As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows 7: Now with improved Calculator!

1575859606163»

• Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys, what does it mean when all my Penny-Arcade tabs are pink?

Impersonator on
  • Options
    Epyon9283Epyon9283 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So I got the RC from technet. Anyone else having issues with Media Player forgetting it's library and reimporting everything? I was intrigued by Media Player's newfound ability to natively import/play aac audio so I moved my (non-drmed) music over from itunes to media player. It took forever to import/update media info on only 3000 songs. Anyway, I shut down my computer and the next day when I booted it and started media player my library was gone. It started importing it from scratch again. wtf?

Also, I tried moving some files over the network from my Mac using SMB (little else I can use from windows...). I was able to connect to the share, browse my files, but when I tried moving my pictures folder over (~30,000 files) Explorer just ignored me. Once it actually started transferring but the transfer window disappeared after a couple seconds without any error messages. After that it didn't do anything at all. I tried mapping the share as a network drive but it didn't make any difference. Then I tried xcopy from the command line. That got about 7000 files over before it errored out complaining about the name of a file that didn't actually exist (don't know where the hell it came up with it). I wound up having to share my user folder from win7 so I could connect from the Mac and transfer it over using the Finder. It was odd because I was able to move my music folder over from my Mac via Explorer without any issues.

Epyon9283 on
  • Options
    CL4usVALCACL4usVALCA Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys, what does it mean when all my Penny-Arcade tabs are pink?

If you are using IE, it means that it is color grouping all tabs that were opened from the same tab. It's just a visual reminder to show what tabs kind of belong to the original tab they were opened from. You can also manage those tab groups a little, for instance closing only the tabs that belong to that specific tab group.

CL4usVALCA on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jasconius on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Epyon9283 wrote: »
    So I got the RC from technet. Anyone else having issues with Media Player forgetting it's library and reimporting everything? I was intrigued by Media Player's newfound ability to natively import/play aac audio so I moved my (non-drmed) music over from itunes to media player. It took forever to import/update media info on only 3000 songs. Anyway, I shut down my computer and the next day when I booted it and started media player my library was gone. It started importing it from scratch again. wtf?

I'm not sure what WMP uses for it's library, but if there are registry keys involved, I know the upgrade process screws with the registry, some of my program trials got blown up as a result of upgrading. That could be it.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Epyon9283Epyon9283 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Epyon9283 wrote: »

I'm not sure what WMP uses for it's library, but if there are registry keys involved, I know the upgrade process screws with the registry, some of my program trials got blown up as a result of upgrading. That could be it.

This is a fresh install so nothing should have been upgraded.

Epyon9283 on
This discussion has been closed.