As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Replies and Views counters seem out of wack

AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
I was just looking in my User Panel, and it says that even though the Banjo Kazooie thread has 58 replies, it has 0 views. On the board itself, it says that it has one more view than posts. The RE5 thread also has less views than replies. Also, there are about 3 or 4 threads on the first page of G&T that have exactly one more view than replies. Also also, when I look at a thread that I've never looked at before, and then go back to the list of threads, it doesn't count any more views on it.
It's hardly a major issue, but I figured that it might be indicative of something going wrong, so maybe it's something you should know about.

AnteCantelope on

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TF2 thread in G&T also has the 0 views thing for me.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited April 2009
    Typically, the forum doesn't update the replies until a certain amount of time passes, but this looks like something a little more wonky than that. Very new threads are always out of whack though. It looks like only threads made between a week and two weeks ago are affected... or maybe none are marking views any more and those are the only ones you can actually tell.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It seems that whenever a new post is made in a couple of the forums (not sure if it's in all of 'em, but I've noticed it in the AC and in H/A)...the number of views is always just one more than the number of replies. I think this is relatively new, I've only noticed it over the past week or two.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It seems that whenever a new post is made in a couple of the forums (not sure if it's in all of 'em, but I've noticed it in the AC and in H/A)...the number of views is always just one more than the number of replies. I think this is relatively new, I've only noticed it over the past week or two.

I was just thinking of the thread maker viewing the thread, but that is weird.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Actually, it seems like threads that already existed are now staying at a static number of views.

Very odd!

NightDragon on