As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e Game] The Guild - "Ben Darkmagic? Of the New Hampshire Darkmagics?"

13»

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "What can I do for you, Issac? Would you like some water? What about your family? Are you all alone in this world, now?"

streever on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hm. I'm thinking this idea is going to fail miserably. :lol: Apparently letting things get a little more freeform just kills a PbP game.

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ha ha ha ha! It's tough because you set up significant challenges with no suggestion for resolving them: I think we've come up with some pretty neat solutions. I don't think we've killed the game, but I do think we've gone outside of what you had planned? I can't speak for all of us, but I think we've all indicated that we're happy to follow your concept, you just have to push us in the right direction :). The challenges I saw were: combat light game--have to avoid detection while gathering information--spies are possibly everywhere & the nigh insurmountable foe is on the look-out for us--we don't know where any of the info we need is. So, I decided to try and resolve those challenges by reducing the danger of detection, while allowing me to walk around one of the suspect areas & talk to residents.

But of course I'm willing to do things differently if you want! You just have to give us some pointers. Maybe you've been dropping mad hints that we've all missed? but I right now see an obstacle in any direction I pick! No path seems to have less resistance, so I try to surprise you with a new twist, hoping to get through.

streever on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm more talking about the fact that I've posted and no one has really responded other than you. :p

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    ahhhh, sorry :D I mis-understood you completely. I wonder if they feel stymied? Light the lamps for us, that we may see :D! It doesn't hurt to give us a little direction.

streever on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for the incommunicado recently, I had exams cropping up the start of this week and was a bit more concerned about them than the game. I should be fine with posting until finals come up proper in a couple weeks now.

I'm trying to finish some last minute homework right now but after my next class I'll get Zir's butt in gear and make some post.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zir considers for a moment how to proceed, the man hardly looks like someone who'd work with the guard. After a barely perceptible pause, he decides a calculated risk is in order, and nods his hat at the stranger.

"Not as such, good sir, not as such. I am just... exploring." Zir sweeps his hand to take in the street they're on, "If I didn't know better, I'd say this neighborhood has fallen on even harder times than the rest of the city. You don't look like either a guard or a troublemaker so what brings you here?"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    incasincas Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    personally, I'm in a quandary myself. bladecruiser hasn't posted for ages, and while I suppose I could take care of everything, 's a little unfair of me to puppet him all the time.

that being said, I agree; we're sort of all over the place. perhaps less spying and more stabby-stealy things...

"P..Permit?" the young flower-seller looks about her uncertainly.
    Furtively Signalling to Mia behind her back- Get Ready For Anything. Run, Fight, Cry...

Bluff (31) to appear like a random ignorant young girl, Diplomacy (32) to figure out what the patroller wants and the best way to talk out of it.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2036868/

incas on