the argument over how to pronounce Sega.

I'm always getting bashed because of my Canadian accent. =(

Aw, you poor thing--

Oh wait, no. It's Bam.

You get what you deserve, Mr. Elin!

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    It's not my fault I'm the only one on the cast who can speak without mangling the English language. =D

Bamelin on
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    They pronounce Sega differently in the states? Now I'm feeling all self-conscious.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Here's the thing,

Ben was trying to prove that it's only ME that pronounces it wrong. I've claimed all along it's an accent thing.

Jade said it the way I do proving me right. =)

Bamelin on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's not my fault I'm the only one on the cast who can speak without mangling the English language. =D

If you want to get technical, Jazz is the one doing the english language justice.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I always pronounce it the way that the games themselves pronounce it. Minus the singing voice.

Say-gaaa!

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Karf wrote: »

If you want to get technical, Jazz is the one doing the english language justice.

lol, so true.

Really I have no right to be complaining about Canada's woe's when it comes to the marketplace ...

Look at poor Europe and Australia. They get screwed even worse than Canada.

Still, I want me some Video Marketplace, Platinum Cards, and crappy Reward Programs. It's the principle of the thing.

Bamelin on