As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Win32:agent-bsu infection, it just won't die.

CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend has that pesky virus on her laptop and nothing I have suggested or found has been able to get rid of it and I'm not sure what else can be done, Kaspersky, Spybot Search and Destroy, you name it, everything has failed to beat this. Every time it appears to be gone, another scan is run and yup, there it is! It just will not die. Sadly she doesn't have all her CD's as well so can't just easily do a format the computer attempt right now and she's in the middle of a several thousand word essay so yeah, this isn't helping ya know?

Any ideas, solutions, tricks or otherwise is very much appreciated.

Cade on

• Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Write the paper in safe mode? Sometimes a format is really your best bet. I'm sure the nice folk here will have more insight for the problem itself though =)

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you have a valid windows key on the laptop you can borrow an OS cd from a friend and do a re-install with that. Just be sure that all the drivers that will be needed are available on the manufacturers site. Also if the key is illegible as often happens with laptops there are programs that you can get that will retrieve the product key from the OS

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    HoundxHoundx Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Try scanning in safe mode a few times. If that doesn't get rid of it, google hijackthis. Everything that I've been unable to remove automatically has been removable with hijackthis.

Houndx on