As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Recruit] Exalted: Infernals

• Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    One problem, Thanatos, is that your Resplendent Destinies don't do you a lick of good against anyone working in the Bureau of Destiny, and your status as being "outside fate" as an Akuma might set off all SORTS of bells there, but that's all ST discretion I suppose.

That's part of why I was so excited about Fasara getting Loom-snarling Deception and its upgrade.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    *reads about Loom-Snarling Deception, its upgrade, and Inner Devils Unchained*

Well, I know what I want next now.

"Do as I command or live out the rest of eternity as a slave demon. Your call."

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Loom-Snarling Deception is going to be one of Fasara's primary tools for manipulating people to his advantage. It's going to be fun.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    One problem, Thanatos, is that your Resplendent Destinies don't do you a lick of good against anyone working in the Bureau of Destiny, and your status as being "outside fate" as an Akuma might set off all SORTS of bells there, but that's all ST discretion I suppose.

but Resplendent Destinies make a Fate, at least.

Other Sidereals are blind to Resplendent Destinies though. Also, Loom-Snarling Deception!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Here's what I want to be able to do some day.

Shmuck: Man, I'm so busy! I wish I had a third arm.

*wish granted ala Scoured Perfection of Form/ Verdant Emptiness Endowment*

Shmuck: ONO! I'm a freak!

Me: I can take those away. Really.

Shmuck: I wish you would.

*Arm taken away*

Me: Congratulations! You now owe me two favors! I think I'll take your bank account and your wife.

Shmuck: No way!

Me: Fine.

*turns Shmuck into a demon ala Inner Devils Unchained*

Me: Enjoy eternity as my slave.

:D

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'd just impersonate him and sleep with his wife wife, impregnate her with a half-Caste, then come back years later and pretend their OTHER child was mine. Misery and rage for everybody!

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A bit harder to do since my character is female, but then again, I could make it so with Scoured Perfection of Form...

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A bit harder to do since my character is female, but then again, I could make it so with Scoured Perfection of Form...

That's when you impersonate the WIFE, have the baby, then put the wife back and force her to raise your demonbaby. *nod*

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah. I thought you meant impersonate the HUSBAND. Or at least impersonate the good parts.

/is shot

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah. I thought you meant impersonate the HUSBAND. Or at least impersonate the good parts.

/is shot

Theoretically you could develop some Charms that let you do both at once.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    but Resplendent Destinies make a Fate, at least.

Other Sidereals are blind to Resplendent Destinies though. Also, Loom-Snarling Deception!
    Yeah, I knew that.

Eldritch Secrets Mastery seems to imply that Loom-Snarling Deception doesn't prevent things from knowing you're a creature of darkness. And Eldritch Secrets Mastery wouldn't be available to me, as an Akume of She Who Lives In Her Name. Your call, though, INNS. If I could grab that to hide my nature, I'd totally do that.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I realized I hella fucked up on my character's charms. Should be fixed now. Sorcery was just going to cost me too much, though, so I ended up going with the Wyld-shaping charms. Constructive Convergence of Principles says that you're expressly allowed to use the first She Who Lives In Her Name Excellency when using it, but I'm guessing that's just a "you don't have to justify it" note, rather than a "it doesn't have to be in a Combo" thing, right?

Everything should be right with my character now, though. This is literally the most complicated character I've made for any game, ever. Still awesome, though.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I guess being unable to hide their Darknessness is a sad fact of life for Akuma of everyone but the Ebon Dragon. :x

The part about SWLIHN's Excellency in Constructive Convergence of Principles is just there to say that you can treat the Essence + Willpower roll as (Attribute + Ability), letting you add a number of dice equally to your base pool or half that in successes, etc.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I guess being unable to hide their Darknessness is a sad fact of life for Akuma of everyone but the Ebon Dragon. :x

The part about SWLIHN's Excellency in Constructive Convergence of Principles is just there to say that you can treat the Essence + Willpower roll as (Attribute + Ability), letting you add a number of dice equally to your base pool or half that in successes, etc.
    Yeah, that was my reading, too. Which is still fucking awesome.

And I'm pretty sure that spell from the Infernals book would do it, but only at Essence 5+. Meh, I'll live. I'll just have to be comforted by the army of demons I create.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Paranoia833Paranoia833 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

And I'm pretty sure that spell from the Infernals book would do it, but only at Essence 5+. Meh, I'll live. I'll just have to be comforted by the army of demons I create.

Indeed it is. You do kind of pay for the high accuracy with low damage though. Still against foes that don't tend to have hardness (or have high armour but low enough DVs that you can take the external penalty for using weapons with telekinesis) it's golden.

Paranoia833 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I'll have to rememeber to build a Charm to cloak other people's CoD status.

(why no, I would never use the threat of terminating that Charm while you're busy in Yu-shan as a manipulation tactic, why would you think such a thing?)

