As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I'd be really interested to hear the rational of "No Cola or gas cans!" to the melee only achievement when you can throw molotovs and actually do some dmg with them.

Did "Crunches" on Dead Center with bots, I was the one who had to pick up the cola, and gas cans. I got the achievement still.

At least I'm pretty sure I did it on DC

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'd be really interested to hear the rational of "No Cola or gas cans!" to the melee only achievement when you can throw molotovs and actually do some dmg with them.

Did "Crunches" on Dead Center with bots, I was the one who had to pick up the cola, and gas cans. I got the achievement still.

At least I'm pretty sure I did it on DC

Same here. Cola and gas cans seem fine.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i've been distracted by MW2 recently, 360 dudes we need to get some games going this weekend

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Never really played L4D much after picking it up in the original weekend sale way back. Thought I'd give L4D2 a shot in the New Year madness and, Christ, it does seem pretty tough with bots, for all the wrong reasons. I guess they're not too bad at regular gunplay but any time you need to run. Very. Fast they just get caught up far too easily trying to wipe out an infinite horde of commons. <_< Did Dead Centre after a few tries, but the Coaster on Dark Carnival is proving rather more difficult. Eh. Still pretty fun stuff solo, though.

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    bots

Well there's your problem.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Eight RooksEight Rooks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, duh. :P Sue me, I like solo play as well as online, possibly more. Blame any number of bad XBox Live memories.

I'm not eating the mouse or anything - if anything the bots are better than I was led to believe (though I can see their play style would get a lot more of a pain the higher the difficulty goes). I just think it's weird they get hung up on those particular sections. Was it that hard just to get them to, you know, shift? Valve?

Eight Rooks on
    <AtlusParker> Sorry I'm playing Pokemon and vomiting at the same time so I'm not following the conversation in a linear fashion.

Read my book. (It has a robot in it.)
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hello, Left 4 Thread.

I picked up L4D2 during the Steam sale, but since the L4D2 playerbase, present company excluded, seems to be little more than a jamboree of smacktards trying to get the "Make the bots look competent" achievement, I'd be more than happy to meet up for campaign action for either L4D1 or 2.

And here's my Steam profile. Woo.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Merton BlaskMerton Blask Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Been playing on the 360 for the past two weeks, mostly on Scavenge maps. Think I've gotten the hang of things, and I'm borderline competent at times. Pubs are starting to wear on me, there's a certain dirty feeling you get when you kill three survivors as a single hunter.

Anyone who's looking for another for a game of any form, feel free to toss me an invite. (LIVE ID- Merton Blask) I added the metatag, but for the life of me I don't know what the next step is supposed to be.

Merton Blask on
    It would be like if the Queen woke you up every morning. Too special.
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Hello, Left 4 Thread.

I picked up L4D2 during the Steam sale, but since the L4D2 playerbase, present company excluded, seems to be little more than a jamboree of smacktards trying to get the "Make the bots look competent" achievement, I'd be more than happy to meet up for campaign action for either L4D1 or 2.

Say hello in Armadeadon! We're nice people (except for Dr. Tongue).

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I should play some more of this game when I get back to town. I hear it is fun.

That's just the word on the street though.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The word on the street is correct.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hello, Left 4 Thread.

Say hello in Armadeadon! We're nice people (except for Dr. Tongue).

Using chat is really a good way to get a game going. Also, it's Nappuccino that's the one you have to watch out for. He eats babies.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah... well, i hear that Soul Gate guy likes to play l4d to the tune of Dueling Banjos.... if you know what i mean.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ellis was based on Soulgate.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Been playing on the 360 for the past two weeks, mostly on Scavenge maps. Think I've gotten the hang of things, and I'm borderline competent at times. Pubs are starting to wear on me, there's a certain dirty feeling you get when you kill three survivors as a single hunter.

Anyone who's looking for another for a game of any form, feel free to toss me an invite. (LIVE ID- Merton Blask) I added the metatag, but for the life of me I don't know what the next step is supposed to be.

Go onto the Metatag profile and check the friends list, if anyone's online, invite them to a game :)
    Speaking of which. My plans had to be altered and rescheduled but it looks like I'm FINALLY gettin back on my 360! ... at the end of next week D:

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    i wana play.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i wana play.

I too would like to play.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, do people play anything but Versus?

Because I hate Versus and I suck at it.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

You don't all of a sudden become good at a video game by turning it on.

Practice and play it more, you'll learn to love VS.

The infected alone are so much fun when you work with each other.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Canada is 1337Canada is 1337 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

As a person who is finally getting into vs after playing countless hours of L4D1&2, I can assure you this is true.