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Indeed it is. You do kind of pay for the high accuracy with low damage though. Still against foes that don't tend to have hardness (or have high armour but low enough DVs that you can take the external penalty for using weapons with telekinesis) it's golden.
    I think you're thinking of Mind-Hand Manipulation, which that is indeed the case for. I can always clinch, too, where I don't care as much about damage. Or pick up Mind-Hand Manipulation again, in which case I can forego two or more damage and sack a Willpower to cut off a limb or eye, which seems like a good way to deal with a heavily-armored opponent who I'm dealing minimum damage to.

Constructive Convergence of Principles is Wyld Cauldron Technology (well, the immediate pre-req for it, but if I take it again, it's Wyld Cauldron Technology) that works in Malfeas as if it were the Bordermarches, but instead of Intelligence + Lore, it's Willpower + Essence, which is fan-fucking-tastic when combined with the first Excellency that allows you to treat it as if it were Ability + Attribute (in my case, 28 dice if I put the mustard on it). It also says that you're explicitly allowed to make demons with the power, no one in Malfeas gives a shit, and they come into being with an Intimacy towards you (either like/respect or fear/respect, your choice). It's not quite as solid as binding them to you, but it's the next best thing. Especially when you can eat their soul if they get uppity.

Man, I'm excited for this game to start. I like this character way more than the Solar I was making, INNS, even if he is way more work. :P

I'm really liking the Infernals book. It's got some incredibly solid charms in here; I like the way they did it. Very different flavor from any of the other books; it's not so bad having to take one or two pre-req charms that you'll never use when you've got a tree of fifteen charms you get to with them, and you want all of them. Even most of the pre-reqs are decent.

I don't think I'm going to be spending any experience on abilities anytime soon; it's all gonna be charms. I want to pick up a few more Sidereal charms, too, like a couple of the Socialize ones (the "no one will ever love you" charm is great).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, Infernals is pretty fantastic and sets a bar for theme-styled charms as opposed to attribute/ability style charms. It really makes me look forwards to Alchemicals more and more.

Now, however, I'm just killing time while waiting for this game to start.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Same here. Dragon Age is keeping me quite occupied of late, as is NaNoWriMo. I'm actually really looking forward to this game. It's not often I get to play villains.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yeah, Infernals is pretty fantastic and sets a bar for theme-styled charms as opposed to attribute/ability style charms. It really makes me look forwards to Alchemicals more and more.

Now, however, I'm just killing time while waiting for this game to start.

When is Alchemicals supposed to come out? Amazon says December, is that accurate?

I am looking forward to watching this game. :x

<3

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I have no clue on the specific release date, as I haven't been following Exalted too closely since Malfeas hit.

But December sounds to be in the right ballpark. Let me do some digging.

EDIT: As usual, WW has no fixed release date, but it's slated for Q4 '09, so December seems likely.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Exalted discussion thread is here, guys. This is a game thread.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So I made less progress the past few days because on top of my test I broke up with my lady

But the show must go on

I'm shooting for late tonight, but it might be as late as tomorrow. :(

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm probably going to start everyone together for this, so it might seem a little forced for the intro. It's intentional, I guess. I'm thinking in media res or whatever. I'm trying to come up with something that all of your characters would be in on at once, or at least have some reason for working toward.

So I might god mode your characters a little bit to get things moving. :p

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Most, if not all of us have reason to be operating in and around Nexus.

And She Who Lives In Her Name knows we've got reason to be in Malfeas.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PbPs require a small amount of godmoding to prevent complete and total stalling.

So, y'know, I'm fine with that.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yay for godmoding!

And yeah- most of us have either a Motive or an Urge relating to Nexus. So going there or uniting for that would be a good idea.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    hotranhotran Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Huzzah for the GodModing.

hotran on
    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Be gentle. My mode can't take too much rigorous godding.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    can everyone say "calibration"

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    calibartion!

Wait, dammit.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I am writing the OP right now

It will be up before I go to bed, which will be tonight or so early tomorrow morning it might as well be tonight.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Man, no worries INNS.

Nights after exams/breakups should be spent getting wasted with friends, not writing up OPs for RPGs. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    after i broke up, i was talking to a different ex-girlfriend

i got an email from her with an activation link for 12 months of a suicide girls subscription

she said "think of it like flowers"

i pretty much came to the conclusion that if my long ex-girlfriends were more thoughtful than the girl i was breaking up with

it wasn't worth getting worried about anyway

in conclusion, the OP is almost ready.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    alright, done!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    INNS, do you have a problem with me owning a perfect seven-section staff (I can afford it)?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I do not have a problem with that at all

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Post tomorrow

I wrote most of one tonight but I can't seem to concentrate on it so

!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    INNS, can I start with a Resplendent Destiny? I'll roll it up, I just don't see why I wouldn't have had one prepped from pre-Calibration.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, there's no reason your character wouldn't have one (or more) destinies on hand.

INeedNoSalt on