Canada is 1337 on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    GOD IM SOOOOOOO BORED. Someone steam me a message to play some L4D. :(

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [url=steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429532423]steam://friends/joinchat/103582791429532423[/url]

Alegis on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yay, finally got The Real Deal, on Parish.

Most intense moment was when Napp accidentally triggered a witch, and lived by everyone keeping her off balance with explosive ammo.

Amazing run, with only 1 restart on map 4. Sadly, Tom Cruise-Control did not get The Real Deal, because he played with FRAPS and got disconnected on map 2. :( He will be sorely... um... sorely laughed at? I dunno.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Versus is the best, but you really should buy yourself some headphones.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Yay, finally got The Real Deal, on Parish.

Most intense moment was when Napp accidentally triggered a witch, and lived by everyone keeping her off balance with explosive ammo.

Amazing run, with only 1 restart on map 4. Sadly, Tom Cruise-Control did not get The Real Deal, because he played with FRAPS and got disconnected on map 2. :( He will be sorely... um... sorely laughed at? I dunno.

Oh man that moment was frightening.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, that was awesome fun until I got disconnected.

At least I got my L4D online cherry popped.

Drake on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just played L4D2 custom campaign Diescraper. Its a 3 round campaign traversing a skyscraper to get to a chopper. The finale is played out on the upper 4 floors. Getting to the chopper can be tricky, as the wind can blow you off the helipad if you aren't prepared for it. It reminded us of L4D1 and No Mercy. Hopefully we can get enough for a versus match.

To install, first install L4D2 Add-on Support under Tools in Steam. Then download and extract to Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, I'm glad some user made stuff is coming out.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Drake wrote:
    Man, that was awesome fun until I got disconnected.

At least I got my L4D online cherry popped.

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to you. Drake and I made it through four chapters of Dead Air when he suddenly left. We wound up with two Spanish speaking people, one of whom thankfully was able to communicate well enough in text, and the other clearly somewhat new to the game. Got our collective ass kicked, mostly by Tanks in tight spaces, but it was fun. Hopefully we can get a PAers game together soon.

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think it was my Windows Firewall that did it, since this was the first time I took L4D online and I had that window after I closed the game down that gives you the option to unblock a program. So yeah, I think that was it, and I've added the permission now, and next time it should all be good.

And damn, that was good fun, I was really bummed that I got dumped and then couldn't get back. I'm definitely up for this again sometime.

Drake on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Where exactly are the military taking the survivors? Out West?

or do we not know?

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hit a bug in Dead Centre versus last night.

As soon as the lift doors opened, BAM! Tank in our faces! And when that one went down, BAM! Another one!

At least the same thing happened to the other team, so we got our sweet revenge.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Where exactly are the military taking the survivors? Out West?

or do we not know?

I'm not sure if it's official canon but Valve has said the military is transporting survivors to offshore cruise ships.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hit a bug in Dead Centre versus last night.

As soon as the lift doors opened, BAM! Tank in our faces! And when that one went down, BAM! Another one!

At least the same thing happened to the other team, so we got our sweet revenge.

This happened to us today during a Campaign. It wouldn't have been so bad but we were all refusing to use guns....

Nappuccino on

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I also prefer Campaign to Versus. I've never been good at it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have to say, and it pains me to do so, I really prefer L4D1 over 2. The atmosphere in 1 just hands-down destroys the atmosphere in 2. All the outdoor environments in 2 seem bland and repetitive, the neverending panic events basically turn the game into something that is just not fun to play, the survivors in 1 were more endearing, and the sense of dread that one got from existing in that world has been co-opted by the sense of ZOMGZOMBIESPANICSHOOTSHOOT.

It feels like they made the first game by accident, and their corrections to that formula in the sequel have transformed it into something other than what I thought it was (and enjoyed).

Ceno on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ceno, my thoughts are pretty much entirely backwards to yours.

Yay!

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ceno wrote: »
    the neverending panic events basically turn the game into something that is just not fun to play

NO.

Take a note from the trailer to l4d1: "Run AND Shoot!"

Seriously, there's only one never ending panic event and that is the one that people dislike. Even then, the panic events don't ruin the game flow. For an example, we can get through just about every campaign in 30 min or less on Adv with only melee weapons. The panic events aren't that challenging, just awesome.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, no idea how you can say the atmosphere is better in l4d1 then 2. Seriously, in 1 you can crouch in a corner and defend against a horde by yourself on expert. On a crescendo. Changing those corner-camping crescendo's is the best thing they could've done.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    WhoaFooglesWhoaFoogles Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It took me until just recently to get the joke behind the Dark Carnival finale. I feel pretty slow, but I have a whole new level of appreciation for that campaign now.

Not that it wasn't awesome before, of course.

WhoaFoogles on
This discussion has been closed.